VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Error Message from program. Can you please help me here?

Version: SVCD2DVD 2.5
    Build: 2.5.5030.0

Type: System.NullReferenceException
    Source: SVCD2DVD
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

InnerException:
    StackTrace: at x3284ccece41ee22b.xd3764d4f1e921081.xf81783e1b359f fc3()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    Quote Quote  
  2. Same as last time you posted this error...can you attach the associated log file?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are the log files created one after the other. Hope it helps you with this error.

Bob
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. The logs say the project finished successfully. Is that not the case?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jikchung,

Thank you for the response. In the two logs you requested, the project did finish successfully BUT for each of them, there was an error message. Unfortunately, I did not save the error message for the first project. With the last project, I copied the error message, which is shown in my original post. I guess I will repeat the project today and save the project, the logs and any error messages and post the results today or tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Might be a DEP problem. Try making an exception for SVCD2DVD (if you trust it enough to write to protected memory).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-vista/change-data-execution-prevention-settings

I have the same problem with DVDShrink. Result: stopped using it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, here is my report doing the same project today.
    1- Used the same saved project file to make today's files.
    2- Project completed but there was an error message too (see attached).
    3- When I closed the error message, SVCD2DVD program crashed. I could not save the crash information.
    4- I attached the log file for today's project too.

Home this gives you enough information to tell me what to do to solve the crash. PS: I am not that great in the technical aspects of the computer so simple solutions would be helpful.

PS: I have been using the same DVD Shrink for several years. No problems until recently with SVCD2DVD.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/349710-SVCD2DVD-suddenly-started-crashing

Similar thread, unresolved. The stack trace x3284ccece41ee22b.xd3764d4f1e921081 is the same.
    The error message from the previous thread relates to damaged or protected memory (Windows wont let the program perform a write so the write fails...program crashes). Just saying it might be DEP. Worth a shot.

And run a memory test program. Check that too.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 28th Feb 2013 at 13:52.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If it finishes successfully I really don't have anything to add.
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote