VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

Can you offer a free flash based web-video player which has HW-accelerated option (if the browser support it)

I don't want to use JW player or Flowplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What's wrong with jwplayer and flowplayer? So we know what you are looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    What's wrong with jwplayer and flowplayer? So we know what you are looking for.

The problem is their logos on the videos. And they are non free applications. (their free versions are suffering from their logos or they are backward etc...)
    Last edited by Stears555; 11th Jan 2013 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post

that player looks good: http://video.nonverbla.de/video-hd-sd.html
    Because of HD/SD button. But: Is this player support hardware accelearation? Which html code is needed to switch on HW acceleration in this player?

Thank you for your reply!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is this player support hardware accelearation?
    it's just a wrapper (-> look inside the nonverbalster.js) for the normal adobe flash player, since the adobe flash player supports it

Which html code is needed to switch on HW acceleration in this player?
    No clue why you would want to disable hardware acceleration server sided and no clue how to do it, but since nonverblaser simply forwards the info to the normal flash player it should be a standard parameter. (iirc setting wmode to transparent or opaque disables the hardware acceleration, which also causes problems on some mobile devices)
    Also normally it is really a bad idea to disable hardware acceleration server sided since the flash player configuration menu will popup for some users and ask them if they want to enable it. (see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13352918/flash-how-to-turn-off-the-enable-hardware-...eration-window) -> this should be a client sided option!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is this player support hardware accelearation?
    it's just a wrapper (-> look inside the nonverbalster.js) for the normal adobe flash player, since the adobe flash player supports it

Which html code is needed to switch on HW acceleration in this player?
    No clue why you would want to disable hardware acceleration server sided and no clue how to do it, but since nonverblaser simply forwards the info to the normal flash player it should be a standard parameter. (iirc setting wmode to transparent or opaque disables the hardware acceleration, which also causes problems on some mobile devices)
    Also normally it is really a bad idea to disable hardware acceleration server sided since the flash player configuration menu will popup for some users and ask them if they want to enable it. (see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13352918/flash-how-to-turn-off-the-enable-hardware-...eration-window) -> this should be a client sided option!

No, I think about Hardware accelerated video decoding! It is different thing!
    Quote Quote  
  7. not sure but I think, wmode direct and gpu are relevant there,...
    -> since nonverBlaster simply passes the flashvar parameters over to the flash player, you need to check out the flash player documentation

Has the nonverbla player more skins?
    probably not, you have to check their homepage. If not simple write one on you own if you need one. (it's all simple html&javascript&css)
    Last edited by Selur; 12th Jan 2013 at 02:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    probably not, you have to check their homepage. If not simple write one on you own if you need one. (it's all simple html&javascript&css)
    You're a good guy Selur and I respect your posts, but this is not your best advice. Surely you understand that MOST people here lack the training and ability to do this. I work in IT for a living as a Linux system administrator and I don't even have the training necessary to do that. Sorry, but I get tired of people here suggesting things are "easy" or "simple" when in fact it takes years of training to do it and probably 99% of our members don't have it.
    Quote Quote