VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. Hello,

    I have this video plays well on HD, but freezes after burning to DVD disk. I copied it from DVD to HD and it plays well again. Why? Here is some info on the video.

    HTML Code:
    General
    Complete name                    : C:\Video.avi
    Format                           : AVI
    Format/Info                      : Audio Video Interleave
    Format profile                   : OpenDML
    File size                        : 4.37 GiB
    Duration                         : 1h 10mn
    Overall bit rate                 : 8 812 Kbps
    Movie name                       : Video
    Director                         : N/A
    Writing application              : Lavf54.3.100
    
    Video
    ID                               : 0
    Format                           : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile                   : Simple@L1
    Format settings, BVOP            : No
    Format settings, QPel            : No
    Format settings, GMC             : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix          : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID                         : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint                    : XviD
    Duration                         : 1h 10mn
    Bit rate                         : 8 673 Kbps
    Width                            : 1 920 pixels
    Height                           : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio             : 1.600
    Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
    Color space                      : YUV
    Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                        : 8 bits
    Scan type                        : Progressive
    Compression mode                 : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.167
    Stream size                      : 4.30 GiB (98%)
    Writing library                  : Lavc54.15.100
    
    Audio
    ID                               : 1
    Format                           : MPEG Audio
    Format version                   : Version 1
    Format profile                   : Layer 3
    Mode                             : Joint stereo
    Mode extension                   : MS Stereo
    Codec ID                         : 55
    Codec ID/Hint                    : MP3
    Duration                         : 1h 10mn
    Bit rate mode                    : Constant
    Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
    Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode                 : Lossy
    Stream size                      : 64.9 MiB (1%)
    Alignment                        : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration             : 24 ms (0.60 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration     : 72 ms
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it freezes on your computer? And not any standalone player?

    Maybe crappy dvdr media so your dvd reader can't read it fast enough for playback.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 19th Jan 2013 at 09:54.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    More details if you want help.

    Did you burn this as a data disc?
    What are you playing it on when it freezes? PC? Standalone (need details if it is this)?
    Most standalones will not support playing Divx/Xvid with resolutions above 720x576.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Your file is HD (High Definition), but your nomenclature is confusing. When you say "HD" do you mean High Definition, or Hard Disk (HDD = Hard Disk Drive)?
    If this HD file plays from your HDD, but won't from a DVD disk, then there's a good chance you're using bad blank DVD disks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    India
    Search Comp PM
    it is always half that cater to full here in this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    More details if you want help.

    Did you burn this as a data disc?
    What are you playing it on when it freezes? PC? Standalone (need details if it is this)?
    Most standalones will not support playing Divx/Xvid with resolutions above 720x576.

    Yes, I did burn it as data disk, using Nero. I played the DVD on PC. It freezes. Then I copied to hard drive, it played ok.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by KBeee View Post
    Your file is HD (High Definition), but your nomenclature is confusing. When you say "HD" do you mean High Definition, or Hard Disk (HDD = Hard Disk Drive)?
    If this HD file plays from your HDD, but won't from a DVD disk, then there's a good chance you're using bad blank DVD disks.
    Sorry about the incorrect use of acronyms. By HD I meant hard drive.

    Correct, the video file plays well on hard drive, but won't play on DVD disk. After I copied the file from the DVD disk back to the hard drive, it played well again.

    When I was burning the DVD as data disk, I was also doing other tasks. Could that affect the outcome?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately Nero has some default settings that are not very helpful.

    Download and install the free ImgBurn program. Use it to burn another disc. You will have to use UDF format. Use version 2.01 and nothing higher.

    Having said that, one possible problem is that Nero burned you a UDF 2.50 or higher format disc and your PC doesn't understand that version of UDF. If you are using Windows XP or earlier, try installing the free UDFReader program and see if that magically fixes your playback problem. However, you should still look into ImgBurn as it's more reliable than Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Unfortunately Nero has some default settings that are not very helpful.

    Download and install the free ImgBurn program. Use it to burn another disc. You will have to use UDF format. Use version 2.01 and nothing higher.

    Having said that, one possible problem is that Nero burned you a UDF 2.50 or higher format disc and your PC doesn't understand that version of UDF. If you are using Windows XP or earlier, try installing the free UDFReader program and see if that magically fixes your playback problem. However, you should still look into ImgBurn as it's more reliable than Nero.

    I think you have hit the nail on the head! I'll give your advice a try and let you know the result. Much thanks!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads