VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    How can I convert flac files into mp3 using commands?

This is the bat script I've made:

Code:
    flac -d audio.flac audio.wav
    lame -e n -preset cbr 320 --noreplaygain - "audio.wav" "audio.mp3"
    However, I get the following error message:
    Code:
    "lame: -e emp must be n/5/c not set"
    How could I fix this issue? If there's an entirely different way to this conversion via command line which works, I'm also interested...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have to use the -e n? I'm not sure what it does...

Wont it work with ffmpeg also?
    ffmpeg -i audio.flac -acodec libmp3lame -ab 320k video.mp3
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why use CBR? Quality of that sucks. Do lame audio.wav -o audio.mp3 -V0 --vbr-new -q 0
    Last edited by Mephesto; 27th Jan 2013 at 02:18.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Lastman369 View Post
    Code:
    flac -d audio.flac audio.wav
    lame -e n -preset cbr 320 --noreplaygain - "audio.wav" "audio.mp3"
    However, I get the following error message:
    Code:
    "lame: -e emp must be n/5/c not set"
    How could I fix this issue? If there's an entirely different way to this conversion via command line which works, I'm also interested...
    Would a GUI which uses a command line to encode count?
    I ask because I assume the idea is to set the conversion process in motion and walk away, rather than convert each individually/manually?

If that's the case, it may be why god invented foobar2000.... or why he invented the person who created foobar2000..... or something......
    Anyway, foobar2000 can batch convert. Just load all the flac files into a playlist, highlight them all, right click and select convert. Pick/modify one of the LAME presets and you're finished. You can change the command line foobar2000 uses if you're so inclined. It'll convert as many files simultaneously as you have CPU cores until it's done, and you're not limited to a single type of encode at a time...... while it's converting them to MP3 you could get it to start converting some of them to a different format too if need be.
    Quote Quote