VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I am trying to find out how to play MKV files on my Panasonic DMR-PWT420 via a Seagate 2TB external USB HDD.
    The problem seems to be that when you plug the USB HDD in the player it wants to format the drive to make it compatable, only problem is once I have done that my pc no longer allows me to copy my MKV movies on to the drive. From what I have read on the different topics here all I seem to find is file conversion programs. Is there a program I need to use to enable me to dump files on the USB drive, ie Macdrive for my pc to find it once formatted via the player?? Or does anyone know what format the player puts on the USB drive? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That usually means that your USB port is only meant to plug in an external drive to use as an overflow/extension to the built-in hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi and thanks for the fast reply, i assume then that I can only use the drive as you said to copy data from the internal drive over to the USB drive and not the otherway around, if thats the case then thank you for the advice as been looking for days trying to find a soloution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    plug it into your computer. right click on the drive icon and select properties. it should show what type of format was used on the drive.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote