VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Anyone else having subtitle issues with the latest version (x64)? I hoped it would be fixed by now but my subtitles seem to create a cascading effect. I've double checked other players to make sure it wasn't my video but it isn't.

This also occurs on a clean install.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you reset the player in preferences? If then, try 32 bits version.
    Last edited by sheppaul; 25th Jun 2014 at 19:16.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a new Potplayer user and I have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. I've been using vlc media player for the last 5+
    years but because of issues I was having playing mkv files with it, I decided to try a new player. Potplayer can play mkv files perfectly but for some reason, when I play a file with ac3 audio, there is no sound. I'm wondering does Potplayer require an external codec for ac3 audio even though WMP 12 can handle ac3 without external codecs or is something wrong with my configuration? I messed around with the configuration for about 2 hours to try and get the ac3 audio to play with no luck.

I'm using the latest version of Potplayer and I have tried both the x86 and x64 version. My OS is Windows 7 x64. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need to install an additional decoder in the end of installation procedure.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by KLPath View Post
    I'm a new Potplayer user and I have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. I've been using vlc media player for the last 5+
    years but because of issues I was having playing mkv files with it, I decided to try a new player. Potplayer can play mkv files perfectly but for some reason, when I play a file with ac3 audio, there is no sound. I'm wondering does Potplayer require an external codec for ac3 audio even though WMP 12 can handle ac3 without external codecs or is something wrong with my configuration? I messed around with the configuration for about 2 hours to try and get the ac3 audio to play with no luck.

I'm using the latest version of Potplayer and I have tried both the x86 and x64 version. My OS is Windows 7 x64. Thanks.
    It should have internal decoders for that. Setting > filter control > audio decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    It should have internal decoders for that. Setting > filter control > audio decoder.
    The only option for ac3 decoder in my Potplayer is "system default". I guess sheppaul is right and I'll have to reinstall
    potplayer to see if I can get an ac3 decoder during installation. Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't system default mean your systems (PC) default? If so, I believe you'll need to load an AC3 codec on your 'system', if Portplayer doesn't install one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The default one seems to be a MFT decoder. KLPath, can you make a small sample to verify? Potplayer can use a system decoder but it is recommended to install additional codec. Don't worry to install it as it doesn't really inject something you don't know into your system. Launching a global version, GPL codec seems to be separated from a package. It does actually copy a file to potplayer's folder, nothing more.

http://www.peroro.net/2014/05/daum-potplayer-installation-guide.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. Alright, the problem is fixed. What happened was, the first time I installed Potplayer, I blocked it with my firewall so even though "Install additional codec" was checked, it couldn't get the codecs from the internet. I didn't realize at the time "install additional codec" meant "install additional codec from the internet". I thought it was just going to install additional codecs from the installer but that is not the case. Once I reinstalled Potplayer and allowed it through my firewall, I was able to install "open codec files" which included the ac3 decoder. Now my Potplayer says "built-in decoder" beside ac3 instead of "system default". Thanks again for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. hi guys im having a problem with pot player .

when i paly HD Movie cpu usage is very high

but in the previous versions there was no problem .

since this version( PotPlayer1.6.47450) i have this problem . the cpu usage is very high when i play HD Movies

could you help me out ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Check if the previous version is still working with very low cpu usage.
    If you have no problem with a previous version, follow the steps.

Install the latest version: http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Beta/PotPlayerSetup.exe

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-25_20-09-14.png
Views:	3158
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	25919

Name:	2014-06-25_20-09-30.png
Views:	2499
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	25920

If you still have a problem, i think you need to report it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thank you so so so so much brother . it worked .
    i installed the latest version and did what you sail and it workd . and now the cpu usage is very low thank you so much .

i just have one question .

before i change anything when i play a video file in playback info it shows this :

http://upcity.ir/images2/48709000581709151482.png

then when i change DXVA Setting and play a video file it shows this :

http://upcity.ir/images2/34197514788502978828.png

video decoder is different

i just wanna know if this change can effect the quality of the video file i play?

again thank you so much for your help .....
    Quote Quote  
  13. i just wanna know if this change can effect the quality of the video file i play?
    Generally it won't...

By the way, your installation procedure seems not complete.
    AAC decoder should be like the following screenshot.

Name:	2014-06-25_21-16-33.png
Views:	2587
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	25921

You need to install an additional decoder in the end of the installation procedure.
    If not, you'll have a trouble with some video.
    Quote Quote  
  14. yeah, i forgot to do that . sorry .....
    thank you so much for your help bro .
    Quote Quote  
  15. when add romanian language ?PLEASE!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by oyo View Post
    when add romanian language ?PLEASE!
    Someone should translate it: You can find a reference file here: "c:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer\Language\English.ini"
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm normally using a 1.5.x version from december 2013 and I just tried the newest release and beta versions - both have the same problem - they take like 10seconds to start the program.
    Anyone else having that problem or knows how to fix it? It's completely unusable.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    I'm normally using a 1.5.x version from december 2013 and I just tried the newest release and beta versions - both have the same problem - they take like 10seconds to start the program.
    Anyone else having that problem or knows how to fix it? It's completely unusable.
    Uninstall v1.5 and then install v1.6. PotPlayer 1.6 is the global version, available in English and not the translated one. Then go to Preferences->Click Initialize button on the bottom left to reset all settings.

Then see if you're having the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jackuars View Post

Uninstall v1.5 and then install v1.6. PotPlayer 1.6 is the global version, available in English and not the translated one. Then go to Preferences->Click Initialize button on the bottom left to reset all settings.

Then see if you're having the problem.
    Interesting. PotPlayer seemed to have big problems with just overwriting the old files. Now after uninstalling and reinstalling everything works fine.
    Well, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Any news on an official english forum?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have version 1.6.48576, and i'm using it to play MPEG-2 TS Video (.ts). it's the only player that's worked so far but the video is slow and way behind the audio. Anyone know how to fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by iluviradio View Post
    I have version 1.6.48576, and i'm using it to play MPEG-2 TS Video (.ts). it's the only player that's worked so far but the video is slow and way behind the audio. Anyone know how to fix that?
    You didn't tell much of everything. What do you mean that it it's the only player that worked?
    If video is slow your computer might not be fast enough. Try enabling dxva, or installing and using LAV filters.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all, I think this is the place to come too for help. I've been installing other s/w on my PC (like Wondershare) and now PotPlayer takes a few seconds to startup at the 'Please waiting..." screen.

I have de-installed all the other software, also de-installed and re-installed the latest x64 beta PotPlayer from http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Beta. And done an 'Initialize' from the Video Decoder preferences page. But still it takes 5 seconds before showing any kind of video.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm unaware of a please waiting screen... You mean starting playback? Try changing source/splitter and decoders. Maybe the files you started playing recently are problematic. Check with older files that worked fine.

Initialize is not in the video preferences, it's static on the settings window and resets the settings to default.
    Quote Quote  
  25. hi how can i change maximum button to full size ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by khafan11 View Post
    hi how can i change maximum button to full size ?
    What's a "maximum button"? Anyway you can only change gui elements of potplayer by editing the skin config files and/or bitmaps.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    I'm normally using a 1.5.x version from december 2013 and I just tried the newest release and beta versions - both have the same problem - they take like 10seconds to start the program.
    It worked for some days, now after a PC restart I have the same problem again. I uninstalled the 1.6 and reset all settings then installed the newest beta and it takes like 10s to load.
    Nobody an idea why this might happen? It's so frustrating :/
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by khafan11 View Post
    What's a "maximum button"? Anyway you can only change gui elements of potplayer by editing the skin config files and/or bitmaps.
    how can i change this ? i want when i click apply fullscreen , like push Enter on keyboard

default and BlackSpace_en Skin

Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    It worked for some days, now after a PC restart I have the same problem again. I uninstalled the 1.6 and reset all settings then installed the newest beta and it takes like 10s to load.
    Nobody an idea why this might happen? It's so frustrating :/
    How would we. You did what you did, figure out which was wrong. The player starts just fine for others.
    If you have some sort of antivirus/firewall disable it. If you enabled "store settings to .ini file" disable it. (Try undoing other things you did)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by khafan11 View Post
    how can i change this ? i want when i click apply fullscreen , like push Enter on keyboard
    Change CMD_MAX_WINDOW to CMD_FULL_WINDOW in videoskin.xml

Or better yet, just change the "Left Button - Double Click" shortcut to "FullScreen/Restore". (Prefs [F5], General, Mouse)
    Quote Quote