VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Yes , it's not working in ffmpeg libx264. I would stick with x264cli if you want to do open gop tests
    Quote Quote  
  2. ok nevermind, this switch works :

-x264-params open-gop=1
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using -vcodec h264 and as you said, -x264opts open-gop works fine for me. I don't know what is the difference between h264 and libx264 ffmpeg. I noticed I can use both...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by roa View Post
    I am using -vcodec h264 and as you said, -x264opts open-gop works fine for me. I don't know what is the difference between h264 and libx264 ffmpeg. I noticed I can use both...

-vcodec libx264 -x264opts open-gop => does not work . It encodes, but the command isn't actually passed in the encode

I don't know what difference is between -vcodec h264 and libx264 in ffmpeg, I've always used libx264 for ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok, -vcodec h264 calls libx264 as well, and -x264opts open-gop encodes, but command isn't passed through (still closed)

so use this
    -x264-params open-gop=1
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello,
    I tested HEVC and H.264 but I do not obtain satisfying results.
    I would want to know if I did not configured HEVC properly, or it is normal to be like this.
    So, lossless mode, for a Gop of size 4, input video format CIF
    = > compression ratio h.264 = 42%
    compression ratio HEVC = 50%
    Or for lossy mode, 1bit/pixel, Gop of size 4
    => PSNR luma h.264 = 30dB
    PSNR luma HEVC = 31db
    In lossy mode I do not obtain a better quality compared to h.264
    If you have some ideas, please help me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi,

I encoded a few frames of BigBuckBunny.yuv using HEVC and specifying a target bitrate of about 0.5bit/pixel. I noticed that the size of binary file decrease as the GOP size is larger. So, what is the role of target bitrate? Does it depends on Gop size? I was expecting to find the same final bitrate no matter the Gop configuration

thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello Everybody...

Is there anyone know the algorithm of HEVC encoder and decoder?? such as the flowchart ??

Best Regards
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks a lot for your fast response.

Best Regards
    Quote Quote  
  10. http://iphome.hhi.de/schierl/assets/hevc_icassp2012.pdf also contains a general diagram of a HEVC decoder
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks a lot for your support. I actually need it because I want to understand the HEVC encode/decoder how it works. Since I need to design a teleconference using HEVC codec, that's why I need to understand each step.

Thanks again and best regards.
    Quote Quote