VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I've tried both Claudio's script and with poisondeathray's edits, but errors keep coming up.
    What is the error messsage ?

Code:
    FFMpegSource2("intro.mp4", atrack=-1)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    intro=last

AVISource("bandicam.avi")
    PointResize(960,720)
    AddBorders(160,0,160,0)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    bandicam=last

FFMpegSource2("outro.mp4", atrack=-1)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    outro=last

intro ++ bandicam ++ outro
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not work using FFMS2 poisondeathray. Its error on audio decode, but using DSS is OK.

Code:
    DirectShowSource("intro.mp4")
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    intro=last

DirectShowSource("bandicam.avi")
    PointResize(960,720)
    AddBorders(160,0,160,0)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    bandicam=last

DirectShowSource("out.mp4")
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    outro=last

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Indeed, the audio doesn't match. It gives this error when using DSS too, Claudio.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Code:
    FFMpegSource2("intro_720p_30fps.mp4",atrack=-1)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    SSRC(48000)
    intro=last

FFMpegSource2("RT2_PLAT_segment1.avi", atrack=-1)
    PointResize(960,720)
    AddBorders(160,0,160,0)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    SSRC(48000)
    bandicam=last

FFMpegSource2("outtro_720p_30fps.mp4", atrack=-1)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    SSRC(48000)
    outro=last

I might use a different resizer for this type of content, the text will be more legible, but some of the icons less legible. It's a tradeoff. Try out and see which ones you like better (e.g. preview the script in vdub or avspmod)
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Resize

eg.
    Spline36Resize(960,720)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 24th Jan 2013 at 20:12.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm getting an error that FFMpegSource2 is not recognized.
    I've downloaded what seems to be an avisynth plugin and dropped it in the plugin folder, but it's still not working.
    Any tips?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Skite View Post
    I'm getting an error that FFMpegSource2 is not recognized.
    I've downloaded what seems to be an avisynth plugin and dropped it in the plugin folder, but it's still not working.
    Any tips?

unzip the package, place both the .dll and the .avsi into the plugins folder

make sure you downloaded the "normal" version, not the CPlugin version

http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/detail?name=ffms-2.17.7z
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Skite View Post
    I'm getting an error that FFMpegSource2 is not recognized.
    Any tips?

unzip the package, place both the .dll and the .avsi into the plugins folder

make sure you downloaded the "normal" version, not the CPlugin version

http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/detail?name=ffms-2.17.7z
    Yeah, I done that. It worked. The audio and video of the game footage is sped up, though.

It looks like it doubles in speed/halved in length. How is this possible if the difference is 0,00003FPS?
    Last edited by Skite; 24th Jan 2013 at 20:45.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Skite View Post
    Yeah, I done that. It worked. The audio and video of the game footage is sped up, though.
    Yes, you're right, for some reason ffms2 is cutting off the bandicam footage

Code:
    FFMpegSource2("intro_720p_30fps.mp4",atrack=-1)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    SSRC(48000)
    intro=last

vid=avisource("RT2_PLAT_segment1.avi", audio=false)
    aud=ffaudiosource("RT2_PLAT_segment1.avi")
    audiodub(vid,aud)
    PointResize(960,720)
    AddBorders(160,0,160,0)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    SSRC(48000)
    bandicam=last

FFMpegSource2("outtro_720p_30fps.mp4", atrack=-1)
    AssumeFPS(30,true)
    SSRC(48000)
    outro=last

I have a problem with the audio using avisource, you might not (it's dependent on what codecs you have installed). If you don't, you can replace the vid, aud, audiodub lines with avisource()
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I have a problem with the audio using avisource, you might not (it's dependent on what codecs you have installed). If you don't, you can replace the vid, aud, audiodub lines with avisource()
    Using the script with avisource() provides a locked process on a processing speed of 0 frames per second.
    Using the method in your last quoted code gives an error that the audio isn't found.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Skite View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Using the script with avisource() provides a locked process on a processing speed of 0 frames per second.
    Using the method in your last quoted code gives an error that the audio isn't found.

Well that's just weird, I encoded it out this time to double check, and it works ok

Are all the files and the .avs in the same directory ? Otherwise you have to specify the PATH

Are you using the same files, or the real files (the longer version of the bandicam video) ? Maybe there are differences in those sample files ?

Post the exact error message regarding the audio.

As a workaround you can use DirectShowSource for the aud line instead of FFAudioSource()
    Code:
    aud=directshowsource("RT2_PLAT_segment1.avi", video=false)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Well that's just weird, I encoded it out this time to double check, and it works ok

Are all the files and the .avs in the same directory ? Otherwise you have to specify the PATH
    No, everything is in the same directory.

Are you using the same files, or the real files (the longer version of the bandicam video) ? Maybe there are differences in those sample files ?
    I'm using the actual files I'll be using, the only difference being the segment replaced by the actual gameplay footage.

Post the exact error message regarding the audio.

As a workaround you can use DirectShowSource for the aud line instead of FFAudioSource()
    Code:
    aud=directshowsource("RT2_PLAT_segment1.avi", video=false)
    I've done this and it's doing something without an error now, so if this doesn't work out, I'll get you the error messages.

Well, this works, but I'm guessing the resizing makes some text almost unreadable.
    Last edited by Skite; 24th Jan 2013 at 21:12.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Okay so Spline36Resize(960,720)does deliver a smoother picture in regards to text. Which I find more important than the rest, in this series.
    So thanks for that.

The next issue I have is having regular 16:9 footage and the bumpers not having the same framerate issue.

Not that I'm ungrateful, but looking at the amount of time and effort needed to get this to work, I might be better off recording the bumpers with Bandicam to make sure they're the same...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to be gone. I had to go to the doctor and came back so now.

Thanks poison for all help. I learned a little more today.

Skite, you already used the ACTION! to record your games? Try it, it is very good and much lighter than any other soft that already used

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hey Claudio,

Bandicam does everything we need and doesn't suck up a lot of resources. We already went from buying a FRAPS license to Bandicam license once, so we're not really interested in buying yet another software package.

Thanks everyone for helping out!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Claudio, poisondeathray,

I have at least figured out that the ,00003FPS issue is NOT related to Bandicam, but my system.
    I'm trying to figure out where this is coming from and wondered if you had any ideas?

EDIT: For anyone else wondering; it is related. Read on to see why.
    Last edited by Skite; 26th Jan 2013 at 22:02.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Skite View Post

I have at least figured out that the ,00003FPS issue is NOT related to Bandicam, but my system.
    I'm trying to figure out where this is coming from and wondered if you had any ideas?

I haven't used bandicam before, but did you enter 30.0 fps ?

http://www.bandicam.com/product/game_recording_program_setting/

If you are using x264vfw to encode you can enter --fps 30 --force-cfr in the extra options commandline box
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Of course, I did, I tried various things to make sure it was set right, to no avail.

If you are using x264vfw to encode you can enter --fps 30 --force-cfr in the extra options commandline box
    I just tried this, added the two commands in the command line box, but no change. Still a 0,00003FPS difference. I downloaded and tried the latest versions of Komisar's and the other one's builds of x264.

EDIT: Hmm. Somethings happening that gets me frameloss or something. When set at 60 FPS, I get 60,000024 FPS.
    Last edited by Skite; 26th Jan 2013 at 20:22.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Skite View Post
    Of course, I did, I tried various things to make sure it was set right, to no avail.

I just tried this, added the two commands in the command line box, but no change. Still a 0,00003FPS difference. I downloaded and tried the latest versions of Komisar's and the other one's builds of x264.

EDIT: Hmm. Somethings happening that gets me frameloss or something. When set at 60 FPS, I get 60,000024 FPS.
    Not sure why it's happening. Maybe problem with bandicam ? Earlier you said it wasn't bandicam, how can you be sure ?

I wouldn't worry about "frameloss", the difference between 0.000024 is pretty small unless you have very long video you wouldn't notice a problem or even sync issue

It's not ideal, but you can "fix" the fps by running them through vdub, video=>direct stream copy, audio=>direct stream copy, video=>change frame rate to 30 , file=>save as avi
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Not sure why it's happening. Maybe problem with bandicam ? Earlier you said it wasn't bandicam, how can you be sure ?
    I can't be sure, but one of my friend has a sister system (build at the same time) with the same software and codecs and doesn't have the issue.

I wouldn't worry about "frameloss", the difference between 0.000024 is pretty small unless you have very long video you wouldn't notice a problem or even sync issue
    The problem is that VDub doesn't like the frame difference. It just gives me an error.
    What would you call very long? Recording sessions can go for over two hours. We chop the footage up in episodes of around 30 - 40 minutes.

It's not ideal, but you can "fix" the fps by running them through vdub, video=>direct stream copy, audio=>direct stream copy, video=>change frame rate to 30 , file=>save as avi
    I know this, but it isn't ideal indeed. I was happy that with Bandicam, I could save the files at a format that would require no work to upload at all. With our new bumpers, that's the only work we have to do before uploading.

I've already contacted Bandicam support, but they're slow to respond and their English isn't very good. The first answer they gave me wasn't of much help, haha.
    I'm just trying to get my head around possible reasons why this occurs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Claudio, poisondeathray,

That is a no bandicam problem.

Make some tests using 1.8.5 (YV12, RGB24, MPEG and X264) and all records are perfect 30.000, look:

Probably videocard config (refresh rate, vertical sync...)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post

That is a no bandicam problem.

Make some tests using 1.8.5 (YV12, RGB24, MPEG and X264) and all records are perfect 30.000, look:

mediainfo only shows 3 decimal places

the sample clip he uploaded from bandicam recording was 30.000 in mediainfo as well, but it doesn't show the precision required, not enough decimal places (it was 30.000024)

open it up with avisynth and use info()
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mediainfo only shows 3 decimal places

the sample clip he uploaded from bandicam recording was 30.000 in mediainfo as well, but it doesn't show the precision required, not enough decimal places (it was 30.000024)

open it up with avisynth and use info()
    bandicam:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7XM14Fq.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	15967

action:

Name:	20Dgno5.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	15968

dxtory:

Name:	2fEhXa7.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	15969
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Skite View Post

The problem is that VDub doesn't like the frame difference. It just gives me an error.
    What would you call very long? Recording sessions can go for over two hours. We chop the footage up in episodes of around 30 - 40 minutes.

I wouldn't worry about it

30.000024 / 30 = 1.0000008 . This means 8 frames in a million, or 1 frame every 125,000 would theoretically have a duplicate frame (not a missed frame)

(30 frames/second ) x (60 seconds/min) x (60 min/hour) = 108,000 frames captured / hour

216,000 frames for 2 hours , so theoretically you would see 1 duplicate frame if the system was running at 30.0

In reality, you have duplicate frames all the time in gameplay, due to in game FPS dips, rendering engine, graphics card issues, sync issue. So don't worry about it
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 26th Jan 2013 at 21:11.
    Quote Quote  
  24. So Claudio, on your system it looks like bandicam is running "off" FPS too ?

For example, you wouldn't be able to append those 3 clips because of the 30.00003
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry...Wrong message PDR.I will make tests now.

Correct. Not append too.

Name:	Z1FElem.png
Views:	103
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	15970

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 26th Jan 2013 at 21:22.
    Quote Quote  
  26. But the other clips join ok , correct? For example dxtory +action. Because their FPS are identical fractions

That's evidence that suggests the problem is bandicam....
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hey guys, thanks for the information.
    This does confirm it's a Bandicam related issue.
    I already tried reinstalling video drivers, bandicam, codecs... Never thought of actually comparing different recording software. Whoops.

I've tried using Bandicam's 'MPEG-1' codec, it gives the same issue.
    Last edited by Skite; 26th Jan 2013 at 22:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Hypercam. It's free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But the other clips join ok , correct? For example dxtory +action. Because their FPS are identical fractions

That's evidence that suggests the problem is bandicam....
    Yes. Work great for ACTION+DXTORY+FRAPS.

Hey guys, thanks for the information.
    This does confirm it's a Bandicam related issue.
    I already tried reinstalling video drivers, bandicam, codecs... Never thought of actually comparing different recording software. Whoops.

I've tried using Bandicam's 'MPEG-1' codec, it gives the same issue.
    Try ACTION!, you will like, believe.

Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Try Hypercam. It's free.
    Its a have problem using 60fps record (games default). The file has speedup (120fps like )

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Try ACTION!, you will like, believe.

Claudio
    I've installed the trial, but I see no options whatsoever to set the codec used and at what settings this should use it.
    I don't want to use a (near) lossless codec, because transcoding would introduce a long step in the entire production cycle!
    This is why Bandicam worked so great for us. You can set up the codecs any way you like.
    Quote Quote