VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've had the 636 for a number of years now and it has always worked flawlessly for me. I recently got a new computer that has Win 7 64bit as the OS along with the Adaptec 29320LPE SCSI card to connect the scanner to. I can't seem to find a driver or application that will allow me to use the 636 on this new computer. When the computer boots, it does see the SCSI card and the scanner. I couldn't find anything on the Epson site that gave me the impression this was still supported.
    Hoping someone will have some ideas on what I can do. Thx, Bob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    without epson support it's not going to work. i had to get rid of a nice hp scanner years ago when i moved on to win7. they gave up on that model with win2000. if there had been a vista driver it might have worked.

edit - there is a post that says you might be able to get it to work over usb by calling it a epson 2400 when the driver is installed.
    Last edited by aedipuss; 11th Feb 2013 at 14:46.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Aedipuss, Thanks for taking the time to respond... I sure hope for my sake that you are wrong! Everything appears to be in order, when I go to Device Manager, it shows the scanner installed and working correctly although it doesn't actually list a driver. The SCSI controller under Device Manager also shows up fine and working. I just can't get any application to find the scanner... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone out there knows a way around this...

Bob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try installing the driver for the epson 2400. go to devices and update driver and see if the 2400 is in the scanner list.

or

1. Download the Windows 7 Epson Scan driver for the Perfection 2400 from the
    epson site

2. Allow the drivers to unzip, but cancel the install. You should have an EPSON directory created.

3. In Notepad File->Open and browse for the es27.inf files in the EPSON directory as well as subdirs

4. On line 51, 54, and 57 replace PID_011B with PID_0101

5. Save the files.

6. Run Setup.exe from the Epson directory and select the 2400. Say ok to the window that pops up and it should start installing the drivers.

7. Connect and turn on the scanner.

8. You're done!

In Photoshop you should then be able to import using WIA-Epson Perfection 2400
    (importing with Epson Perfection 2400 causes Photoshop to freeze

but here's the official epson stance.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-11_175906.png
Views:	395
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	16230
    --
    Quote Quote  
  5. Aedipuss, Thank you for passing along this info, if I can get this to work, I owe you some beers!

First try... I didn't find all the Es27.inf files in the subdirectories under the LIB directory, so I only ended up modifying the single file under the Epson12180 directory (the .cat file opened to jibberish, so I didn't do anything to it). Obviously this didn't work.

2nd try... Went back and found all the Es27.inf files, modified to your specs and also did the same to the Es27n.inf files as well. Resaved, reinstalled, rebooted and still got the same errors. Figured that maybe I should have uninstalled first before reinstalling...

3rd try... Uninstalled, confirmed the .inf's were still set to 0101 (including the Es27n.inf's), rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and still got the errors that will show up below... I'm running PS CS2 and also tried it on Corel Photo Paint with the same errors.

Did I screw up by modifying the Es27n.inf files?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Import2400Twain.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	16232  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    all i can say is it worked for some folks with the scanner hooked up via usb. maybe scsi needs a different driver?
    --
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, is there a similar application to CamScanner? It doesn't work on my computer https://techbigs.com/camscanner.html
    Last edited by LutherStephens; 10th Apr 2021 at 03:36.
    Quote Quote