VideoHelp Forum


Try NordVPN to access Netflix or other streaming services from any country and also surf safe!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 582
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    If you get any bugs, you can report it to ahahlive@hanmail.net
    So this is the dev bug reporting email? It's a pity I don't speak Chinese but do they confirm bugs sent to them?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe.

    FYI, it's not Chinese but Korean. And you can try it...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    If you get any bugs, you can report it to ahahlive@hanmail.net
    So this is the dev bug reporting email? It's a pity I don't speak Chinese but do they confirm bugs sent to them?
    The dev usually replies something after a while. Be descriptive. He's not that hot with english.


    On another note. I'm getting frustrated with crash bugs. I downgraded for the umpteenth time because I got crashes when I made bookmarks while having the video zoomed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, received a reply Not sure if I understand him correctly, he said '1,2,3 ok... but 4 is I cannot represent...' (I added a forth bug where the skin goes all white if switching to certain audio streams sometimes).

    I assume he means he can reproduce the 1-3 as I asked if they could confirm the issues.

    BTW does text become faint/thinner for anyone else when in Direct3D 9 skin mode? Seems to for me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    Well, received a reply Not sure if I understand him correctly, he said '1,2,3 ok... but 4 is I cannot represent...' (I added a forth bug where the skin goes all white if switching to certain audio streams sometimes).

    I assume he means he can reproduce the 1-3 as I asked if they could confirm the issues.

    BTW does text become faint/thinner for anyone else when in Direct3D 9 skin mode? Seems to for me.
    That's a win. He didn't say: "Use other player" this time.

    As for text I don't know. I don't see an upside in using the sins in d3d mode so I don't.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    As for text I don't know. I don't see an upside in using the sins in d3d mode so I don't.
    Yeah most of the time I'd stick to regular mode too. My skin happens to be floating so it requires it. If anyone else knows though let me know.

    Edit: also noticing video flickering when in D3D9 mode. Gosh that mode has it's issues !
    Last edited by After Hours; 25th Sep 2013 at 10:05.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anyone has any idea why the General info osd is appearing with madvr-s format instead of the potplayer format? I don't like the grey madvr style text.
    Is it a bug or a feature?
    Quote Quote  
  8. It is not a bug but a intended feature belongs to madvr as there is no way to do that.
    Last edited by sheppaul; 30th Oct 2013 at 11:24.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    It is not a bug but a intended feature belongs to madvr as there is no way to do that.
    Yes there is. It displayed the normal osd until recent versions. It still does in windowed mode. If I remember correctly it was only impossible to do so in full screen exclusive mode, which I don't use.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Gotta love the developer:
    Old verison...
    When change to exclusive, sometime player freezing.
    That is bug of madVR when using madVR's D3D surface.
    So I use madVR's OSD function.
    Couldn't the OSD used be configurable? The madVR OSD is really weak and I never had problems while using the potplayer OSD. Also I never use exclusive mode because it's unnecessary.
    Use old player~~
    Quote Quote  
  11. Eh I'm just happy that bug is fixed. Was pretty annoying.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Does anyone here know the specific code that targets the Mini Mode in PotPlayer?

    By using the tilde ~ key it toggles a small mode in PotPlayer and wanted to add one to my skin.

    Edit: this used to toggle the mode, now it just seems to switch once. Also it now uses the minimum width/height set by the skin as the Mini mode size. *shrugs* PotPlayer has it's quirks :P
    Last edited by After Hours; 12th Dec 2013 at 04:28. Reason: new info
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by V@no View Post
    Does anyone know why PotPlayer stays in memory for about 5-10 seconds after it was closed?
    This creates issues with opening video after it was just closed.
    This issue can only reproduces if setting "multiple launching" is NOT set to "launch multiple potplayer"

    I have the same problem and it is so annoying that I have to switch back to KMP because I have to open several different video files in a short period of time.

    When closing PotPlayer you cannot open a new file in PotPlayer for several seconds.
    (To reproduce open a video, close the player and then try to open the video again; it won't work if you don't let like 5 seconds pass).

    Anyone else having this problem?


    -----
    EDIT: One other thing, sumbled across this in procmon when viewing potplayer:

    Date & Time: 12.12.2013 18:00:30
    Event Class: File System
    Operation: CreateFile
    Result: SUCCESS
    Path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Desired Access: Generic Read
    Disposition: Open
    Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File
    Attributes: N
    ShareMode: Read, Write
    AllocationSize: n/a
    OpenResult: Opened
    ----

    It reads through your hosts file. Beside the other hundreds of files and regkeys it reads through without any real reason and connecting to various IPs every few seconds.
    Last edited by hanegnois; 12th Dec 2013 at 11:07.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Renegade gll99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canadian Tundra
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    Originally Posted by V@no View Post
    Does anyone know why PotPlayer stays in memory for about 5-10 seconds after it was closed?
    This creates issues with opening video after it was just closed.
    This issue can only reproduces if setting "multiple launching" is NOT set to "launch multiple potplayer"

    I have the same problem and it is so annoying that I have to switch back to KMP because I have to open several different video files in a short period of time.

    When closing PotPlayer you cannot open a new file in PotPlayer for several seconds.
    (To reproduce open a video, close the player and then try to open the video again; it won't work if you don't let like 5 seconds pass).

    Anyone else having this problem?
    I often have to wait 30 seconds or more but once in a while it closes within a few seconds. I don't know if it is connected to file size or when there are a large number of videos in a single directory but that is often my situation. I keep a lot of videos together and most are 5gb+ .ts files (with h.264 and ac3 audio). A real pain in the butt that didn't exist many versions ago but can't recall which.

    EDIT:


    I was behind in the updates to just before the latest final PotPlayer v1.5.40688 and the PotPlayer v1.5.42994Upd. I applied both and then retried the player. I personally did not change any settings and don't know what was modified but so far so good. I opened and closed 6 files in a row with no wait time and no residual icon in the quick launch task bar.
    Last edited by gll99; 12th Dec 2013 at 11:12.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by gll99 View Post

    I was behind in the updates to just before the latest final PotPlayer v1.5.40688 and the PotPlayer v1.5.42994Upd. I applied both and then retried the player. I personally did not change any settings and don't know what was modified but so far so good. I opened and closed 6 files in a row with no wait time and no residual icon in the quick launch task bar.

    Hm I just installed PotPlayer1.5.42994Upd.EXE over my PotPlayer1.5.40688.EXE but the problem seems to be the same. It's only one 6MB video in the folder, so that shouldn't be an issue. So you can close PP and instantly doubleclick a new video and it opens?

    EDIT: I uninstalled PotPlayer completely. Installed the 40688 then directly updated to 42994 and now the problem seems to be gone. Btw also no potplayer.exe anymore just the potplayermini.exe.

    EDIT2: And another thing, it does not seem to connect constantly to the internet like the old version (or procmon cannot detect it anymore ;)).
    Last edited by hanegnois; 12th Dec 2013 at 11:49.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Renegade gll99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canadian Tundra
    Search Comp PM
    The internet connection issue could explain a lot, I always had it blocked since I use it only as a local player. Maybe it was sitting there waiting while checking the connection before closing. Whatever the reason I hope it stays fixed. I was often forced to use other players as a fallback because of that problem even though I preferred Potplayer..

    EDIT:

    I double checked to see which version was opening when double clicking on video files and now it is opening PotplayerMini whereas the old shortcut before the update would have opened Potplayer.exe. I tested both though and the difference is minor. The mini version closes instantly and the full version has a slight lag showing the icon in the quickstart taskbar for about a second. No big deal either way.
    Last edited by gll99; 12th Dec 2013 at 13:27.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    Originally Posted by V@no View Post
    Does anyone know why PotPlayer stays in memory for about 5-10 seconds after it was closed?
    This creates issues with opening video after it was just closed.
    This issue can only reproduces if setting "multiple launching" is NOT set to "launch multiple potplayer"

    I have the same problem and it is so annoying that I have to switch back to KMP because I have to open several different video files in a short period of time.

    When closing PotPlayer you cannot open a new file in PotPlayer for several seconds.
    (To reproduce open a video, close the player and then try to open the video again; it won't work if you don't let like 5 seconds pass).

    Anyone else having this problem?
    I have a problem like this. If I restart the player quickly the player loads with the default skin/settings. Are you using an .ini file to store settings like me? I think it's because PP takes some time to shut down aggravated by writing the .ini file.

    By the way just keep PP running instead of closing it. Especially if you open video files frequently...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    I have a problem like this. If I restart the player quickly the player loads with the default skin/settings. Are you using an .ini file to store settings like me? I think it's because PP takes some time to shut down aggravated by writing the .ini file.
    I use an .ini but on an SSD - though a very small file like that should be written on any drive in a matter of miliseconds. Try uninstalling, then install the full version and then the newest update and try it again.

    Another thing; how to get PP to scale the window size to 1x video size when loading a video? Can't find any option to do so. (1.5.42994).
    Last edited by hanegnois; 12th Dec 2013 at 15:11.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Playback > screen size

    Not necessarily the writing itself is the issue, but generating the text, encoding binary data as text (because of bookmarks) for example.
    Quote Quote  
  20. When uninstalling and re-installing with the newest beta patch did not help you (newest beta no longer uses potplayer.exe but potplayermini.exe) you might want to try a new config. You could delete the old in "C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PotPlayerMini" (or \potplayer\) if you use the old version and see if the bug still occurs.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have a question.
    I use K-lite codecs and I donīt want to use PotPLayer codecs.
    How Can I disable all PotPlayer codecs and use K-lite?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Well, first let me say that codec packs suck. Anyway all you can do is set filters/decoders to "system default", you wont be able to disable some internal decoders though...
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Well, first let me say that codec packs suck. Anyway all you can do is set filters/decoders to "system default", you wont be able to disable some internal decoders though...
    ok, then, How Can I configure "Source/Splitter Filter"?
    Quote Quote  
  24. In the preferences of course... Filters section.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    first let me say that codec packs suck
    Ok, thanks for your reply.
    And my last question: Whatīs the best Codec Pack? What do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  26. As long as the player continues to update, there is no need to use external codec pack. The frequent update also includes the latest codec. Strongly recommend to use just as it is. It is almost the best option available.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by minegroasprilla View Post
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    first let me say that codec packs suck
    Ok, thanks for your reply.
    And my last question: Whatīs the best Codec Pack? What do you recommend?
    There's no need for codec packs "LAV filters" should suffice, it supports any notable format. The internal could suffice too, but it has las feature. LAV provides a great hardware deinterlacer for example and tends to be more reliable.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi. PotPlayer seems to lack some features of KMP. Firstly it's more precise skewing of audio track (KMP allows precise skewing in three sizes steps) while PP seems to offer only shift by 0.05s (50msec - too coarse). If that's true then is there any workaround to move the audio track more fine. If that's not true where the more fine controls hide?
    Secondly, I verified that PP in frame stepping mode (F) doesnot playback frame audio for whole length, this is quite disappointing. Can this be fixed by using different splitter/filter/renderer, whatever?
    Quote Quote  
  29. True and no workaround. If you are serious, try contacting to a dev via email: ahahlive@hanmail.net

    I'm not sure about the second thing. It's not clear what you're exactly talking about.


    If you think it is a bug, just report to the dev. It'll be fixed shortly.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Anakunda View Post
    Hi. PotPlayer seems to lack some features of KMP. Firstly it's more precise skewing of audio track (KMP allows precise skewing in three sizes steps) while PP seems to offer only shift by 0.05s (50msec - too coarse). If that's true then is there any workaround to move the audio track more fine. If that's not true where the more fine controls hide?
    Secondly, I verified that PP in frame stepping mode (F) doesnot playback frame audio for whole length, this is quite disappointing. Can this be fixed by using different splitter/filter/renderer, whatever?
    It's funny to claim that 0.05s is not fine enough... I only used 0.1 with KMP. Anyway I wouldn't get my hopes up. The dev isn't big in adding functionality that isn't already there.

    The second might have a better chance.

    (I could have sworn there was a feature to set exact delay for audio or subtitles. But I can't find it now. Maybe it was KMP or was removed.)
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads