VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everybody,

I've just bought a Philips HTB 7150 K/51, which is quite good, but locked at BD C and DVD 5. I have a huge collection of DVD 1 and 2, so I desperately need to make it region free. None of the hacks for other models seem to work (and I've tried 4 different ones). Can anybody help me?

I'd appreciate someone's assistance here.

Regards,
    Adiemus
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you may be out of luck, as not all dvd/bluray player can be made region free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you may be out of luck, as not all dvd/bluray player can be made region free.
    Yes, I know. But there is still hope, and I was told, that Philips BD and DVD players were mostly "multizonable"

I really need some help here. The only key combination working sofar is 8520 to show the SW and region info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The HT stands for "Home Theater"?
    If it does your chances are now VERY slim.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    It is a Home Theater, but why is it so? Is there maybe any hardware possibility if the sowtware hack doesn't exist?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by adiemus View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    It is a Home Theater, but why is it so?
    I've NEVER seen a home theater system that could be hacked.

Is there maybe any hardware possibility if the sowtware hack doesn't exist?
    Not gonna happen.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Privet adieumus!

1) Most specialty players (portables, DVD/VCR combination players, DVD/TV combination players, home theater players) can't ever be unlocked.
    2) Most BluRay players can't ever be unlocked.
    3) Most Philips DVD players can still be unlocked. Some (but probably not most) Philips BluRay players can be unlocked. But...
    most != all
    4) I've seen webpages for companies in the UK and Netherlands that can make hardware changes to many BluRay players to unlock them. Maybe similar companies exist in Russia.
    5) I know people don't like to do this, but I bought a cheap Philips DVD player that I knew I could unlock and I use it to play all my DVDs. I don't play DVDs on my BluRay player. You may need to do this.
    6) While most Philips BluRay players sold in the USA/Canada can't be unlocked, the ones that can do NOT convert between PAL and NTSC and they only unlock DVD playing, not BluRay. This is probably OK for you, but you need to be sure that your TV can accept NTSC output if you are ever able to find an unlock code for your player.
    7) You might look for a Russian language website to ask about a code for your player. Many manufacturers sell models in the former USSR that they don't sell in the rest of Europe, so it's possible that your player is unknown in the EU and the EU is the source of a lot of unlock information.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Privet adieumus!
    Hi there!
    Thanks for the detailed reply and advice...

1) Most specialty players (portables, DVD/VCR combination players, DVD/TV combination players, home theater players) can't ever be unlocked.
    Yes, I know that, but I missed that point somehow when buying this thing, and I hoped to hack it somehow - I was told, that Philips is an easier story.

2) Most BluRay players can't ever be unlocked.
    I know that, and I need to unlock only the DVD part, which is possible, I believe - maybe just not yet.

3) Most Philips DVD players can still be unlocked. Some (but probably not most) Philips BluRay players can be unlocked. But...
    most != all
    Totally agree.. See above.

4) I've seen webpages for companies in the UK and Netherlands that can make hardware changes to many BluRay players to unlock them. Maybe similar companies exist in Russia.
    Already looking into it, but tough luck so far.

5) I know people don't like to do this, but I bought a cheap Philips DVD player that I knew I could unlock and I use it to play all my DVDs. I don't play DVDs on my BluRay player. You may need to do this.
    It is the interior design issue, so I really need to use particular machine for that.

6) While most Philips BluRay players sold in the USA/Canada can't be unlocked, the ones that can do NOT convert between PAL and NTSC and they only unlock DVD playing, not BluRay. This is probably OK for you, but you need to be sure that your TV can accept NTSC output if you are ever able to find an unlock code for your player.
    This is not the problem, all the TVs sold here are multisystem..

7) You might look for a Russian language website to ask about a code for your player. Many manufacturers sell models in the former USSR that they don't sell in the rest of Europe, so it's possible that your player is unknown in the EU and the EU is the source of a lot of unlock information.
    This model exactly exists in EU conntries, so it is not limited to the Russian market, but it is relatively new so that is the problem.

Hopefully my question can be solved...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Did you try the "1389310" combination? If you did, try again. Sometimes it takes more than one attempt.
    Last edited by marlboro_man; 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:31.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marlboro_man View Post
    Did you try the "1389310" combination? If you did, try again. Sometimes it takes more than one attempt.
    Well... It doesn't work... Tried from the home menu a number of times.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by marlboro_man View Post
    Did you try the "1389310" combination? If you did, try again. Sometimes it takes more than one attempt.
    Well... It doesn't work... Tried from the home menu a number of times.

Any news about the unlock code for HTB7150?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, sorry - I've returned this unit...
    Quote Quote