VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a registered user of svcd2dvd version 2.5.5030 on Windows XP Sp3. I have 5 .mkv video files. One asset loads. The other four do not. I am attaching the GSpot analysis and media analysis of two of the four files that won't load into the program.
    Files are TWTC1 and BL1.

Can anyone please help me load these four assets into SVCD2DVD?

Bob
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try avstodvd it's a bit more up to date.

Also ditch gspot it hasn't been updated in years either. Use mediainfo.

(Edit). Brainfreeze - I was thinking of dvd2svcd which is really old not svcd2dvd. Avstodvd is still worth trying though.
    Last edited by minidv2dvd; 30th Dec 2012 at 22:31.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Minidvd2dvd, Thank you for the quick reply.

Just wanted to add more information. The program DID handle the .mkv program last month and still does. It is just these new files that seem to give the program a problem. I wanted someone to review the attached files and let me know what the problem is either with the files or the program and how to get the two to work together.

The svcd2dvd is a good program and, even though it hasn't been updated in years, it does handle all the files thrown at it well. Many of the new programs seem to have something lacking.

PS: I will take a look at the recommended avstodvd. Note that one of the attachments for each file is the information from MediaInfo so you do have that to look at.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they were both listed as having header stripping which can cause problems and doesn't really save much in the way of file size. you could try re-muxing them without header stripping. use mkvmerge and create a new version. make sure header stripping is turned off in mkvmerge's settings.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote