VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't get the 99 minutes disks to work in my burner so that have never made it past coasters or half a set of bookends. Also, aren't Sony players really picky and only take CD-RWs? If that is so I haven't seen 99 minute RW disks so you may want to hold off on buying them even if they do burn you may not be able to play them.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First you have to see if your CD burner lets you burn 80+ CD-R's. Some CD-Burners lets you burn 89mins on this type of media, others go up to 92mins and a few go right up to 99mins. As for Sony - well, they are VERY picky - even the same model will sometimes differ from others of the same model. It's a case of praying and trying out. "It's A Sony" used to be a slogan for quality - these days for me personally its a warning sign not to buy :-0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found two type of CD-R disks that my Sony DVP-S560D was able to play:
    1) Silver up/silver back - no labels (but I was told that they made by Princo)
    2) Silver up/green back - no lables, don't know the brand.
    With CD-RW:
    1) Sony 74/650
    2) Precision 74/650
    3) Memorex 80/700
    BTW, seems, that CD-RW disks play better than CD-Rs. Today I made XVCD MPEG-1 at 2500Kbits/s for video and 224Kbits/s for audio and my DVD player played it perfectly.
    I also didn't see 99min/850MB CD-RW disks. But I'll probably buy those 99min CompUSA CD-R to try. They are only $10 for 16 disks.
    Quote Quote