VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, this is my first post on this board and it's looking great and the people here are so friendly. The tutorials are amazing! But anyway onto my problem: I can never play my burned VCDs on my DVD player! I have two DVD players of the same model (sony DVP-S330) and neither will play. It spins for 5 seconds then stops and displays 'NO DISC.'

I've tried two software titles and neither works: Easy CD Creator Platinum 5 (the Video CD function) and VCDEasy. I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Could the problem possibly be my discs? They're pretty shitty. They're made by PNY Technologies, they say "80 min./700 MB," 16x speed. They're blueback and I bought a spindle of 100 (it was a steal, just $20) They work just fine for software and music. I've never tried any other kind of disc, could this work?

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please help out with this, I'm a total newb :(
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi,

Your palyer Does not support CD-R Palyback. You have to use CD-RW in order to play it in the player. Any have have you tested any CD-R audio cd on the dvd player. i belive it will not play . Check that out if it plays the CD-R audio then it is some thing the way you burn it or so
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. i have a dvp s-350, and the unics cd brands that works are vivastar and precision, the rest did not work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have the same problem. I'm using VCDEasy to burn and neither of my Sony DVP S330 nor Sony DAV-S300 will play (both play purchased VCDs). However, my laptop's DVD player plays burned VCDs, so at least I know the burning was successful. I've read the Vivastar CD-R works on Sony DAV-300, but I can't find any retailer here in the US. Not even was I able to make a purchase on Vivastar's website. Sony players have good quality but they are just not very compatible with the rest of the world!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TigerDirect.com had vivastar cd-r/rw.
    Quote Quote