VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    Does anyone know if 64-bit support for madVR is planned on?
    Im searching for the best Renderer-setup, aiming at truest-to-source, smooth playback.

@El Heggunte:In that other thread you recommended Overlay mixer instead of EVR-Cust.
    That still valid, also for W-7? Itseems not much of a difference, but EVR-C looks slightly better in my first test.
    Or might I be better off installing 32-bit with madVR then?

Also:
    Anyone else noticed issues with cycling through the subs via Alt+L?
    It finds each sub once, then, instead of the sub.name it shows:
    Language: Text* Undetermined, no subtitles.
    When I navigate to the subs via menu then, its all normal there and works.
    Then again cycling via Alt-L, same thing happens again..:/

Thanks for your time, any input on this highly appreciated

EDIT: I found what setting had been changed itself and did the override for standard-flagged subs.. Its under:
    Subtitles->Subtitle Sync->Subtitle Lang./Sync/other settings.
    When updating to the last stable, PP set this German only]
    I'm quite sure 64 bit madVR isn't in the plans. The author was always negatory towards it in the past.

Overlay mixer is a last resort. It doesn't even do decent chroma upsampling if I remember correctly. Use madVR. 64 bit doesn't have any advantages anyway, you just loose madVR and DTS-HD MA decoding capability.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    I'm quite sure 64 bit madVR isn't in the plans. The author was always negatory towards it in the past.

Overlay mixer is a last resort. It doesn't even do decent chroma upsampling if I remember correctly. Use madVR. 64 bit doesn't have any advantages anyway, you just loose madVR and DTS-HD MA decoding capability.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give that a go then! I guess I'll have to do a complete new setup then for 32-bit, or is it possible to import settings from my 64-bit install?
    Also, I just read that EVR-C is needed for dxva (at least for W-7)? That true? I'd really prefer using it.

DTS-HD MA decoding actually worked for me on (newer) 64-bit versions (downsampling to 2.0, normalized, default built-in audio setup) -
    Or am I getting you wrong there somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give that a go then! I guess I'll have to do a complete new setup then for 32-bit, or is it possible to import settings from my 64-bit install?
    Also, I just read that EVR-C is needed for dxva (at least for W-7)? That true? I'd really prefer using it.

DTS-HD MA decoding actually worked for me on (newer) 64-bit versions (downsampling to 2.0, normalized, default built-in audio setup) -
    I see no reason to start from scratch. Probably you'll need to re-configure the filters/decoders to 32 bit variants.
    HW accel works fin with madVR too. (With LAV the copy-back dxva variant still works with overlay mixer too)

I doubt that DTS-HD MA worked. Probably only the DTS core was decoded. You need to use the ArcSoft's DTS decoder (dtsdecoderdll.dll) either with potplayer's built in decoder or through LAV to get it, and that's 32-bit.

Edit:
    Did a quick test and the 64bit version can't even decode plain DTS. And LAV naturally can't load the 32 bit dll.
    Last edited by mzso; 14th Aug 2014 at 05:37.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post

I see no reason to start from scratch. Probably you'll need to re-configure the filters/decoders to 32 bit variants.
    HW accel works fin with madVR too. (With LAV the copy-back dxva variant still works with overlay mixer too)

I doubt that DTS-HD MA worked. Probably only the DTS core was decoded. You need to use the ArcSoft's DTS decoder (dtsdecoderdll.dll) either with potplayer's built in decoder or through LAV to get it, and that's 32-bit.
    Off course youre right, only the core is decoded, I understood it couldnt even do that, my bad.

I'll go ahead switching only the filters/decoders to 32bit then.
    I read setting up madVR is not that easy, couldn't find any proper tutorial or sth.
    In case someone got a link for that, much appreciated!
    Thanks again for the help so far!
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can use it with default settings if you don't want to sift through and experiment.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Is there an opcion similar to "network caching" from VLC? I would like to know it, because when I open URL youtube video, the playback sometimes stop.
    Or How can I configure the buffer size when I see a youtube video?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    plz help me why my potplayer shows like this,
    (this video play correctly in other players like MPC but why potplayer can't i use latest version of potpayler)

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	26986Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	26987
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by TheSuperPhoenix View Post
    Is there an opcion similar to "network caching" from VLC? I would like to know it, because when I open URL youtube video, the playback sometimes stop.
    Or How can I configure the buffer size when I see a youtube video?
    I'm unaware of such features. Anyway PP is not really good for youtube. For one you don't get 720p+ resolutions.

Originally Posted by Age080 View Post
    (this video play correctly in other players like MPC but why potplayer can't i use latest version of potpayler)
    Since you didn't post an original it's hard to tell exactly how it's wrong. ( http://screenshotcomparison.com/ is cool for these things)
    Try checking your video driver, your video codec, changing your renderer to evr-cp/madVR, disabling the built-in video processing filter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Age080 View Post
    Since you didn't post an original it's hard to tell exactly how it's wrong. ( http://screenshotcomparison.com/ is cool for these things)
    Try checking your video driver, your video codec, changing your renderer to evr-cp/madVR, disabling the built-in video processing filter.
    In MPC (K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1065) on same PC looks like this,

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	26990

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	26991

check the portion below the eyes.
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Your copy of PotPlayer is displaying that video in a wrong aspect ratio --- so the entire image is wrong,
    not only "the portion below the eyes".
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Your copy of PotPlayer is displaying that video in a wrong aspect ratio --- so the entire image is wrong,
    in potplayer i just maximize the window....in setting aspect ratio is free. I want to know why potplayer show color change below eye portion which not seen in MPC on same PC.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Reset the player in preferences and try it again.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Age080 View Post
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    in potplayer i just maximize the window....in setting aspect ratio is free. I want to know why potplayer show color change below eye portion which not seen in MPC on same PC.
    Why don't you try doing the things I said?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Where did all the skins go? I just installed on a new machine and there is none.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What skins? There is no skin pack included in official releases.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I mean the BlackBox theme shown in the screenshot in the player page.

There were skins included with older versions why aren't they bundled anymore?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Skins have never been included in official releases.
    Quote Quote  
  18. WTF are you talking about? Go download 1.5.45955 and you'll find the skins. Or is that not an official release?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Official release comes with only one skin, which is not the blackbox, this skin was placed by the dvbsupport staff. And can be downloaded separately by the dvbsupport site.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    64 bit doesn't have any advantages anyway, you just loose madVR and DTS-HD MA decoding capability.

Did a quick test and the 64bit version can't even decode plain DTS.
    Youre right with 64-bit, but I tested and seems like both (64 & 32bit) versions cant decode any DTS anymore..! Theres no "built-in" option in audio filters for DTS anymore, theres only "system default".

I checked back on a previous version I used, back then filter menu used to look like:

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	5650
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	27115

Obviously they stopped providing FFmpeg Audio decoders as built-in / default option, I guess copyright/ whatever issue !?

Tried that, but couldn't get the 32-bit LAV filters to work in my 64-bit version,
    so I started a new PP 32-bit with MadVR from scratch then
    (Youre right, though of course, no actual backdraws 64 -> 32bit anyway)

[BTW, PPs deinstalling dialogue/options are (still) in Korean, would be nice having English there.]

My first go then with MadVR at default gave me jerky playback, did some reading at Doom9 etc.,
    found out it was caused by "enable automatic full screen exclusive mode", had to un-check this option.
    Did some more testing / finetuning, and works really nice now! As you stated, DXVA works fine in MadVR, as well.

I also installed ReClock, Im not sure so far if it makes a noticeable difference for 23,976 or 24 fps files (to my 60Hz Monitor).
    MadVR seemed to adjust those files nicely even without ReClock (23,976->60fps)
    @ mzso, Do you use ReClock, too? .. always or only for 25fps content?

Anyway, big thanks again for the heads up to MadVR, its really great, smoother playback and looks in deed better than EVR-C!

One more question, what exactly does PPs new option "don't get focus when started with a file"?
    Did research, couldnt figure it out though and I mentioned no difference
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Havokdan View Post
    Official release comes with only one skin, which is not the blackbox, this skin was placed by the dvbsupport staff. And can be downloaded separately by the dvbsupport site.
    True, but NASSOOR is right too. Few older releases included Blackbox, and I guess 2-3 more skins.
    I downloaded these versions here at videohelp, but I'm not 100% sure these were actually "official"..!?
    Anyway, I downloaded my recent BlackBox skin package here:

http://daumpotplayer.com/tag/darkclean/

Now using "BlackBoxVFD_Original_AdvCtrl" , looks good with all functionalities I could need.
    Big thanks @ Yupiter65 BTW, great job!
    Last edited by tuco76; 27th Aug 2014 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    Youre right with 64-bit, but I tested and seems like both (64 & 32bit) versions cant decode any DTS anymore..! Theres no "built-in" option in audio filters for DTS anymore, theres only "system default".

I checked back on a previous version I used, back then filter menu used to look like:

[Attachment 27115 - Click to enlarge]

Obviously they stopped providing FFmpeg Audio decoders as built-in / default option, I guess copyright/ whatever issue !?

Tried that, but couldn't get the 32-bit LAV filters to work in my 64-bit version,
    so I started a new PP 32-bit with MadVR from scratch then
    (Youre right, though of course, no actual backdraws 64 -> 32bit anyway)

[BTW, PPs deinstalling dialogue/options are (still) in Korean, would be nice having English there.]

My first go then with MadVR at default gave me jerky playback, did some reading at Doom9 etc.,
    found out it was caused by "enable automatic full screen exclusive mode", had to un-check this option.
    Did some more testing / finetuning, and works really nice now! As you stated, DXVA works fine in MadVR, as well.

I also installed ReClock, Im not sure so far if it makes a noticeable difference for 23,976 or 24 fps files (to my 60Hz Monitor).
    MadVR seemed to adjust those files nicely even without ReClock (23,976->60fps)
    @ mzso, Do you use ReClock, too? .. always or only for 25fps content?

Anyway, big thanks again for the heads up to MadVR, its really great, smoother playback and looks in deed better than EVR-C!

One more question, what exactly does PPs new option "don't get focus when started with a file"?
    Did research, couldnt figure it out though and I mentioned no difference
    Of course you couldn't get 32 bit working with the 64 bit version. That's why they are two versions. But we were talking about moving to 32bit so why did you?
    Anyway you only needed to configure PP once you installed the 32 bit version.

I don't use reclock didn't feel the necessity to do so. People claim it's necessary to prevent frame drop. But madVR (ctrl+j) shows something like 1 drop in 10 minutes, so I don't bother. 25p content is rare anyways and I don't notice anything. All Blu-rays I saw were 23.976. People at the madVR thread can probably tell you more about reclock. (Maybe there's a recklock thread too.)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Where PotPlayer loading temp of playing video. Even if erase video file in folder it is still playing in PotPlayer (until closing)
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Of course you couldn't get 32 bit working with the 64 bit version. That's why they are two versions. But we were talking about moving to 32bit so why did you?
    I thought you implied trying LAV-32 filters in my PP-64, when you wrote "Probably you'll need to re-configure the filters/decoders to 32 bit variants." Understood you wrong then.
    Anyway you only needed to configure PP once you installed the 32 bit version.
    Sure, no big deal at all didn't meant to complain

25p content is rare anyways and I don't notice anything. All Blu-rays I saw were 23.976. People at the madVR thread can probably tell you more about reclock. (Maybe there's a recklock thread too.)
    Yeah, only very few Blurays with 25/50fps MBAFF, anyway they play just as fine as 23,976 AFAIK..
    But as I'm in PALregion, I got pretty much DVDs/Rips @ 25fps, will test if ReClock makes a difference there.

Has anyone tried SVP in PP? Seems that project is somewhat competing for ressources with MadVR,
    from what I've read MadVR seems to be the better choice.

Still curious about PPs new option "don't get focus when started with a file",
    any enlightment much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Rocketboys View Post
    Where PotPlayer loading temp of playing video. Even if erase video file in folder it is still playing in PotPlayer (until closing)
    PP doesn't create a temp file. I guess it's not deleted until it stops locking it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    Has anyone tried SVP in PP? Seems that project is somewhat competing for ressources with MadVR,
    from what I've read MadVR seems to be the better choice.

Still curious about PPs new option "don't get focus when started with a file",
    any enlightment much appreciated
    They do very different things. SVP interpolates new frames from what's available. It works with pp and madVR, but my old PC didn't have the power to deal with it with reasonable quality on HD resolutions and sometimes I had artifacts.
    Plus I also had frequent crashes when I was seeking around in a video, particularly if I set SVP to enable quickly. Not sure if that's still an issue.
    The only feature it found to be in conflict with SVP in madVR is "smooth motion", you'll need to disable that.

It's what it says. If you open a file associated to PP it won't get focus and come to the front.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    They do very different things. SVP interpolates new frames from what's available. It works with pp and madVR, but my old PC didn't have the power to deal with it with reasonable quality on HD resolutions and sometimes I had artifacts.
    Plus I also had frequent crashes when I was seeking around in a video, particularly if I set SVP to enable quickly. Not sure if that's still an issue.
    The only feature it found to be in conflict with SVP in madVR is "smooth motion", you'll need to disable that.

It's what it says. If you open a file associated to PP it won't get focus and come to the front.
    Thats what I thought it should.. I tried again now, several times with unchecked "Remember playback position",
    it did work, only occasionaly though. But thats no prob, wont need it then, just wanted to know and question answered allright.

Enabling "smooth motion" in MadVR gives me serious playback issues, even without SVP. But AFAIK I wont need this option for my devices anyway, referring to the guide I found.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0

As for the issues you described using MadVR and SVP, I read in a thread about Mad / SVP at Doom9 someone recommended not
    to use them simultaneously at all, as the "magic tricks they try to do" tend to interfere/mess up each other. I think it was this one:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168713

But of course you might've experienced other, and I'll def. check out SVP then, with and without MadVR.

BTW you know whats the reason LAV hasn't been updated for months?
    Sry for OT, I'll register at Doom9 now as well for further LAV questions
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    Thats what I thought it should.. I tried again now, several times with unchecked "Remember playback position",
    it did work, only occasionaly though. But thats no prob, wont need it then, just wanted to know and question answered allright.

Enabling "smooth motion" in MadVR gives me serious playback issues, even without SVP. But AFAIK I wont need this option for my devices anyway, referring to the guide I found.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0

As for the issues you described using MadVR and SVP, I read in a thread about Mad / SVP at Doom9 someone recommended not
    to use them simultaneously at all, as the "magic tricks they try to do" tend to interfere/mess up each other. I think it was this one:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168713

But of course you might've experienced other, and I'll def. check out SVP then, with and without MadVR.

BTW you know whats the reason LAV hasn't been updated for months?
    Sry for OT, I'll register at Doom9 now as well for further LAV questions
    SVP and madVR do 99% different things. They only overlap on smooth motion.
    As for LAV I don't know. Probably nothing worth releasing or little time from the dev. It doesn't have frequent releases anyway. And while should it? It's feature complete.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    SVP and madVR do 99% different things. They only overlap on smooth motion.
    As for LAV I don't know. Probably nothing worth releasing or little time from the dev. It doesn't have frequent releases anyway. And while should it? It's feature complete.
    As for 99% different things, if true, that still doesnt mean necessarily they would not affect each other.
    LAV actually did have pretty constant ,frequent releases over last ~15 month, since then I updated ~each 2-5 weeks.
    Has been 2 months now for first time, I hope Hendrik just had a nice holiday and keeps it up, since he's very active in forum I think so.
    And agreed, its feature complete but status "complete" aint last too long at software development.
    Quote Quote  
  30. For DVD play, does Potplayer have an equivalent to VLC's very useful "Start directly in menu" setting? Thanks.
    Quote Quote