VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Have Taken Video at night with my Sony DSC-H1 Video Camera Records in MPEG-1, and it appears fine on the LCD and when I hook it up to the TV with the A/V Adapter. Its Grainy and stuff but its viewable, but when I move the files to the computer and play them on the computer, with the newest codec packs, (CCCP) it all appears very dark and only the brightest light shows up. I got it to work once, and by changing the LAV video splitter RGB setting to "untouched" it worked once in Media Player Classic, I opened up windows Movie Maker and it never worked again. I tried uploading to Youtube and got same result, too dark.
    I edit it in Windows Movie Maker to make it brighter, and higher Contrast but it still don't account for what appears to be loss of pixels.
    I Tried playing it on my grandma's computer which has a ATI video card window 7, and it played fine, nice and bright with correct colors in windows movie player.
    Is their any way to fix this for my computer and for others who may have the same problem of I recorded a video but it shows up too dark when I play it on my computer?
    And No its not my OLD CRT monitor's problem because it worked Correctly once.

Only Helpful info I ever found was http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3080.0
    Which basically said it was doing the RGB and YCC colors wrong and how to fix it in sony Vegas which I don't have.

Window XP (up to date)
    P4 2.4ghz
    Geforce FX5600 XT 256mb (also have ATI Rage 8mb I think, and Geforce 2 MX400, Geforce FX5200 256mb I could install)
    2gb Ram
    1.5 TB total hdd space.

Any Help or link to proper Topic Would Be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i don't usually get involved in threads like this but since no one else has.... if it play ok on a computer without a codec pack and not on yours with a codec pack what do you think is the problem?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uh I believe a while back I installed CCCP on grandma's computer. Also has QuickTime installed.
    I also Tested a file i just ran though windows movie maker to resave it on my computer and it was darker than what my grandma's computer produced with no effects.

EDIT: Was able to fix video playback to a certain extent. Opened the Nvidia Conrol Pannel (Advanced) and chose "Adjust Video Color Settings" and "2. How do you make your color adjustments?" and choose "With the NVIDIA Settings" It Fixed video play back in Zoom Player v5 and a little in Media Player Classic, and just Video Playback in Windows Movie Maker, but when playing a file on the timeline its still dark as ever.

Here Some Screen Shots.
    How it Should Play Back, (Was brighter when played on TV though Camera Though)

How it plays back with loss of color in Media Player Classic HC 1.47

How Windows Movie Maker plays it back when file placed on time line, also other players before the settings where changed.

Also If so Could this Topic Be moved to Software Playing, Because it seams to be much more of that problem than conversion.
    Last edited by g6qwerty; 2nd Feb 2013 at 20:26. Reason: More info & avoding double post
    Quote Quote