VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. See Device - DVD/Blu-Ray in preferences. Personally I like VOB file playback mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-30_8-18-03.jpg
Views:	1364
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	27156
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    See Device - DVD/Blu-Ray in preferences. Personally I like VOB file playback mode.
    Sweet! Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Shortcut for DVD-playback is Cntrl+D, might be known but just in case
    Also, MPEG-2 playback via DXVA does work currently only with built-in video codec.
    LAV does not, even if I can select DXVA for MPEG-2 in LAV-properties.

As for DVD-playback via LAV-video, didnt work in most PotPlayer versions, crashed PP instantly.
    Using PPs built-in for MPEG-2 works just fine, so not much of a problem.
    DVD-playback was actually the only issue I ever had with LAV-video decoder in PP.
    Last edited by tuco76; 2nd Sep 2014 at 08:40.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Using 1.6.49675 Beta

I think bookmark menu is becoming too complicated.
    It is better for YouTube control to be on somewhere else, isn't it?

Lower items in the menu are invisible as having many bookmarks which from all other files are listed.
    Even if "Use scrollbar in popup menu" is set on, this menu won't be scrolled in case the playing file has any bookmarks and "Show bookmark thumbnails" is checked.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Kind of urgent question for an event: can PotPlayer output directly to a projector / is there some way to do this without dragging the window to it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pkpk View Post
    Using 1.6.49675 Beta

Lower items in the menu are invisible as having many bookmarks which from all other files are listed.
    Even if "Use scrollbar in popup menu" is set on, this menu won't be scrolled in case the playing file has any bookmarks and "Show bookmark thumbnails" is checked.
    Yeah. The bookmarks menu sucks. I think the other file's items should be in a different submenu.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    Kind of urgent question for an event: can PotPlayer output directly to a projector / is there some way to do this without dragging the window to it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-01_11-17-40.jpg
Views:	1265
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	27199

FYI, you must use the latest (beta) version to get a proper setup with a projector.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    Kind of urgent question for an event: can PotPlayer output directly to a projector / is there some way to do this without dragging the window to it?
    FYI, you must use the latest (beta) version to get a proper setup with a projector.
    Thanks for the tip, will install the latest version to be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by pkpk View Post
    Using 1.6.49675 Beta

Yeah. The bookmarks menu sucks. I think the other file's items should be in a different submenu.
    I bet the dev does not know the problem you're experiencing.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by pkpk View Post
    Using 1.6.49675 Beta

I bet the dev does not know the problem you're experiencing.
    Nah, I think I sent a mail some months ago of how big of a mess it is. Items pushed out of screen, useful/important items at the very end, etc.
    I think it was just plain ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  11. There was no reply?? Then you can try again.. Your mail could be lost in his mail box.

He seems not like something complicated. So make your words short and clear.
    Attaching horrible screenshot related with the problem could help him understand your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Nah, I think I sent a mail some months ago of how big of a mess it is. Items pushed out of screen, useful/important items at the very end, etc.
    I'm fond of PP's bookmark function and make a lot of ones.
    So I hope the dev has been considering more convenient interface.
    Maybe expanding Playlist including AB Repeat and Skip list?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    There was no reply?? Then you can try again.. Your mail could be lost in his mail box.

He seems not like something complicated. So make your words short and clear.
    Attaching horrible screenshot related with the problem could help him understand your problem.
    I mentioned it together with other issues... He didn't care for this. Anyway, maybe I'll try again, if the rumored official english forum comes to be.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by pkpk View Post
    I'm fond of PP's bookmark function and make a lot of ones.
    So I hope the dev has been considering more convenient interface.
    Maybe expanding Playlist including AB Repeat and Skip list?
    I like bookmarks too myself. But there are several issues. Asides from this you can get bookmarks lost if there are a lot of them, if you close/open PP quickly. (Or super low shutdown/startup performance if you store the settings in an ini file)
    Also when the ini file size grew above somes size (5mb I think), the settings were reset and every bookmark and configuration was lost. (May be fixed by now)
    Also loading a bookmark for a file that's not being played apparently defeats the "Append files rather than clear playlist" and clears the default playlist.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Did you try the following option?

Name:  2014-09-02_20-18-11.jpg
Views: 2422
Size:  24.3 KB
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    Did you try the following option?

[Attachment 27232 - Click to enlarge]
    Yes. Out of necessity. It's a lot more reliable. I don't like that it's there for someone to see whatever stupid things I bookmarked if I forget to delete them before sharing.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    I like bookmarks too myself. But there are several issues. Asides from this you can get bookmarks lost if there are a lot of them, if you close/open PP quickly. (Or super low shutdown/startup performance if you store the settings in an ini file)
    Also when the ini file size grew above somes size (5mb I think), the settings were reset and every bookmark and configuration was lost. (May be fixed by now)
    Also loading a bookmark for a file that's not being played apparently defeats the "Append files rather than clear playlist" and clears the default playlist.
    Thanks for advice.

I use the registry now without .ini file which i did before. (but I had not lost every)
    And I also use .PBF file so I never miss bookmarks when rename or move the file with them.

As for the default playlist, it seems to be cleared if we open a file associated with PP from Explorer when some playlist other than default is selected.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Also loading a bookmark for a file that's not being played apparently defeats the "Append files rather than clear playlist" and clears the default playlist.
    I've just tried it and it works without any problem. 1.6.49719

As for the default playlist, it seems to be cleared if we open a file associated with PP from Explorer when some playlist other than default is selected.
    Confirmed.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by pkpk View Post
    Not here. It's added to the selected playlist. (I think maybe there's a setting for this. I forgot... I can't see anything in the playlist settings window)
    But it happens if you drag/drop to the main window.

Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    I've just tried it and it works without any problem. 1.6.49719
    Apparently it also need so be missing from the playlist. But also if non-default playlist is selected. (Like the previous bug.)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Does anyone know if there's PP skin command for the current volume and the full path for the playing file?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Not here. It's added to the selected playlist. (I think maybe there's a setting for this. I forgot... I can't see anything in the playlist settings window)
    To drag/drop to the main window is same as to open from Explore.
    You may choose "Add files to playlist" on Preferences>General>Multiple instances.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by pkpk View Post
    To drag/drop to the main window is same as to open from Explore.
    You may choose "Add files to playlist" on Preferences>General>Multiple instances.
    It most definitely isn't. As you pointed out it bypasses the add to the playlist feature...
    Quote Quote  
  23. Also loading a bookmark for a file that's not being played apparently defeats the "Append files rather than clear playlist" and clears the default playlist.

Both issues seem to be fixed now. 1.6.49747
    Last edited by sheppaul; 4th Sep 2014 at 09:18.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post

Both issues seem to be fixed now. 1.6.49747
    Hah! Cool.
    Best update in a while.
    Quote Quote  
  25. How to make a proper portable version for Pot Player:

- install PotPlayer.
    - install OpenCodec when asked, select all the dll's during install.
    - open PotPlayer, in Preferences set to use ini file.
    - copy PotPlayer folder from Program Files.
    - it is now portable.

Why do this?
    Because this is the only way to fix the audio in some mkv files.
    Like the one here:

The OpenCodec installment just adds a few dll's in the MODULE folder inside the PotPlayer folder.

The portable versions listed on VideoHelp forum dont work with all files.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 29th Sep 2014 at 02:43. Reason: Please do NOT link to warez/torrents! Link removed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have got the latest version Potplayer installed. My previous version, subtitle can be seen.
    After updating to the latest, it's missing now. I like Potplayer very much and because due to
    the subtitle problem. I have no choice to revert to KMPlayer. Funny thing is that the subtitle
    shows in KMPlayer. Perhaps the developer of Potplayer to install it 'default', so that nothing can be
    change. Hope it will change for the better. This is the first time I'm facing it. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David Teng View Post
    I have got the latest version Potplayer installed. My previous version, subtitle can be seen.
    After updating to the latest, it's missing now. I like Potplayer very much and because due to
    the subtitle problem. I have no choice to revert to KMPlayer. Funny thing is that the subtitle
    shows in KMPlayer. Perhaps the developer of Potplayer to install it 'default', so that nothing can be
    change. Hope it will change for the better. This is the first time I'm facing it. Thank you.
    Have you tried manually enabled the subtitles? Right click and choose subtitles->show subtitle/select languague.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, Baldrick. I'll will try it. And in the meantime I
    might as well use KMPlayer until the developer sort out the
    problems. Anyway thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    See Device - DVD/Blu-Ray in preferences. Personally I like VOB file playback mode.
    I'm unfamiliar with this part. I guess you need the appropriate software (or some program files?) installed.
    Can any of them handle blu-ray? (including BD-J)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seem like it is ok now, since I have uninstalled and unistastall Potplayer.
    It is ok now. Thanks for the concern. Again thank you my friend. PotPlayer
    is still the best player around.
    Quote Quote