VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: Do you work on other peoples computers?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I do computer repairs on service calls and setup new tvs and try to explain to people how to switch inputs to dvd,pvr or blu-rays.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I build and maintain my own computers, and on rare occasions, I'll fix one for one of my friends or relatives.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am the go-to guy for my friends and family. I also sometimes fix computers for my coworkers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, it seems that all it takes is a casual mention that you build your own computers. Then the cat's out of the bag.

I fix computers for friends and family fairly often.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I fix computers for friends and family, build my own and set up new computers for folks. I also pimp myself out to set up and repair other peoples computers for a fee.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to service computers, I build and service my own, but I try and avoid fixing friends/family. I will if they are desperate though - won't leave them hanging. No when I talk to people and I don't want to spend the night diagnosing they PC's issues, I say I work with databases (not a lie). That shuts them up.
    Quote Quote