VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everbody. I am looking at getting a blu ray writer but i have no idea which to get! Any help choosing one would be appreciated. If i could be pointed in the direction of good software for burning standard blu rays and 3D films that would also help. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The best burning software for anything is ImgBurn, but you can't just "burn something to a Blu Ray disc" and have it end up as a playable disc. If you are not familiar with what it takes to create a DVD that is playable on anyone's DVD player....you'd better be thinking twice before you start making very expensive coasters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey thanks for the quick reply! I have burned DVDs before using convertXtoDVD, I assume this is similar? Once I have a writer I will take a look at ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by matty8787 View Post
    I have a Pioneer BDR-208M, which is similar, but can read and write to DVD-RAM and additional BD formats. I just installed it in December, and have so far been pleased with its ability to burn BD-R media. I have also used it to play a few movies on BD-ROM and it worked fine. I have not tried it for ripping. I'm not interested in copying the few purchased movies that I own.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    The Pioneer blu ray drives are some of the best available now. I have the 207MBK and it is fine for both burning and ripping. It is still important to choose good media however, when burning to blu ray. Since you are in the UK, I don't know if you will be able to purchase the ones made by Falcon/FTI, but they are excellent quality. Other, more commonly available ones to consider are the HTL Verbatim and Panasonic discs.

If you are copying commercially made movies, you should do some research on how to use DVDFab, AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV as decryption programs. And for compression, look at BD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    The Pioneer blu ray drives are some of the best available now.
    I completely agree with this.

I have one Pioneer and one LG BluRay burner. The Pioneer is much better. Only the Pioneer will burn my BD-R LTH discs and those discs are useful to me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Cheers guys. I will opt for the pioneer drive I reckon. Thanks for the advice kerry I will look up the software.
    Quote Quote