VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    i bought alot of dvd here in our country and it contain a 20 episode the size is ranging to 160mb-230mb how they do that ! i want to do that too but i dont know how to start ((( help! and the file is avi.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. file size = bitrate * running time

Use a low bitrate and you can put a lot on a DVD. The problem is, the lower the bitrate the lower the quality. You can mitigate that somewhat by using a small frame size. 352x240 NTSC, 352x288 PAL. But keep in mind that frame size is really a part of quality so your trading resolution to get fewer artifacts. Some types of material compress better than others. For example, cartoons can usually be compressed more than action movies. And lastly, commercial DVDs are often dual layer so they can hold twice as much as a single layer DVDR. You can use dual layer DVD+R but that costs much more than using two single layers discs.
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Dec 2012 at 16:50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    file size = bitrate * running time

Use a low bitrate and you can put a lot on a DVD. The problem is, the lower the bitrate the lower the quality. You can mitigate that somewhat by using a small frame size. 352x240 NTSC, 352x288 PAL. But keep in mind that frame size is really a part of quality so your trading resolution to get fewer artifacts. Some types of material compress better than others. For example, cartoons can usually be compressed more than action movies. And lastly, commercial DVDs are often dual layer so they can hold twice as much as a single layer DVDR. You can use dual layer DVD+R but that costs much more than using two single layers discs.
    what size of video and audio bitrate should i use to put it on a single dvd . whatif i use a dual layer dvd? is the quality of the video is better than video on a single layer??? and what program could help me to do it i want to play it also on my dvd player. i think my player reads an avi file because i tried it alredy using my usb and i plug it on my player and it plays ))))

thats the video it quite good
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	211
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	15361  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thats the files in a dvd i want to that but i think it is more difficult because i converted all my files to avi and if i convert it to vob i think i spend a lot of time
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM

thats the contents
    Quote Quote  
  7. If your player plays your AVI files just burn a data DVD with them. That will be much faster and simpler than converting to movie DVD. And you won't lose any quality.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    how many episode can i put on a single layer dvd every episodes has 1.03 hours???
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by JOHNRUSSEL24 View Post
    how many episode can i put on a single layer dvd every episodes has 1.03 hours???
    4.3 GB worth. If each episode is 500 MB then you can put 8 episodes. If each episode is 4 GB then you can only put 1.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    every episode is worth 200 mb i want to put 20 is it ok ?? what software can i use? and i want to play it on my dvd player plsss help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by JOHNRUSSEL24 View Post
    every episode is worth 200 mb i want to put 20 is it ok ??
    Yes, it's less than 4.3 GB.

Originally Posted by JOHNRUSSEL24 View Post
    what software can i use? and i want to play it on my dvd player plsss help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any DVD writing application. Try ImgBurn, it's free. Use "Write files/folders to disc". Select the files, burn.

Keep in mind that will only work in players that play Divx/Xvid AVI files. It will not work in "regular" DVD players. And the players that do play those files usually will not play other types of files, like MKV, MP4, etc.
    Quote Quote