VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys

I'm pretty new here but i have some experience with VHS capturing...
    Last i used my tools was probably 3 or 4 years ago... It was time to set up all stuff again but its seems i'll need to upgrade at least the capture card...

My old system was featuring -
    AverTV DVB-S PRO (a700) /S-video IN)
    WinDVR 3 - i was thinking it was the best capture program at the time, and its strange for me that did not see you to talk about it here.
    VCR - NOVA (dont know the model) its was doing a good job.

Okay now i have DAEWOO DV-F24D which i think its better then the NOVA.
    I'm still thinking to use WinDVR3 - if there is better solution i'll give a try!

And the major question is:
    The windows does not detecting the AVerMedia, same problem on the other computer. Both are Windows 7 which is may be part of the problem. It is PCI (not PCI-E), I tested on all slots and nothing... It seems i need to replace it. From what i read the best options out there are ATI AMD TV Wonder 650 PCI, Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 and Aver HD PVR. I cant find Ati 650 here in Europe. All offers i found on amazon and ebay are from Canada and USA. The other two options are PCI -E and i don't have free pci-e slots. So is there any alternatives of this cards?

Thanks for your time
    What should i do?
    Last edited by TheCage; 8th Feb 2013 at 04:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Avermedia is a great company and their capture products work very well(I have an old 2003 capture card that still works well). They have good support and your card seems to have support for Win 7 as mine does. Go download all the Win7 drivers from their website. I wouldn't use Windvr it's old and meant for Win xp. Do you just want to archive your VHS tapes and make DVDs out of them ? There are lots of progs out there for that. If the card is still operable in the end keep it and use it, like I said their products are good.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey its working. The Windows just didn't recognize anything on the PCI slot. I had to connect S-video with something and the card was detected. WInDVR3 is working too on Win7... its seems to be ok for now.

I used to play with some ULEAD stuff for capture, AsusDVCR but the best quality i got was with WinDVR.
    What are the options nowadays for Win7?
    Last edited by TheCage; 7th Feb 2013 at 12:44.
    Quote Quote  
  4. windvr isn't that bad (i've used it a lot in the past) but it deinterlace (bob) on the fly which is not optimal for vhs.
    There is an old software i still use that can produce mpegs with interlaced frames with windvr3's codec (intervideo) called fly2000 tv (not free/discontinued/cards support limited)

Since we're in 2k13 you'd have better success with Vlc vid capture feature imo
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well i couldn't get better quality with VLC then WinDVR. Fly2000 is older as WIndvr. I remember i had tested at the time but its seems never used again...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Program I suggested sucks so I deleted the link.
    Last edited by Wolfen; 10th Feb 2013 at 15:04.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Have a look for ChrisTv PVR (pro version for mpeg2 recording with windvr codec) it's a more recent software
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote