VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

up to now I've been doing this with audiacity: demuxing from TS, loading AC3 into audiacity, manually selecting begining of audio, applying Fade In, then selecting end of audio and applying Fade Out. Finally exporting as AC-3

Now I would like to add some automatisation to this process.
    Is there a cmd program which can help ?

Thanks

eta:
    I have no idea where this topic fits so I asked it in here. If wrong place... - sorry
    Quote Quote  
  2. sox should be able to do the decoding and fading (you will have to read the documentation, but that's a given for command line tools) and than ffmpeg or aften could be used for reencoding to ac3.

I have no idea where this topic fits so I asked it in here. If wrong place... - sorry
    Audio subforum would have been a better place, but some moderator will probably move it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for answering.

Looks like sox doesn't recognise AC3 but I can change it into WAV with eac3to and then make a fade with sox. Last thing is to change back to ac3 (again eac3to) - this workflow is working.

Thanks again Selur
    Quote Quote  
  4. Looks like sox doesn't recognise AC3..
    than it's probably build without ffmpeg support libraries, but using eac3to is also fine.
    Quote Quote