VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

first of all i wish you a happy new year.

I have decided to write to ask help because i have a real problem.

Each time i want to encode a video (.mp4) and to put french subtitles FFMPEGX crashes.

Here is a screen capture to help you understand the problem:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/l1Zy3xbduQxB8UFph8GhN4I4IZxd1zjrdzI_DgJKiy4?feat=directlink

What i'm doing:

i import a video coded in .mp4

i go to filters and select my subtitle

when i want to previsualise i have a crash

I happens only with .mp4 or .x264

I'm not a professional and i should want an answer.

I'm using the last version of ffmpegX on Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Thank's a lot to help me
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am encountering the same problem (except with English subtitles, not that this matters).

Any insight into how this could be corrected would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some types of .mp4 files are not supported by ffmpegX, that is, some .mp4 files have characteristics that are not supported by the binaries from 2006 that ffmpegX uses.
    If that is true for your source file, then any conversion would fail, regardless of subtitles.
    Please test if the file will convert without subtitles, using the same settings (except for subs).
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have a similar problem. I have been adding subs to avi files and the first three times it worked great. But now, when I "encode" the file turns into 50kb files that won't run. I am obviously not an expert and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. Could any of you please help me?
    Quote Quote