Hi everyone! I have an mkv file which I didn't rip personally (I'm a complete ignorant in terms of Blu-Ray ripping), so I don't know any of the parameters used during ripping. This file (and only this, I played a thousands mkvs ripped from my BDs and never had such a problem) is extremely slow in terms of skipping/loading. That means if I want to go at a certain point of it, it takes an eternity to accomplish that. Also, the waiting time seems to be proportional by the entity of the skipping I want to do, like if it has a low but precise skip speed, almost like if in order to go from point A to point B it has to play everything that's between those two points.
Can you tell me some diagnosis I can make to tell you more details and help you identify the problem? Or some usual cause of this issue?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
The Dude minds.
Oh, you're right. I've used mediainfo about a million times and still I didn't think about that. Here are some lines that could matter in my opinion.
Writing application: mkvmerge v3.4.0 ('Rapunzel') built on May 15 2010 09:38:20 Mkv Writing library: libebml v0.8.0 + libmatroska v0.9.0 Video Writing library: x264 core 105 r1724 b02df7b
cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=9563 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=17500 / vbv_bufsize=14000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / nal_hrd=none
Oh, I also tried remuxing it with the latest mkvmerge and it left things the same way...The Dude minds.
Try remuxing it without the audio to see what happens. You never know.....
If seeking is fine without the audio you might need to re-encode the audio stream and remux the re-encoded version with the video as a new MKV.