VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Thread
  1. Update:

So I looked up the settings there used to be a "Keep internal bookmark list" option instead of "Show bookmark list".

So I had that disabled while it was available. Which now I can't. Maybe I can figure out what was set in the ini/registry. Maybe it still works and only the UI setting was removed.

Update2:
    Nope. The setting is removed instantly. Sad...
    Image Attached Images    
    Last edited by mzso; 22nd Jan 2018 at 07:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    ...Then, why not compile versions for OSX and *nix? why ONLY for windoze?

I am one of millions of power users, IT pros, geeks, and other technically skilled users who are ignored by the general internet.

For me, for the easiest sites to get video from, I don't even NEED an app, I can just use an online capture service, like the fine
    It builds on windows-only technology so porting it to something else would require a LOT more than just compiling it to other OS-es.

You're on of the <1% if you're a linux user, not worth the bother.
    Also if you're one who cares for multimedia (or graphics, or games) you're not using linux. (I can't speak of OSX, it's tied to hardware of a rip-off/fashion company which I'll never buy. So I never came in contact with it)
    ...for OSX, it turns out that the solution for me is VMWare Fusion. It can run Windows 10, fedora, and even DOS images. There is also em6-dosbox, which can run on a web page.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Update:

So I looked up the settings there used to be a "Keep internal bookmark list" option instead of "Show bookmark list".

So I had that disabled while it was available. Which now I can't. Maybe I can figure out what was set in the ini/registry. Maybe it still works and only the UI setting was removed.

Update2:
    Nope. The setting is removed instantly. Sad...
    It looks like this got resolved, by the option being re-added in the latest stable release. I did have to remove leftover bookmark gunk from the registry though because they wouldn't disappear.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    [1.7.8557]			         	2018/02/08
    - Fixed issues with ads
    - Fixed a problem that sometimes the video does not come out
    Anyone want to guess what "does not come out" mean? Or what issue with what ads...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi!

I noticed that recent versions don't remember whether the file was played or not when I copy files from one playlist to another.
    Is there a setting for this (I don't see anything that looks relevant) or did they just change how it works? I rather liked the old behavior, can I get it back?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I just want to express my appreciation, finally PotPlayer can auto-rotate MKV with an embedded XML rotation tag, as of PotPlayer 1.7.8557 64-bit.

It's a superb ability, for I often remux videos of different codecs (eg. H.264, VP8, VP9, etc) into an MKV container and then embed an XML rotation tag to those videos which were shot sideways. Thus I don't have to manually rotate them every time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anyone want to guess what these new features mean?
    Code:
    [1.7.10780]			           	2018/04/09
    + Added PotPlayer extension with AngelScript
      Added open address extension
      Added media playlist/item extension
      Added online subtitle extension
      Added online subtitle translation extension
    + Added Crossfeed function into sound processing

- Change the default video output device
      "Built-in Direct3D 11 Video Renderer" in Windows 8 or newer
      "Built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer" in Vista or newer
    - Change the default sound output device
      "Built-in WASAPI Audio Renderer" in Vista or newer
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Anyone want to guess what these new features mean?
    Code:
    [1.7.10780]			           	2018/04/09
    + Added PotPlayer extension with AngelScript
      Added open address extension
      Added media playlist/item extension
      Added online subtitle extension
      Added online subtitle translation extension
    + Added Crossfeed function into sound processing

- Change the default video output device
      "Built-in Direct3D 11 Video Renderer" in Windows 8 or newer
      "Built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer" in Vista or newer
    - Change the default sound output device
      "Built-in WASAPI Audio Renderer" in Vista or newer
    Polish translator of PotPlayer has some explanations here: https://potplayerclub.pl/big-shot-wielkie-usprawnienia/
    I hope the google translator can make them understandable in other languages
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by AllisOne View Post
    I hope the google translator can make them understandable in other languages
    Somewhat. So it basically means that multimedia and subtitle website support can be extended via other sites? Though I still have no clue what might "Added open address extension" means.
    Last edited by mzso; 9th Apr 2018 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Before, the "Local File Navigator" option for playlists used to automatically update with file changes in the folder (added/removed), but now it lists the same files as when the playlist was selected. (I use the "List only supported formats in the path tree" option)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by starfall89 View Post
    Before, the "Local File Navigator" option for playlists used to automatically update with file changes in the folder (added/removed), but now it lists the same files as when the playlist was selected. (I use the "List only supported formats in the path tree" option)
    Report it to the dev. (See opening post)
    Quote Quote