VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by oyo View Post
    ... please help me how i make a dvd with many mp4 files ,thank you
    Just add them one by one to AVSToDVD. Because h264 is a more efficient codec than is MPEG-2, it's not unusual for the DVD equivalent to be larger. That 350MB size doesn't really mean much. Just put maybe up to 2 hours of MP4s into AVSToDVD and let it turn them into a DVD for you. There are guides near the bottom of the AVSToDVD page.
    Quote Quote  
  2. dvd flick let me add only 50 clips why ?
    i have 7,9 dvd disc !
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by oyo View Post
    dvd flick let me add only 50 clips why ?
    This isn't a DVDFlick thread. Maybe if you joined a bunch of them together first, before trying to make a DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. where it is dvdflick thread please
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok AVSToDVD burn more than 50 video files ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oyo View Post
    ok AVSToDVD burn more than 50 video files ?
    How many hours and minutes are these 50 source files ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there any way to adjust subtitle delay in AVStoDVD?
    Last edited by Evad3R; 3rd Mar 2020 at 06:26.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Evad3R View Post
    Is there any way to adjust subtitle delay?
    Fix the delay in a subtitle utility such as Subtitle Edit, then when it's correct,
    use that in AVStoDVD
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Evad3R View Post
    Is there any way to adjust subtitle delay?
    Fix the delay in a subtitle utility such as Subtitle Edit, then when it's correct,
    use that in AVStoDVD
    My bad. My question wasn't complete. Now I have edited it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have the problem that my subs are never added to my final project.

I start out with a mkv-file playing just fine in my VLC-player with subs and all...

When running the conversion project, the log always ends up doing this:

Code:
    START SUBS EXTRACTING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    MKVExtract Parameters: tracks "C:\Users\Acer\Desktop\xxx.mkv" 2:"C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Local\Temp\xxx.ass"
    <>

<05-12-2020 17:27:53>
    END SUBS EXTRACTING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Local\Temp\xxx.ass (486,3 KB)

Process aborted during Title 1 SUBS (Track 1) encoding operations.
    Subs (Track 1) removed from project at runtime.
    I have updated SubtitleCreator, checked ASP.NET 2.0-3.5 and added JRE, and still no way of evading that error.

I'm at my wits' end.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of AVStoDVD ? If it's not the latest (2.89) update to the latest.
    Post the whole log
    Quote Quote  
  12. I am using latest version

Log attached - thanks for looking at it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I expect something about the subtitle is causing the problem. Use Subtitle Workshop to manually convert .ass to .srt,
    and then use the srt in AVStoDVD
    Quote Quote  
  14. @Sonofirer, if you can, please upload the .ass subtitles file here or send them to me (avstodvd@gmail.com)

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks for al your help,

Extraction went fine, but the MKV seems a mess:

[Attachment 56127 - Click to enlarge]

The resulting file could not be opened with neither v6b nor v6e of Subtitle Workshop

[Attachment 56128 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 56129 - Click to enlarge]

I have also tried to attach the offending ASS-file, which oddly enough could be converted to SRT only through AVStoDVD. That SRT was full of errors, however, and when trying to use that instead of the internal ASS-track, AVStoDVD aborted with a whole new exception. Latest log attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. Couldn't attach the subtitle file - said invalid file - now trying again zipped - seems to go better.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. That ass file is really challenging... I have to update the AVStoDVD ASS to SRT conversion routine to handle it. Meanwhile, check if this SRT conversion is OK.

Bye
    Image Attached Files
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks for trying to help me out.

This SRT looked quite well, but I noticed a few omissions initially, and there were some errors, that I had autocorrected in SubtitleWorkshop.

Still, attempting to use the autocorrected SRT resulted in "excessive bitrate error abortion" (logs attached), which is an entirely other failure than my initial ones. When compiling the MKV-file as is, I seem to get a working disc with subtitles removed, but everytime I try to circumvent the subtitle, I get that bitrate thing instead.

This is hard stuff I have rarely felt dumber!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Great news: I used this online converter, who accepted my crap ASS:

https://lab.sorz.org/tools/asstosrt/

The resulting SRT-file did not omit the first few subtitles like the one MrC sent back, though SubtitleWorkshop detected and corrected about 50 errors .

After adding this SRT to AVStoDVD, another 7 errors were corrected, and afterwards - for the first time - I was finally able to compile a working as well as subtitled DVD-folder

Now, the Subtitles themselves look like crap (jagged white on jagged grey shadow), but it's a start, at least. No sync errors as far as I can see.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to use this for the first time and having weird problems. Wonder if anyone can help.

(1) When I ran it for first time it asks me default video, I set it for NTSC, but it seems to not remember that, because after exiting and coming back in it comes up again like I never set that & defaults to PAL every time (?)

(2) When I run it it keeps giving me some kind of error/warning about "skins" and asks to use defaults instead so I say OK. I have no idea what this is even about

(3) I set some defaults for paths but it ignores whatever I set & keeps going back to My Documents\my videos etc & I keep having to reset that every time for each path manually

(4) What does the choice for "Default Assets" even mean?

(5) At first I could not even get it to do anything after loading mkv to convert, selecting START PROJECT did nothing at all. I exited out and came back in and now I can get that to work though, at least in that it invokes ffmeg.exe and shows a window for that which keeps showing status lines for what looks like every frame it is processing, like one minute at a time - is this right?

(6) It is running now but has not created any output on the drive in the folder that I selected - is this right? Does it not start writing anything until it gets to a certain point??

I apologize in advance for my stupid questions as well as thank anyone in advance for taking their time to try to answer them
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More questions...

(7) Once it started running (which it is doing now) the program interface completely disappeared, and there is only the black DOS window with ffmpeg.exe. If I want to abort how do I do that? I am not sure I setup some things correctly and wanted to try again.

(8) How do you set chapter points for each title? I want it to be 5 minutes each but did not see a setting for that when I ran it....
    **forget this question, I see it did create a log file and in there it says chapters are 5 minutes**

I am extremely perplexed though as to why the program interface completely disappeared after I started a conversion. This makes no sense to me at all. Has it crashed???? The only thing running now is ffmpeg. Equally perplexing is that no files have been created as output, nowhere that I can find. Where the heck is it writing to?????? If it is going to my defined TEMP partition I fear that will not work since it is only about 2gb big.
    Last edited by slipkid; 16th Jan 2021 at 15:25.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
    More questions...

(7) Once it started running (which it is doing now) the program interface completely disappeared, and there is only the black DOS window with ffmpeg.exe. If I want to abort how do I do that? I am not sure I setup some things correctly and wanted to try again.

(8) How do you set chapter points for each title? I want it to be 5 minutes each but did not see a setting for that when I ran it....
    **forget this question, I see it did create a log file and in there it says chapters are 5 minutes**

I am extremely perplexed though as to why the program interface completely disappeared after I started a conversion. This makes no sense to me at all. Has it crashed???? The only thing running now is ffmpeg. Equally perplexing is that no files have been created as output, nowhere that I can find. Where the heck is it writing to?????? If it is going to my defined TEMP partition I fear that will not work since it is only about 2gb big.
    For AVStoDVD it is better to install the package with the installer rather than the portable version of this program.
    All the folders it uses are in Preferences/paths.
    Start the program fresh, open the preferences and make changes as necessary.
    The important items are the paths and on the video tab - PAL/NTSC
    make your changes and check the box on the lower left "save preferences" and OK out.
    Now add you source and rebuild your project.

The paths for "DVD assets" and "DVD output" are going to use minimum, 5GB each (so if it's on the same drive you need at least 10GB free)

AVStoDVD uses a bunch of sub-programs; when they're active it hides the main Window. If you want to stop FFmpeg,
    use the Windows task manager
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    More questions...

For AVStoDVD it is better to install the package with the installer rather than the portable version of this program.
    All the folders it uses are in Preferences/paths.
    Start the program fresh, open the preferences and make changes as necessary.
    The important items are the paths and on the video tab - PAL/NTSC
    make your changes and check the box on the lower left "save preferences" and OK out.
    Now add you source and rebuild your project.

The paths for "DVD assets" and "DVD output" are going to use minimum, 5GB each (so if it's on the same drive you need at least 10GB free)

AVStoDVD uses a bunch of sub-programs; when they're active it hides the main Window. If you want to stop FFmpeg,
    use the Windows task manager
    Thanks..

Couple things.

I downloaded and installed the "regular" version of the program called "Installer" from the website. Not called portable (?).

I figured out that the temp files used to build the DVD went to the drive & path I setup for DVDassets. Did not use my TEMP partition thankfully which would have been too small!

The file that I was converting just finished. Afterwards the program interface reappeared out of nowhere. Something also to mention very perplexing is that the program interface window is cutoff at the bottom of my screen. Does not matter if I resize the window or maximize it (and if I maximize it it gives a runtime error message then maximizes). So I cannot see the bottom of the screen no matter what I do, which I believe is supposed to have stuff like a START button. I was only able to start the conversion by choosing START PROJECT from the File Menu (weird). This confused the heck out of me at first when I ran this, as I had to figure out how the heck to even get it to start converting (and then the first time I did it no matter how many times I selected File Start Project nothing happened at all, I only was able to get that to kick off by exiting, coming back in, then trying again.

I just burned my converted file to DVD. It is only one title, but playing it there is no menu. Although a minor point I would have liked it to have a menu. The "menu wizard" choice under DVD MENU does nothing, click on it nothing happens. Have no idea what is going on there.

I have used DVDFLICK (and convertxdvd) for years for this kind of stuff but am trying AVStoDVD because files I am trying to convert now are 60fps and DVDFLICK & CxD (the version I have) just don't work right with that. The good news is that AVStoDVD DOES WORK on that!!! So there is a huge positive. I just wish it didn't have all these weird quirks that I don't understand why it is acting like this.

I just tried closing/opening it again to check some things. Am wondering if this startup message might reveal clues as to why it is acting so flakey.

When starting it up it immediately presents a message that says:

"Warning! Problems found during Skins Icons loading! AVStoDVD will try to extract the ico files. Do you want to continue? YES/NO"

I click on YES then another warning pops up that says:

"Warning! Errors found during Skins Icons loading! Default AVStoDVD icon will be used! See help /faq/gui/q2.6 for more details. OK"

What is that about???

Then the same screen that I talked about earlier comes up, which is a "QUick Startup Tutorial" and like every other time despite me changing it everytime to NTSC it is set to PAL"...

The version I am using is 2.8.9 btw.

I wonder - and I can't recall for 100% - but when it installed the program the option for activex controls was greyed out. Is that part of the problem why this seems so buggy????

P.S. Coming back in the paths have reset yet again (for the 3rd or 4th goddam time) to MyDocuments, ignoring what I keep setting it to use. And I even select the option for SAVE CURRENT PREFS AS DEFAULT but the program never remembers it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of Windows are you using and what is your screen resolution? Have you disabled User Account Control?

At this point I would uninstall the program, Lav filters and Avisynth
    and re-run the installer.
    During the install,
    Allow it to reinstall Lav filters and Avisynth.
    If it wants to install the activex, allow it to do so.

On the first run you see this window, just set you PAL/NTSC preference and then select OK at the bottom.
    Then these preferences get written to the HKCU part of the registry

When the main window is open reselect the preferences / paths adjust as necessary (as described earlier)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a2d.png
Views:	47
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	56813  

Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of Windows are you using and what is your screen resolution? Have you disabled User Account Control?

At this point I would uninstall the program, Lav filters and Avisynth
    and re-run the installer.
    During the install,
    Allow it to reinstall Lav filters and Avisynth.
    If it wants to install the activex, allow it to do so.

On the first run you see this window, just set you PAL/NTSC preference and then select OK at the bottom.
    Then these preferences get written to the HKCU part of the registry

When the main window is open reselect the preferences / paths adjust as necessary (as described earlier)
    Thank you sir, I will try uninstalling/reinstalling it.

This PC is old, uses XP. Maybe that is why AVS is acting so weird.

I realize now from your screenshot above, that that screen is also cutoff on the bottom on this PC, I cannot see it all.

Ugh. The program will not let me reinstall it. Keeps givng me error message during the install of
    "error opening file for writing
    d:\program files\avstodvd\avstodvd.exe
    click Abort to stop installation, retry to try again, or ignore to skip this file"

I will try a complete shutdown/reboot, maybe the uninstall left pieces behind at are locked opened or something...sigh...
    Last edited by slipkid; 16th Jan 2021 at 18:22.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I realize now from your screenshot above, that that screen is also cutoff on the bottom on this PC, I cannot see it all.
    What is your screen resolution ?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, this is different...

After reboot I went to the install directory and saw that the exe was still there so I deleted it manually.

I then did the install again but this time made sure to click on installing everything including activeX even though it was not selected.

Then after the install when it ran (or maybe it was during the install I 4get) a message came up that said this version of the program does not support this OS (XP). Sigh. This must explain some of the weirdness.

However starting up now, since I checked activeX (and there was another thing, 4get what it was called, think it started with an "L") the program seems to be behaving better, even if unsupported for XP. I still get the weird skin error messages above but the screen and some prompts are better, have ability to get into a menu thing & can start a conversion with a button instead of FIle/start project.

Is there an older version out there that supports XP yet still allows conversion from 60fps video files?

Heck, even with the odd behavior at least this version actually does let me convert 60fps which is why I need to use this in the first place. I can live with the bugginess....
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1366x768
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1366x768
    It's possible that's too low, although I don't know for sure. That initial screen should still fit,
    it's 620 pixels tall on my system (and I have a low res monitor myself)

Try version 2.85 https://www.videohelp.com/download/AVStoDVD_285_Install.exe
    All version of the program can handle non DVD-spec frame rates
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1366x768
    It's possible that's too low, although I don't know for sure. That initial screen should still fit,
    it's 620 pixels tall on my system (and I have a low res monitor myself)

Try version 2.85 https://www.videohelp.com/download/AVStoDVD_285_Install.exe
    All version of the program can handle non DVD-spec frame rates
    Thx for your help. I will give that one a shot too when I get more time. I still can't get any menu to work but that is a minor concern. The fact that I found something to run on XP that will convert 60fps was my immediate goal - so I can watch some hockey games
    Seems like most people are uploading sources now as 60fps instead of just a few months ago at 29.97 or whatever.
    Quote Quote