VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, tryed to convert a DTS-HD MA audio track (from a Blu Ray) to a WAV file by using tsMuxeR and eac3to but without succes, especially if I try to use the file in Premiere or in any other editing software. All I can get is nearly 2 minutes of audio and that's it. So I was wondering if anybody here could help me with that mess ?

Thanks answer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you need the DTS as WAV for further processing? xrecode was always good to me. It's a nice audio conversion tool supporting loads of formats.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. does Premiere support wave64 (.w64), otherwise you will probably run into size problems, since normal wave is limited to 2GB per file,..
    2. iirc you need to have some ArcSoft Decoder present to properly decode dts-hd with eac3to

side note:
    xrecode is based on ffmpeg, so it probably uses libav for dts-hd decoding which was only capable to decode the dts core last time I checked

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    In case sb. stumbles upon this thread via google search (as I did), in order to update:

xrecode is (at least by now) capable of decoding dts-hd audio. I just converted a hd-ma track to WAV, worked nicely.
    Quote Quote  
  5. xrecode probably only converted the dts core to wav. If you want to do a proper conversion use the newest version of eac3to:
    eac3to.exe input.dts output.wav

Or ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg.exe -c:a libdcadec -i input.dts output.wav
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    xrecode probably only converted the dts core to wav. If you want to do a proper conversion use the newest version of eac3to:
    eac3to.exe input.dts output.wav

Or ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg.exe -c:a libdcadec -i input.dts output.wav
    I think you're right, thanks the heads up. I misunderstood the ^ post as if xrecode wasn't capable to import/process dts-hd ma tracks at all, it prolly decoded and converted merely the core.

(which BTW is fine with me, I never noticed a diference between core/lossless so far, at least on my setup. A lot of ppl claim they do, but when it comes to a double blind test.., not so many )
    Quote Quote  
  7. Have tried both xrecode and ffmpeg variants.

ffmpeg creates .wav file that couldn't be recognized in discWelder CHROME.

xrecode creates .wav file the of same size (compared with ffmpeg file) but does not recognize correctly 24 bit depth in input .dts file (originally .dtshd file, created in DTS-HD MA, recognized by xrecode only after renaming extension to .dts).
    xrecode .wav file does recognise by dWC but only as 16 bit file.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Give a try to the latest eac3to, which can use dcadec instead of the Arcsoft DLL.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks for your replay. Already done. The result is same as ffmepeg.
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Then the problem is in the excessive 'pickiness' of DiscWelder...

OR in the way that you're using DiscWelder

IIRC, DW requires mono .WAV files, and by default, eac3to will output a multichannel .WAV file from a multichannel compressed input.

You should use: eac3to input.dts output.wavS <= notice the extension, "wavs" instead of 'wav'.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    you're using DiscWelder
    Maybe-maybe.
    My goal is to burn DVD-Audio with DTS 6ch sound.
    The original sound has been extracted from Blu-ray as .dts or multichannel .wav file.
    This .wav file could be inserted into dWC and be burned, but... while listening it starts to lose the stream at app. 40th min of the track.
    As alternative I could ectract each chapter separately and burm them with dWC, but I here the small sound drops in transition from one track to another.

So, the idea was to demux .dts into 6 mono .wav files, cut them on 2 pieces, then DTS boh parts of them (with DTS HD MA) to .dtshd and the question is in correct converting these .dtshd into 6ch .wav.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "While listening" - at what stage? Burned to disc? What is the material?

I ask because I'm wondering if you've considered this being a Cinavia issue (blockage/muting after certain amount of playback time)...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yes, dWC project has been burned to the DVD-RW media and put into my Pioneer 600.
    Switching between tracks I start to hear the noise instead of music app at 40th minute from the beginning.
    (Have the same result with 2 different projects with DTS)
    While burning the dWC project with all tracks inserted separately (the same whole length!) it plays till the end without any problem.
    So, the issue is not in the length of the whole disc but in the length of the DTS track.
    Quote Quote