VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The question in the thread title

Which are the free alternative programs that have a function equivalent to VideoReDo's "QuickStream Fix"?

Thank you very much
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Let's everyone help each other.
    Quote Quote  
  2. For mpeg2 streams, sometimes projectx or pvastrumento can help fix errors similar to videoredo's quickstream fix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thankyou pdr, I tried them all, but unfortunately they didn't help me in the solution of this problem:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351197-Progressive-loss-of-audiosync-during-convers...G-2-to-MP4-why
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Let's everyone help each other.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm looking for the same thing. Neither worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by focuspuller View Post
    I'm looking for the same thing. Neither worked for me.
    Free software that can fix all the same sorts of stream errors as VideoReDo handles doesn't exist, and may never exist. Download VideoReDo's trial to see if it can fix your problem file. If you have a continuing need to work with files that have errors in the stream or missing frames, it is worth the purchase price.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    But......does VideoReDo preserve the subtitles that are part of the TS files from recorded Cable TV?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ronstang View Post
    But......does VideoReDo preserve the subtitles that are part of the TS files from recorded Cable TV?
    VideoReDo TV Suite preserves closed captions in TS files recorded from both US digital cable and US over-the-air transmissions and it works for both MPEG-2 video and H.264 video.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSDoctor also does this.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    VideoReDo TV Suite preserves closed captions in TS files recorded from both US digital cable and US over-the-air transmissions and it works for both MPEG-2 video and H.264 video.
    That is nice to know and makes it almost worth the price of admission alone. I will test it out now on a trial. ProjectX does a great job and I have been using it successfully for quite some time but I can not figure out how to get it to preserve the CCs, even though it claims it handles them, as there simply is no good documentation.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    TSDoctor also does this.
    Not from my experiences. I tried the latest version a while back and it didn't repair anything it claimed it could. I kept having issues with files it processed so I went back to ProjectX which actually works and is free....albeit is it a little old and no longer under development.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is nice to know and makes it almost worth the price of admission alone. I will test it out now on a trial. ProjectX does a great job and I have been using it successfully for quite some time but I can not figure out how to get it to preserve the CCs, even though it claims it handles them, as there simply is no good documentation.
    MPEG GOP user data, including N. American closed captions, are often stripped by software when video streams are processed unless the software is designed to copy it instead.

ProjectX was developed to process DVB transport streams. There wasn't a compelling reason to add the ability to copy N. American closed captions stored in the GOP user data because none would be present in DVB transport streams.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Mar 2022 at 08:33. Reason: typo
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote