VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It's unbelievable but, while I know that the Space bar starts playing a movie in VirtualDub ("Preview input", actually) I can't find a way to stop it pressing a key. I looked in the "Options > Preferences > Main Keys" list, but the Stop function is not there...

Any hint?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: (See posts below) I can't find a way to stop (not pause) playback in PotPlayer too. And in the shortcuts customizing menu the Stop function is missing. How can I stop a movie with the keyboard instead of using the usual button with the square icon?
    Last edited by falco2000; 15th Jan 2013 at 16:00.
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Let's everyone help each other.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Humm... just found a way: "ALT+F" (opens the "File" menu) and then "A" (select the "Abort dub" command)...
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pressing the space bar again will stop it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, "space" = start/stop.
    Common to many media players.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I already tried to press the Space bar again, like I do with every other media player, but it doesn't work for me.

Maybe it's because I used VirtualDubMod and VirtualDubMPEG2 instead of VirtualDub?

Anyway, the "Stop"/"Abort" command is missing in the "Main Keys" list, while the "Preview input" command is included (and it's set on "Space" as primary key)...

I'll be forced to keep on using the "ALT+F and A" keys...
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, space bar doesn't stop playback in VirtualDubMod. I believe it's a bug. Why are you using it instead of VirtualDub? The only advantage it has is support for multiple audio streams.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Yes, space bar doesn't stop playback in VirtualDubMod. I believe it's a bug. Why are you using it instead of VirtualDub? The only advantage it has is support for multiple audio streams.
    Ok thank you.

I can only remember that when, many months ago, I first downloaded VirtualDub, it didn't manage the formats I needed (MPEG-2 and/or MP4), so I installed VirtualDubMPEG2. Then I changed to VirtualDubMod because VirtualDubMPEG2 didn't reproduce audio during playback, while VirtualDubMod did.

Should I switch to VirtualDub again and install some filter/plugin for .MPG (MPEG-2+MP2) and .MP4 (h.264+MP3) management?

Thank you in advance.
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by falco2000 View Post
    Should I switch to VirtualDub again and install some filter/plugin for .MPG (MPEG-2+MP2) and .MP4 (h.264+MP3) management?
    Yes. Get the various source plugins and put them in VirtualDub's plugins folder. They're on the VirtualDub page at this site.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Yes. Get the various source plugins and put them in VirtualDub's plugins folder. They're on the VirtualDub page at this site.
    Thanks a lot Jagabo. Last time I tried to do that the MPEG-2 plug-in webpage was not working but at this time it is.

Another similar question: I can't find a way to stop (not pause) playback in PotPlayer too. And in the shortcuts customizing menu the Stop function is missing. How can I stop a movie with the keyboard instead of using the usual button with the square icon? I can only Play/Pause with the space bar but I often need to totally stop (=close) a movie in order to, for example, change its filename.
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by falco2000 View Post
    I can't find a way to stop (not pause) playback in PotPlayer too. And in the shortcuts customizing menu the Stop function is missing.
    I don't know PotPlayer all that well, but that keyboard shortcut appears to be missing.
    Quote Quote  
  11. In KMPlayer "stop" is ctrl+z , it might be the same in potplayer (I don't currently have it installed anywhere)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    In KMPlayer "stop" is ctrl+z , it might be the same in potplayer
    No CTRL+Z flips the pictures horizontally...
    Falco2000, video newbie.
    Quote Quote