VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Hockey Man View Post
    I kept my old ini file and PotPlayer was able to recognize the thumbnail feature. I don't see any problems, so the old ini seems compatible. I think PotPlayer just makes the necessary adjustments to the ini file when you update.
    Good. Thanks.

Speaking about the 1.5.36181Upd update, has anyone noticed DVD playback problems? Like it is skipping a frame at regular intervals every few seconds (audio does not seem affected)?

Note: The changelog said "If you're running PotPlayer on a low system, you may encounter some problems since this feature requires much cpu usage!"

Can't say that is the root of the problem tho. I tried it with the thumbnail box unchecked, but it made no difference.

Rolled it back to v1.5.35491 and that took care of it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by halserrano View Post
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Of course it is it would be pretty stupid, if it couldn't handle updates. If new settings were implemented then thel player will write them as soon as you change them from default.
    Sorry, maybe I did not explain my point clearly.

It's not that a new Potplayer install wont recognize the setting changes from the old Potplayer.ini file, but will the new installation recognize that, as a Potplayermini.ini from a previous version, it is not complete or compatible with the latest developmental innovations, i.e. the ability not offered until the latest update to "Display thumbnail previews on .nav bar."

The is a question of whether a new Potplayer install is intuitive enough and does it have the ability to make the necessary changes in a previous Potplayermini.ini to ensure that the previous Potplayermini.ini becomes compatible, does not corrupt the operation of the program, and will display and deliver all of the new preference options intended by the upgrade.
    Same answer. Pretty much the same question too. There's nothing intuitive about it, it'll just add the new stuff in the ini files. You have it all wrong by the way. How on earth would ini files force behaviour on the program? It reads and uses its settings if it's corrupted it overwrites it with a an empty one. If settings are invalid it will ignore it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by halserrano View Post
    Originally Posted by Hockey Man View Post
    I kept my old ini file and PotPlayer was able to recognize the thumbnail feature. I don't see any problems, so the old ini seems compatible. I think PotPlayer just makes the necessary adjustments to the ini file when you update.
    Good. Thanks.

Speaking about the 1.5.36181Upd update, has anyone noticed DVD playback problems? Like it is skipping a frame at regular intervals every few seconds (audio does not seem affected)?

Note: The changelog said "If you're running PotPlayer on a low system, you may encounter some problems since this feature requires much cpu usage!"

Can't say that is the root of the problem tho. I tried it with the thumbnail box unchecked, but it made no difference.

Rolled it back to v1.5.35491 and that took care of it.
    You could test it and report back to the developer if you can isolate the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    You could test it and report back to the developer if you can isolate the problem.
    I tried it with the latest update and all settings at default, but it still does the same thing.

I wouldn't have a clue on how to troubleshoot something like this, but one clue might be that in the "Previews of upcoming films" & "Bonus Features" sections of the DVD, the playback is fine.

It's only messed up in the main movie playback.

Does anyone have a link to report a bug to the developer? I cant find one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by halserrano View Post
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    I tried it with the latest update and all settings at default, but it still does the same thing.

I wouldn't have a clue on how to troubleshoot something like this, but one clue might be that in the "Previews of upcoming films" & "Bonus Features" sections of the DVD, the playback is fine.

It's only messed up in the main movie playback.

Did you try it with different splitters/decoders?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by halserrano View Post
    You can email them here: ahahlive [at] hanmail.net. I'm not sure if they understand English well since they're Korean.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Did you try it with different splitters/decoders?
    I've isolated the problem, at least partially.

This has been occurring since the first update after PotPlayer1.5.35491.EXE full install.

All 4 updates have a modified version of ffcodec.dll, each one different from the previous, and the playback behavior has changed slightly with each update, but not fixed.

I installed 1.5.36205Upd and swapped out the ffcodec.dll that was included with the one from v1.5.35491 and the DVD plays fine now

***EDIT: The problem now is that this workaround breaks the playback for other files, i.e .flv, mp4, and there is no thumbnail feature using the early ffcodec.dll. Who knows what else it also might affect.

Originally Posted by Hockey Man View Post
    You can email them here: ahahlive [at] hanmail.net. I'm not sure if they understand English well since they're Korean.
    Thanks, I'll do that.
    Last edited by halserrano; 19th Mar 2013 at 14:56.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I need to keep track of a lot of bookmarks.

There seems to be a bug causing the PotPlayerMini64.ini file to get wiped (resets all settings and deletes bookmarks) when I go past 200 bookmark items (individual files). Any idea what is going on?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Videopott View Post
    I need to keep track of a lot of bookmarks.

There seems to be a bug causing the PotPlayerMini64.ini file to get wiped (resets all settings and deletes bookmarks) when I go past 200 bookmark items (individual files). Any idea what is going on?
    Why on earth do yo want that many bookmarks?
    I only know of one limit since 1.5.35161 Beta: "Bookmarks is now limited up to 2000"
    Did you try what happens if you store settings it in the registry?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Small tip with the latest version 1.5.36746,

You may know a chapter's name is displayed upon a thumbnail preview, there is a quick way to jump to the current chapter on seeking bar with mouse. Just right click on timeline, and it will jump to the starting point of a nearest chapter. I've just tried it. It also works with bookmarks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used MPC Classic and VLC but I now prefer POT player (especially for HD files)

I like the idea of myself standardizing on one player so that I get used to its controls when playing files.

It is silly having to remember all the controls of 3 or more players.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Is it just me or are the jump to previous/next bookmark/chapter fuction is totally borked in recent versions?

It doesn't jump to bookmarks. If there are chapters it works. If I make a bookmark while having chapters, the player jumps to the chapter position, but only shows the bookmark on the seekbar...
    Quote Quote  
  13. What is this new data.7z thing in the newest bet update? If I copy it to the potplayer folder nothing happens.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Still this stupid data.7z. Why do the translator want to make me run their crappy installers.
    Quote Quote  
  15. .7z is an archive. Use 7-Zip to extract the contents.
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    .7z is an archive. Use 7-Zip to extract the contents.
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    But it's password protected, so I can't unpack it. It's stupid...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know why PotPlayer stays in memory for about 5-10 seconds after it was closed?
    This creates issues with opening video after it was just closed.
    This issue can only reproduces if setting "multiple launching" is NOT set to "launch multiple potplayer"

Thanks.

PotPlayer 1.5.38596 32bit (also 64bit)
    Last edited by V@no; 14th Jul 2013 at 18:15.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another thing to try:
    start a video playback, and open file information window (CTRL+F1), leave that window open and close player. The info window will stay but will be unresponding and will close by itself in a few seconds (20-30 seconds for me)
    During this time you can't start playback another video (unless mutliple launching is enabled)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Latest 1.5.38769 Beta and 1.5.38562 both connects to internet. Updates disabled.
    It seems it connecting to logins.daum.net, tiara.daum.net and get.daum.net.

Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I used UrlSnooper2 to see what Potplayer was accessing (check for updates disabled). I found it was accessing tvpot.daum.net, tiara.daum.net, get.daum.net, and a bunch of verisign urls.

I added the following to my hosts file:

127.0.0.1 tvpot.daum.net
    127.0.0.1 tiara.daum.net
    127.0.0.1 get.daum.net

And it no longer makes any net access.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks.
    That was helpful. Seems OK for now.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't make up my mind between Pot Player and KM PLayer.

But I do wish people would not make statements such as "xyz player" is the best without saying why!

We all have different wants and needs when it come to the best.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Digmen1 View Post
    I can't make up my mind between Pot Player and KM PLayer.

But I do wish people would not make statements such as "xyz player" is the best without saying why!

We all have different wants and needs when it come to the best.
    I used to be a kmp user, but after the original dev left for potplayer the development really slowed down and I had daily crashes. So I moved to potplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aside from technical aspects the user interface is very important to me.

I much prefer KM Players to Pot Players at the moment.
    Eg I like the way it shows the file name at the top (all the time)
    I like the thumbnail preview of the movie as you mouse along (ala You Tube)
    I like the larger fonts for the time elapsed etc.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Digmen1 View Post
    Aside from technical aspects the user interface is very important to me.

I much prefer KM Players to Pot Players at the moment.
    Eg I like the way it shows the file name at the top (all the time)
    I like the thumbnail preview of the movie as you mouse along (ala You Tube)
    I like the larger fonts for the time elapsed etc.
    Ehh... Try different skins. The tumbnail preview is available too.
    Quote Quote  
  26. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Not to mention this thread is for discussing Potplayer usage, problems and solutions,
    not for talking about KMPlayer, ¿no es verdad?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oops sorry.
    Is there a list of POT player skins and what they do ?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Digmen1 View Post
    Oops sorry.
    Is there a list of POT player skins and what they do ?
    There's a number of skins packed. Feel free to try them out. KMP like skins too. There were some skins in the doom9 thread but that's gone now...
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Latest beta - Windows XP - Install ok but error running
    Quote Quote  
  30. New stable version. It's not in the stupid encrypted .7z format that the betas were in.
    I've been using the old 1.5.36474Upd because of bugs. So far so good. Didn't notice any.

Anyone knows what does the "store bookmarks to a .pbf file" option do. Because I don't see any files appearing with a pbf extension....
    Quote Quote