VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble with getting some video files that I've pulled off a security DVR made by HIKVision, a DS-7308 transcoded. As far as I can tell, They use an oddball audio codec, G.711 with h.264 video.
    I've tried almost every utility out there to either transcode or strip the audio/video but i'm having no luck whatsoever.
    The closest I have come to understanding the problem is that the video header may be incorrect.
    Any ideas on ways to get this through FFMpeg?

I've attached the video file,
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81542117/DVR_Channel%2001_20121107135344_20121107135416_1168488158_0001.mp4

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try handbrake, mpeg streamclip and iffmpeg.

But it works fine in VLC Media Player. It can also convert files, under file->convert/save.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    bgroup - Just FYI, we've had members here with experience in the subject (I'm not one of them by the way) point out that security systems often use oddball codecs and sometimes custom encryption to make it very difficult to impossible for people to do anything with the video footage unless you pay them to use their own tools on it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try handbrake, mpeg streamclip and iffmpeg.

But it works fine in VLC Media Player. It can also convert files, under file->convert/save.
    Does the audio work on vlc? I'm assuming this is under windows, as VLC does not decode the audio stream under OS X. I'll try screen clip.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, no audio.
    Quote Quote