VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How i can transform the 25fps file into the 23.976 ONLY WITH MKVTOOLNIX and the delay option that has so i don't loose any quality of the movie.

In little words how many milliseconds(ms) i must put to the mkvtoolnix and at the 25fps ac3 file so it would synchronized with the 23.976fps movie.

A lot of thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. A delay does you no good, the audio has to actually be slowed down.

Here's one old thread on the topic, there are more:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/312812-25fps-source-Ac3-to-23-976fps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    The mkvtoolnix can slowdown if i put at the field delay(ms) : - and the time at milisecond it need so....

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your audio syncs with the movie at 25 fps, then put the movie's frame rate as 25 fps in MKVMergeGUI.

If you want the movie to play back at 23.976 fps, then you'll have to re-encode the audio to slow it down.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The option in your screenshot does not change the speed of the video. It sets a delay relative to the video. If you specify 100ms, then (assuming the audio and video would normally match up) the audio will be 100ms out from start to finish.

The "stretch by" field would potentially be the one you want, but most audio doesn't stretch too well.... it'll play back with glitches. The best bet is to either re-encode the audio and change the speed in the process (some programs refer to it as PAL speedup or slowdown etc) but a better option might be to change the frame rate of the video and leave the audio alone (you'd need to change the 23.976 version to 25fps). Then if they don't start together, you can adjust the audio delay. Even that mightn't work though.... there's no guarantee the two versions of the video have been edited in exactly the same way.

To convert the audio while adjusting it's speed, try this: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_audio/eac3to_conversion_utility.cfm
    It's just a GUI though, you'll also need to install eac3to and tell the EAC3to Conversion Utility where to find it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    But i DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THE video speed but the ac3 25fps speed into 23.976fps ONLY the audio that is 25fps so this can me donw by mkvtoolnix but i don't want wich is the correcr ms number to put it at mkvtoolnix and at the delay field for that audio and NOTHING else...

For the program "EAC3toGUI_v200zip" what is the choise i must make to convert the 25fps ac3 into 23.976fps?

The audio option2 -> pal pulldown?
    Last edited by fits79; 17th Feb 2013 at 22:26.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    But i DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THE video speed but the ac3 25fps speed into 23.976fps ONLY the audio that is 25fps so this can me donw by mkvtoolnix but i don't want wich is the correcr ms number to put it at mkvtoolnix and at the delay field for that audio and NOTHING else...
    You can put any ms number you like in the delay field but it won't speed the audio up or slow it down no matter how many times you suggest it will.

Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    For the program "EAC3toGUI_v200zip" what is the choise i must make to convert the 25fps ac3 into 23.976fps?

The audio option2 -> pal pulldown?
    I referred to it as PAL Speedup or PAL Slowdown in my last post, so I'll probably go with that for this post too. In your case you'd use the PAL slowdown option.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I try that but the mkvtoolnix CAN slowdown or speedup any audio of any mkv file i was try it and workinf pefrectly but i don't want wich is the ms i must enter to make one 25fps audio into 23.976fps
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    The option in your screenshot does not change the speed of the video. It sets a delay relative to the video. If you specify 100ms, then (assuming the audio and video would normally match up) the audio will be 100ms out from start to finish.

The "stretch by" field would potentially be the one you want, but most audio doesn't stretch too well.... it'll play back with glitches. The best bet is to either re-encode the audio and change the speed in the process (some programs refer to it as PAL speedup or slowdown etc) but a better option might be to change the frame rate of the video and leave the audio alone (you'd need to change the 23.976 version to 25fps). Then if they don't start together, you can adjust the audio delay. Even that mightn't work though.... there's no guarantee the two versions of the video have been edited in exactly the same way.

To convert the audio while adjusting it's speed, try this: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_audio/eac3to_conversion_utility.cfm
    It's just a GUI though, you'll also need to install eac3to and tell the EAC3to Conversion Utility where to find it.
    A LOT OF THANKS MY FRIEND THE PROGRAM EAC3toGUI IT do the job like a jarm.

I simply make 25fps into 23.976 and then add that ac3 audio into mkv file and it was PERFECT....

This tool works only with ac3 sound or it would work even with dts, dts-hd, true-hd without change the type or the quality of the sound ONLY THE FPS.

If not is there any that kind tool that work wit ALL sounds?

A LOT OF THANKS FOR ALL MY FRIEND.
    Quote Quote  
  10. No, MKVMergeGUI does not slow down or speed up audio by specifying an audio delay. It's just a delay. The audio still plays at exactly the same speed, only it starts at a different point in time relative to the video.

MKVMergeGUI's "stretch" function will change the speed of the audio but it tends to cause glitches in the sound on playback.

You really can't change the speed of the audio without re-encoding it. It doesn't matter whether it's AC3 or DTS or MP3, it's got to be re-encoded, even if the original audio is AC3 and the output is AC3 it's still re-encoded, not simply "stretched". You can re-encode it using any output type you like, as long as the program you're using can output the desired format. MeGUI's audio encoding section will convert to AAC, AC3, Flac, MP3, MP2, Vorbis and Opus, and when setting up the relevant encoder you can select a speedup/slowdown option under the "sample rate" dropdown box. As well as having presets to change between 23.976fps and 25fps, it has presets to change between 24fps and 25fps.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    The result count.

I don't mint if the program only delay the sound or scretched the only thing it really matters is the result and do the work that it is syncronized with movie so....
    Quote Quote