VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I started to rip my dvd's using DVD cloner then later I found DVDFab and started to use it since then. I ripped all of my dvd's to ISO and used the movie only option, then later I learned that if I converted the DVD to MKV I would reduce the size of the DVD. my problem is that I already converted all of the movies ripped by DVDFab to ISO with no issue, but the ones ripped with DVD Cloner does not show the correct length of the movie only 50 minutes out of 120, somehow DVD cloner fu&^ed the time of the movie even the players see the time wrong but play the movie to the end.

Does anybody knows if is even possible to fix or should I move on?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried shrink with something else. Like vidcoder?

Or else try extract the video_ts folder from the iso. Open the video_ts folder in your converter. If still wrong time then try fix the dvd/video_ts folder with fixvts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! The videocode worked, I tried your other suggestion but it didn't work. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i use handbrake to convert my iso to mkv
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Makemkv doesn't reencode/shrink the file, so I don't think that's what the OP is looking for. I've found that handbrake or vidcoder (same encoder, different interface) have the best balance between power and ease of use.

There are a lot of good encoders recommended here that require real skills. Video encoding is pretty complex, and you can't simplify it all that much. Digital video is too hardware dependent for that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'll bite..... in what way is video encoding hardware dependant?
    Quote Quote