VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have lots of MPEG2 files that I need to demux. Is there anyway I can batch demux them with TSMuxer or another program?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use batchdemux for mpg/vob files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Any idea how to get it working? I downloaded the following dependencies: mpgtx and bbdemux. What am I supposed to do with them?

Isn't bbdemux Mac only? I have Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need to download anything extra. Extract all files from batchdemux.zip. Run it. Select your folder/directory with the mpg files. Demux. Select an output folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The reason I asked was because when I open the batchdemux.exe file I get the following message: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx" or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I see. It works fine here...but I have probably installed comdlg32.ocx from some other software. You can google comdlg32.ocx how to manually install it.

I don't know any other simple frontend to demux mpgs. In tsmuxer must you load each mpg manually and then can choose demux.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hybrid should be able to do the job:
    1. Start hybrid
    2. Config->Output->Container->General Settings->Standard output container->raw
    3. Config->Path, set 'Default output path' if you want all demuxed files inside one folder or enable 'Adjust: Output path to source path' if you want the extracted files next to the source file
    4. Main->Video handling->passthrough
    5. Main->Audio handling->passthrough all
    6. Drag&Drop all the files you want to be demuxed onto the input line at the top of the Main-tab
    7. Main->Generate
    8. Add to queue
    9. Start Queue
    wait till Hybrid is finished.

Alternatively one could probably also write a script to do all of it with mencoder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mplayer can easily demux your files. Just write a simple batch file to do it. Commands can be found here:
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/commandline.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Hybrid should be able to do the job:
    1. Start hybrid
    3. Config->Path, set 'Default output path' if you want all demuxed files inside one folder or enable 'Adjust: Output path to source path' if you want the extracted files next to the source file
    6. Drag&Drop all the files you want to be demuxed onto the input line at the top of the Main-tab
    7. Main->Generate
    8. Add to queue
    9. Start Queue

Alternatively one could probably also write a script to do all of it with mencoder.
    Thanks. That works perfectly. The instructions are much appreciated as well.

Just wondering what is the difference between an M2V file and an MPV file? Because Hybrid gives an M2V and TSmuxer gives an MPV.

Also is there any way to prevent it adding "_Title_1" to the files it creates?
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 8th Mar 2013 at 16:00.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just wondering what is the difference between an M2V file and an MPV file? Because Hybrid gives an M2V and TSmuxer gives an MPV.
    the difference is just the extension used

Also is there any way to prevent it adding "_Title_1" to the files it creates?
    sure, simply disable Config->Output->File name generation->Output Filename Generation->Add Titleinfo ('Title_X')
    Quote Quote  
  11. Is there a portable version of your program at all because I've seen some on Google but not on your site?

Also how do I save my settings so that I don't need to enter the settings again whenever I want to batch demux?

I disabled "Add Titleinfo" in filename generation and the demuxed video is the same name as the MPEG2 however the ac3 file is appended with "_raw_aid_128.ac3". How can I prevent it appending anything to the AC3 files?
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 23rd Mar 2013 at 21:10.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Is there a portable version of your program at all because I've seen some on Google but not on your site?
    A. There is no portable version.Portable as in: a. it can be simply moved b. when moved it doesn't loose it's settings
    Some downloadportals simply call the 'Windows 32bit package' download a portable version.
    (the download as is, only fulfils a. )
    B. You can turn the 'Windows 32bit package' into a real portable version by following the 'make Hybrid portable (Windows only)'-instructions.
    So strictly speaking, there is no portable download, but one can easily be created.

How can I prevent it appending anything to the AC3 files?
    atm. you can't, but I should be able to create a version that allows you to.
    The '_raw' can be easily removed, the aid_X part is more tricky, since it is needed to differentiate between the tracks, in example if you have a source with multiple audio streams of the same type the output names need to differ or they will be overwritten.
    -> if you tell me which Hybrid 'flavour' (Win32/Win64/Win2k/Linux32/Linux64/Mac) you use I can send you a modified Hybrid version, which should at least not add the '_raw' part. (will think about the _aid part, I can probably set something up, that it is only added if the output really contains multiple audio streams)
    -> send you a pm

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 23rd Mar 2013 at 23:19.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks I've downloaded the new version. But how can I save my settings as follows so that when I close Hybrid and then open it again, all my settings are saved?:

1. Start hybrid
    7. Main->Generate
    8. Add to queue
    9. Start Queue
    Quote Quote  
  14. Config->Defaults->Save all
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks. I unticked everything in "Output Filename Generation" and saved the settings. However when I close then re-open the program "Add delay info" is still ticked.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hups, that's a bug -> will look at it and send you a pm when I fixed it
    -> fixed
    Quote Quote  
  17. There seems to be another bug because when I click on "Add to Queue" nothing happens. These are the settings I used:

Config Tab.

Output, Filename Generation

Untick the following:
    Add Titleinfo
    Add Chapterinfo
    Add internal id
    Add delay info
    Add audio id

Output, Container Settings

Standard Output Container = Select Raw

Path

Tick "Adjust: Output path to source path" if you want the extracted files next to the source file

Main Tab

Under "Video Handling" select "Pass-through"
    Under "Audio Handling" select "Pass-through all"

Drag & Drop folder containing files into the input line at the top of the Main-tab
    Click on "Add to Queue" button on bottom-right.
    Click on "Start Queue" button above that.
    Quote Quote  
  18. You are right, seems like my development version has a bug with the automatic naming option, which hinders it to create output names and without outputnames the queue can't be created.
    -> will fix
    Quote Quote  
  19. Thanks the add to queue is working now. A few more bugs: I have Video Handling set to passthrough but when I add a folder of files into the input file line then the "video handling" changes to "ignore".

In Output Filename Generation I unticked everything but the demuxed M2V sand AC3 files still have "_raw" added to the end of the file names. I don't want anything added to the end of the file names.

When I try to pause the job it says "Couldn't get a processing handle".
    Quote Quote  
  20. I have Video Handling set to passthrough but when I add a folder of files into the input file line then the "video handling" changes to "ignore".
    that happens if you feed Hybrid with something that is not a video file,....
    (You can specify which extensions Hybrid should consider input files under Config->Input->Input Extensions)

In Output Filename Generation I unticked everything but the demuxed M2V sand AC3 files still have "_raw" added to the end of the file names.
    Overlooked that. -> will send you a new version

When I try to pause the job it says "Couldn't get a processing handle".
    Can't reproduce this here. -> Delete your old DebugOutput file, enable DebugOutput Level 7 right before you press pause, then disable DebugOutput again and post the debug output.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Managed to reproduce the passing problem. -> will look at it -> send you a fixed version
    Last edited by Selur; 28th Mar 2013 at 07:10.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Thanks, it's working. A couple more problems...

When I add a job to the queue the "video handling" changes from pass-through to ignore. The queue still demuxes correctly though, it's just that the menu changes.

I set video handling to pass-through and audio handling to custom then on the audio tab I selected re-encode to FLAC. On the main tab when I click on Add to Queue is get a message saying "You just added a job with an empty audio queue while audio handling != ignore. Maybe you forgot to put an audio stream in the audio queue.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I set video handling to pass-through and audio handling to custom then on the audio tab I selected re-encode to FLAC. On the main tab when I click on Add to Queue is get a message saying "You just added a job with an empty audio queue while audio handling != ignore. Maybe you forgot to put an audio stream in the audio queue.
    No, that's not a bug, or me or Hybrid forgetting anything, you didn't read the tooltip what 'custom' really means properly.
    In 'custom'-mode Hybrid doesn't add anything to the queue automatically, everything is up to the user.
    From you description you probably should use either 'auto add (first)' or 'auto add (all)'.

When I add a job to the queue the "video handling" changes from pass-through to ignore. The queue still demuxes correctly though, it's just that the menu changes.
    doesn't happen for me, does you folder contain none video files?
    If it does you need to tell Hybrid that these are not considered to be input files: Config->Input->Input Extensions.
    (can't reproduce this unless I feed Hybrid at least one none 'useless' file)

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  24. OK thanks. I tried the auto add (all) option. It works however after each FLAC is created I get a popup saying "Info" followed by the file path of the created flac file. If I don't ok that message then the rest of the queue won't process. How can I prevent those messages showing?
    Quote Quote  
  25. hups, that's some debug options which I didn't turn off, what does the message exactly say (ctrl+c -> ctr+v)? -> found it it's a 'filePath: ...' info I missed

Also while at it, a small warning about a limitation of Hybrid. It can't reencode 7.1 HD audio do another 7.1 audio stream since I couldn't find a free decoder which can decode in example DTS-HD (the free decoders I know only decode the 5.1 core). So if your input has 7.1 DTS-HD audio and you want to convert it to 7.1 flac, Hybrid isn't the right tool.
    Last edited by Selur; 28th Mar 2013 at 11:05.
    Quote Quote