VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been having issues with rendering video originally captured to MJPEG using the screen-capture application PlayClaw. The original video plays fine in VLC and WMP. The issues come when i try to render it out of Premiere. Sometimes the rendered video is sped up (like it took a 20fps video and is playign at 30fps) when both source output fps are the same.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIeJZE18G08#t=1620s

The other issue is sometimes with the exact same video (same soruce, same timeline, even same output settings) the video will start to stutter.

Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fezlb1ah7v8dnod/Test%20Render.mp4

I normally output h264 video, but also tried mpeg2 and it still happened.

My recording setup records video, game audio, and commentary all to seprate files. And the speedup/stutter/desynch doesn't appear in the previews while doing the editing.

So im sorta at a loss on how to fix the issue... (besides recording in raw video, but i dont really have the space to be doing 3+hr of 720p raw)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably source format use variable frame rate - search on videohelp for guides how to deal with variable frame rate video - some codecs are designed for constant frame rate only and to use them with vfr video some tricks need to be used.
    Quote Quote  
  3. triple checked the source file and even popped it into MediaInfo again.

Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 0
    Format                                   : JPEG
    Codec ID                                 : MJPG
    Duration                                 : 10mn 49s
    Bit rate                                 : 18.0 Mbps
    Width                                    : 1 264 pixels
    Height                                   : 682 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 1.85:1
    Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:4:4
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.835
    Stream size                              : 1.36 GiB (100%)
    This was a test recording to try and narrow down the render issues. I was renering at 25fps to match the recording with this one. Its not Variable Frame Rate.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry but MediaInfo is not very reliable source of information, bitrate for MJPEG, 25 fps, with such resolution is to low...

perhaps ffprobe on source file can show some interesting info?
    http://ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. different source clip this time. (needed the drive space back) i switched back to 30fps recording and rendering. same stutteryness/acceleration issues.

ffprobe:
    Code:
    Input #0, avi, from 'D:\Recording\java 2013-01-12 13-18-59.avi':
      Duration: 00:07:36.63, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 15732 kb/s
        Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg (MJPG / 0x47504A4D), yuvj420p, 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 D
    AR 16:9], 30 tbr, 30 tbn, 30 tbc
    any specific options i should probe with?

also ive just enabled gpu rendering in premiere and thats fixed the crashing with the Low Compression recordings, but id still prefer the mjpeg recordings if this is render-sillyness fixable.
    Quote Quote