VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys! I would made a new pc, only for Bd rebuilder.. No gaming
    I would buy a 3770k and overclock it to 4,5ghz..the Cpu work fine? what time for Shrink BD50 in BD25 in high Quality?
    and What silence power supply and Cooling sytem do you choose?

Cpu: i7 3770k
    Mb: Asrock z77 Extreme4
    Ram: G.Skill 2133

thx for help..;D (sorry for English haha)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't keep up with Intel chips, but to help you a little, and your post does deserve some kind of response, I have a PC I built with an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T 6 core CPU. It takes about 2-3 hours on average to shrink a dual layer BD rip to single layer size if keeping all extras. It can take less time if you only keep the movie or the rip is not very much bigger than single layer size. Best case for a shrink that I've seen is about 45 minutes on my system.

I used the stock cooler because AMD's warranty is void if you use a 3rd party cooler. I put a large power supply of around 700-750W (I don't remember which) in my PC.

I don't know anything about your motherboard as I prefer to use Gigabyte over all other models. Do note that 32 bit versions of Windows can't use above 4 GB of RAM, but 64 bit versions can. And I don't recommend that you use Win 8 as I really dislike it. Win 7 is fine if you can get it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Save some money and buy an Intel i5, it will easily overclock to 4.5ghz on a DECENT air cooler, the stock air cooler will just manage to keep it cool at default speeds. I use a Dark Rock Pro 2 cooler and its running quite happily as I type this running at 4.5ghz encoding a DVD using HCenc at 160FPS. But BD-RB uses x264 so the quality is very very high but also very slow. Slow speed high quality

Buy an Intel i7-2600k. There is not THAT much between the 2600k and 3770k apart from cost

Mine is running an Asus P8P67 Pro with intel i5 2500k at 4.5ghz with 16GB DDR-3 extreme RAM so its no slouch, but I also have a NVidia Geforce 460 1GB for the odd game and also use PhotoShop and would like to upgrade to the maximum 32GB the motherboard can handle so I can set then up a 16GB RAMDisk

But if you intend to squeeze every last bit of speed for video processing, go for the Intel i7, I can't test it but its claimed to quite easily run at 5ghz on air. Any faster and you need to look at water cooling, but you NEED to buy a DECENT air cooler which are not cheap but cheaper than water cooling
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Save some money and buy an Intel i5, it will easily overclock to 4.5ghz on a DECENT air cooler, the stock air cooler will just manage to keep it cool at default speeds. I use a Dark Rock Pro 2 cooler and its running quite happily as I type this running at 4.5ghz encoding a DVD using HCenc at 160FPS. But BD-RB uses x264 so the quality is very very high but also very slow. Slow speed high quality

Buy an Intel i7-2600k. There is not THAT much between the 2600k and 3770k apart from cost

Mine is running an Asus P8P67 Pro with intel i5 2500k at 4.5ghz with 16GB DDR-3 extreme RAM so its no slouch, but I also have a NVidia Geforce 460 1GB for the odd game and also use PhotoShop and would like to upgrade to the maximum 32GB the motherboard can handle so I can set then up a 16GB RAMDisk

But if you intend to squeeze every last bit of speed for video processing, go for the Intel i7, I can't test it but its claimed to quite easily run at 5ghz on air. Any faster and you need to look at water cooling, but you NEED to buy a DECENT air cooler which are not cheap but cheaper than water cooling
    Ok! The 2600k is very good.. power supply!?? Watt!? Do u choose!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That depends on how many hard drives, processor and memory and GFX card mainly

I've just bought another power supply as mine gave up on Monday, it was a good quality branded 750w and less than 2 years old but now I have an XFX 850w. Both are not cheap, but the power supply checked out as working with a multimeter and all voltages were perfect but when connected to motherboard was dead as far as turning it on, connected an old power supply I had and no issues in powering the motherboard

A good branded 650w power supply should be more than enough if you only have 2-3 hard drives and a minimal GFX card. You can buy PSU very very cheap but thats exactly what they are and won't last long. Buy a good name thats rated at least 80% guaranteed, especially if you intend to leave it on for long periods
    Quote Quote