VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there people.

I put a DVD inside the PC and opened up DVD Decrypter making sure to press 'I' on the keyboard.

After extracting the files from the DVD the sound was out of sync on the result.

Then i just manually went into the DVD (Explore) then copied the VIDEO_TS folder.

Now sound is in sync.

What would be the need to use DVD decrypter other than just copying it manually?

Is there something it does to enhance it?

Thanks people.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the DVD is CSS encrypted, which accounts for 99 percent of all commercial DVDs, copying the VIDEO_TS folder will be worthless.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not enough details.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter decrypts dvds. I hadn't any sync issues when I used it 7 years ago....

Is this a commercial dvd?
    How do you test play the video_ts folder?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

No this is a personal made DVD on knife sharpening.

What i do to test play it is to open VLC and click and drag the VIDEO_TS folder to VLC and it plays.

So if an actual commercial DVD is CSS encrypted does that then stop me manually copying the VIDEO_TS folder?

Are you able to please provide me with the DVD Decrypter settings i'd need for this DVD?

The VIDEO_TS folder did copy over manually ok with no problems so would that mean its not CSS encrypted?

Though i did notice sound sync issues on certain bits so it could very well be a bad recording.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by SE14man View Post
    So if an actual commercial DVD is CSS encrypted does that then stop me manually copying the VIDEO_TS folder?
    No. But the files will be encrypted and you won't be able to do anything with them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [/QUOTE]No. But the files will be encrypted and you won't be able to do anything with them.[/QUOTE]

Would that even stop me being able to play them too?
    Quote Quote  
  8. No. But the files will be encrypted and you won't be able to do anything with them.[/QUOTE]

Would that even stop me being able to play them too?[/QUOTE]
    Yes. The picture will be all garbled.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Only commercial DVDs are CSS encrypted. If you make one of your own from your own source files then you wont encounter it.
    Which software package are you using to create the DVD folders?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Actually i just made a folder on F: called VIDEO_TS and copied the content from VIDEO_TS on the DVD into the newly created VIDEO_TS folder.

All seem to play ok.

But just out of interest.... i know DVD Decrypter is a bit out of date now isn't it?
    So what do you guys like to use to get files from commercial DVDs to your hard drive?

I ask this because i do sometimes rip commercial DVDs and was wondering if theres anything better than DVD Decrypter?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Try DVDFab Decrypter, (not to be confused with what you have) or DVDFab Passkey.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey
    ok thanks ill give those a go!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey
    ok thanks ill give those a go!

Sorry about that. Didnt mean to send twice!
    Quote Quote