VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    also I have no idea how to set up lav filters settings,do you have a guide, the stuff I convert I play in standalone blu ray player not a pc which runs through a av receiver
    Last edited by tyson25; 31st May 2016 at 14:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tyson25 View Post
    also why is there no option on this software to not add bars to sides or no cropping on top and bottom and to leave source picture as it is.ie no cropping
    AVStoDVD has to follow the DVD standard to create playable DVDs. 16:9 and 4:3 are the only aspect ratio DVD allows. In addition, DVD video can also use only a limited number of resolutions, and choices are further restricted by aspect ratio and the TV standard. For example, using 16:9 aspect ratio only permits a choice between 704x480 or 720x480 for NTSC and 704x576 or 720x576 for PAL.

AVStoDVD assumes the source video has the correct proportions when viewed at its original aspect ratio, so when the user's selected DVD aspect ratio is different from that of the original video, it only allows cropping or padding (with black bars) because those methods preserve the correct proportions for objects in the video when it is displayed at the DVD-compatible aspect ratio selected by the user.

If you prefer no cropping or padding and don't care whether or not the objects in your video retain their original proportions, you can try changing the source video's display aspect ratio to match the DVD aspect ratio you want to use with "Edit Source Title Info".
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 31st May 2016 at 14:24.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The log that was included seems to show FFmpeg was used for the video source. Never seen "source mismatch" in HCenc when
    that was used. Did source mismatch occur here?

The movie being converted is aspect ratio 2.35 - so you would expect black bars at the top and bottom, not the sides.

Have you tried playing it back on the PC to see if the black bars are present?
    Quote Quote  
  4. @tyson

I would second the suggestion from Dave. The log says that ffdshow cannot process your mkv and AVStoDVD had to force ffmpegsource to frameserve the video stream.

To setup LAV Filters, you can use the tool within AVStoDVD to set the preferred codecs.

Ah, download the latest AVStoDVD release (2.8.4) and maybe use a smaller source file for testing.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    by setup lav filters I mean the settings as I have never had to set up anything like that before ,which is why I explained my set up in my previous post, as in past when I have used labv filters everything has been out of sync,so want to make sure I set the settings all correctly

in regards to the green thick line going down right side of screen it goes does the whole right side of screen including the black bars at top and bottom,yes it has been tried on pc and tv

and I have tried smaller sources even sources that never had that issue in previous releases ,so it is nothing to do with my files when that mismatch thing happens on sources that it had no problem with in older releases
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the problem with the green lines - a bad version of the colormatrix dll

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2416492&viewfull=1#post2416492

Either download AVStoDVD 2.84 or follow the instructions in the above post
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	capture2.PNG
Views:	223
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	37371I have installed avstodvd 2.84 numourous times and the end result is audio goes out of sync after encoding, as I do not know what the correct settings inside of lav filters is, which is why I have asked a few times does any one have a link to settings guide for lav filters so I can set up correctly

also on another not I have a few files that are in sync but when I load into avstodvd it is putting them out of sync by some many milliseconds. is there away before I start encoding I can adjust the sync through avstodvd before encoding so I don't end up with out of sync file after encodes-see attached image for this problem. image has nothing to do with other issue
    Last edited by tyson25; 12th Jun 2016 at 18:05.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I mentioned before, for a run that produces out of sync audio, provide the AVStoDVD log - then somebody maybe able to diagnose the problem
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mate all I want to know is how to set up lav filters settings correctly ,which is why I have been asking for a link to a settings guide to set up correct lav filters as I know that is the issue regarding that.as if I uninstall lav filters finished product is no longer out of sync, apart from the serperate issue below

also did you not read my other comment regarding the other issue,any version of avstodvd is putting certain files out of sync before encoding as you can see from the screenshot in post above ,which is getting put 18ms out of sync when loaded into avstodvd and file is not out os sync when not in avstodvd.,.is there a way I can adjust it back to being in sync before encoding.look at screenshot regarding this separate issue.
    Last edited by tyson25; 13th Jun 2016 at 07:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe the 18ms delay you see above is inherent to the file and should not be a problem.

You could always drag and drop the file on mediainfo to check. Use view/text

If you'd like to experiment with the delay, use Edit Title/Avisynth tab deselect "auto Avisynth script"
    Then access the "audio" button. There you can set a custom delay.
    Last edited by davexnet; 13th Jun 2016 at 21:13.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @davexnet for instance say the audio is 9ms delay before going inmto avisynth script, what would I put to get 0ms delay on it ? and after I adjust it ,how do I get avstodvd to say oms delay after editing it, as I am still getting the 9ms after trying to do what your saying,but unsure if doing it correctly.thank you in advance for your help on this issue
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try editing the script directly for example, where you see
    Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0.009) (or similar ) just comment it out by placing a # like so:
    #Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0.009)

I see that the script stacks the audio delay: In this example:

Video = Video.ColorMatrix(source=0,dest=2)
    Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,52,0,52)
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)
    #PullDown: using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0.009)
    Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0)

9 ms seconds was inherent to the file (from Mediainfo) while the 0 was added by using "Delay Audio" from the Avisynth tab.
    Not sure why they're stacked this way, perhaps somebody else can comment. Bottom line,
    you can comment the line(s) out to ensure no delay at all.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all, having problems with avstodvd again, getting this happen with quite a few files pretty much before the process starts, also it won't create a menu for these titles either, also I tried uninstall avstodvd and reinstall and having problems when reinstalling,comes up with error messges when installing avstodvd

here is a log for one file I am having the p[roblem I get with a lot of files all of a sudden

<8/29/2016 4:04:07 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: ISO UDF Image
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\blood\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 0
    FPS Hard Conversion: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    NTSC SlowDown: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video Encoder: 3
    Video BitRate Min: 3500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 448
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: E: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD0 LH00
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Execute with Elevated Privileges: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie Library: 1
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0.10586) 64 bit
    User has Admin Rights: YES
    Running with Elevated Privileges: NO (3)
    Available Output Disc Space: 134 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.6.0)
    LAV Filters is installed: YES (release 0.68.1)
    ffdshow is installed: NO

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    Xvid: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    DivX 4/5/6: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    Other MPG4: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    DV: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MPEG1: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MPEG2: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MP2: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    MP3: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    AAC: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    AC3: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\blood\Downloads\download2\~DG~\Info: AVC - 4840 kbps - 1280x536 - DAR 2.388 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 2:27:42 hours - 212474 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\blood\Downloads\download2~DG~\Info: DTS - 1509 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 24 bit - 2:27:42 hours (0 ms delay) - EN
    Subs 1: C:\Users\blood\Downloads\download2\~DG~\Info: SubRip (Info: SubRip (SRT) - EN
    Subs 3: C:\Users\blood\Downloads\download2\~DG~\
    Info: SubRip (SRT) - SDH - EN
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\blood\Downloads\download2\~DG~\CacheFolde r="C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=false, FrameRateNum=2997, FrameRateDen=125, FrameRate=23.976)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\blood\Downloads\download2\~DG~\CacheFolde r="C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,92,0,92)
    Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)
    #PullDown: using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

DIRECTSHOW AUDIO MIXER OPERATIONS:
    No LAV Filters mixer ON/OFF adjustment required at runtime
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3812.7 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1__1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_1_.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 3609
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 40
    *DC_PREC 8
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY NORMAL
    *DBPATH C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<8/29/2016 4:07:33 PM>
    Process aborted during Title 1 VIDEO encoding operations.

Error Message: Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected duration (02:27:42).

For Video issues troubleshooting see Help/FAQ/Video section.
    <>

Warning! AVStoDVD Project ended with errors.
    <>

Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.4
    Last edited by tyson25; 29th Aug 2016 at 16:59.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all you should disguise the movie file names when you post a log like this. NO need to announce to the forum you're using a
    pirated source.. I'm not being a fuddy duddy, I believe quite a few forum members do so, we just don't advertise it.

Secondly, one way to troubleshoot would be to copy all the script from he project/avisynth tab into Notepad and save as test.avs on your desktop.
    Then either drag and drop the avs file onto Virtualdub or right click it and select "Play'.

See if you get a better error message this way
    Last edited by davexnet; 29th Aug 2016 at 17:18.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do I drag and drop it as soon as I click on it virtualdub goes off screen ,so I can't drop it in there ?,this is all new to me

doing what you say and get a error message, avi filter import error (unknown) 80040154
    Last edited by tyson25; 29th Aug 2016 at 17:15.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do I drag and drop it as soon as I click on it virtualdub goes off screen ,so I can't drop it in there ?,this is all new to me

doing what you say and get a error message, avi filter import error (unknown) 80040154
    I'm not sure I iunderstand. Open Virtualdub so you get the app. on the screen. Use the mouse to drag the file you created,
    test.avs, into Virtualdub

EDIT - saw your update. Make sure you have avisynth installed, that the file is actually called test.avs and not test.avs.txt,
    and ensure that Virtualdub is the 32 bit version
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when I drag the test.avs intvirtualdub thing, nothing happens virtual dub stays the same and does nothing

and def using vdub32bit and file is called test.avs

if I right click play on the test.avs file and click virtualdub to open it, I get this box pop up in middle of screen
    avi filter import error (unknown) 80040154
    Last edited by tyson25; 29th Aug 2016 at 17:43.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when I drag the test.avs intvirtualdub thing, nothing happens virtual dub stays the same and does nothing

and def using vdub32bit and file is called test.avs
    Have you tried creating a simple one line script (call it test2.avs) like so:

directshowsource("your path\your_movie.mkv")

(obviously put the actual path and movie name) and drag this to Virtualdub. What now ?

If it still does not work, uninstall Avisynth and reinstall (version 2.60)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get this avi filter import error (unknown) 80040154
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Simplify and shorten the path and file names so that it doesn't contain any special characters or spaces
    and try the test with the script again.

If still no joy uninstall and reinstall Avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get some other error now, there must be something easier than this I can do, I have three files that the same thing are happening on, they all also will not create a dvd menu in avstodvd aswell as the other error
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To make sure that Avisynth is working you can create a one line file in Notepad which says
    version()

When it is saved as filename.avs onto the desktop and opened (or dragged) onto Virtualdub, this is
    what you should see:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avisynth_version.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	38350  

Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, yesi get that from what you just said to do, can I pm you the log and you create me the notepad file I need ,incase I am doing it wrong please
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you may
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pm sent.thanks
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sent you some troubleshooting ideas
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First thing, in Windows 10, make sure file extensions are visible. See this is order to set it properly.
    http://www.file-extensions.org/article/show-and-hide-file-extensions-in-windows-10

Here's something to try. Create another one line avs file as you did before in Notepad. It will reference the movie file you copied
    to the desktop. It should say -
    directshowsource("C:\Users\blood\Desktop\movie.mkv.mkv")

When you do this, save it to the desktop as before call it testds.avs, and drag open it in Virtualdub as you did earlier and make sure the movie
    appears and it can play

EDIT I installed avisynth and avstodvd in Windows 10 to see for myself some of the issues. There are some. To install
    Avisynth properly, you have to right click the install executable and choose "run as administrator". Without this,
    Avisynth is only partially operable. So give this a try.
    Last edited by davexnet; 29th Aug 2016 at 21:39.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi dave ,so did the file extensions thing, also all programs i install to my pc ,i always run as administrator, also created the testds.avs file andplayed it through vdub , file still will not create a dvd menu on avstodvd nor will it start encoding, comes up with same errors
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the testds.avs file played in virtualdub this seems to suggest that avisynth is installed properly. I think it's almost time uninstall and reinstall AVStoDVD itself
    to see if anything shakes out. Download version 2.84 installation package https://www.videohelp.com/download/AVStoDVD_284_Install.exe

There's one thing you could try first, open avstodvd fresh (no project loaded). Get into Preferences/avisynth tab and change video source filter from a2dsource to
    ffmpegsource. OK out. Now add the movie you copied and renamed from the desktop, setup your project and give it another try. Post the log again if it fails

Have you tried it with another movie in case there is anything wrong with the source file ?

if you want to use a smaller source for testing, before you start the operation, on the edit title/avisynth tab, you can deselect
    "auto avisynth script", select trim, trim start 0, trim end 3000 (for only 3000 frames)
    Quote Quote