VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What type of video card do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a nvidia 660 ti sc 3 gb which i use for games.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ATI ALL IN WONDER HD PCI-E MODEL. HDMI out for bluray. Though I have a bluray rom drive I don't really use it for watching blurays - I use my ps3 for that.

My computer is a four or five year old dual core desktop with only 2gb ram (thats system ram not video card ram - that is only 256 or maybe 512 tops) and has long since been obsolete for gaming. Thats why I use a ps3 or my 360 for gaming.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have an ATI TV Wonder for occasional standard def. video recording. Mostly use either a Mitsubishi VCR or Magnavox HDD/DVD for time shifting.
    Had an ATI All in Wonder but it died.
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Crossfire ATI 6850. Gamer default.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have AMD 785G on-board video. It is good enough for basic computer tasks and watching Blu-Ray discs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. AMD Radion HD 5450. I do some light gaming on it, but I think video playback, which I do much more often, is more demanding (since most of my games are old, and I use MADvr for video).
    Quote Quote  
  7. old 2009 GTX 260.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ATI Radeon HD 4290 on-board my motherboard. It works great for HD viewing including BD and MKV playback. Outputs HDMI and VGA. I don't game.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Still running an ATI Radeon HD 5870. Will likely be upgrading to an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or 680 in the near future. Mostly used for gaming but the system gets a lot of all-around use.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Intel HD 3000 (i5 2500K) on one computer. Geforce GTX 460 on another. AMD 880G (Radeon 4250) on an HTPC. I don't remember what's in the others but they're all older.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Steve(MS) View Post
    old 2009 GTX 260.
    I had that video card 3 years ago,was good then and is still good enough for most games today.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm...
    I chose
    I have a gaming video card
    But an option for both that and
    I use a video card for video encoding
    Would be good also.

I actually have 2 video cards in my main system, 2 EVGA SuperClocked GTX 560 (Fermi), 1gb each for a total of 2gb.

The main reason was for gaming, but they do a good job of helping to speed up video encoding.

My main system is a little over a year old, and I know they have advanced a lot of components including video cards in that time, but my system still rocks with video encoding and the latest games!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Hmmm...
    I chose
    I have a gaming video card
    But an option for both that and
    I use a video card for video encoding
    Would be good also.

I actually have 2 video cards in my main system, 2 EVGA SuperClocked GTX 560 (Fermi), 1gb each for a total of 2gb.

The main reason was for gaming, but they do a good job of helping to speed up video encoding.

My main system is a little over a year old, and I know they have advanced a lot of components including video cards in that time, but my system still rocks with video encoding and the latest games!!
    I did set the poll to have multiple choice to vote so you could have chosen both.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No idea......it came with the computer. NVidia something or other.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Radeon HD 7670M. Pretty good for my needs.
    Quote Quote