VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you watch reality shows?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I watch pawn stars and american restoration.I will add more popular choices as requested.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NO
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I prefer scripted TV shows to reality shows. I watched some of "River Monsters" and a few episodes of "Who Do You Think You Are" and "Dancing With The Stars", when a celebrity that I like was a guest. That's it. No "Survivor", "The Batchelor", etc. for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    american pickers, mythbusters, wheeler dealers, the universe. no american idol or survivor crap.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Not on a bet. I probably watch less than 3hrs of television in a week.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Occasionally I watch "Hardcore Pawn," when there is nothing else on, but as a rule I watch TV to avoid reality

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Only one so far,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093894/

Seriously, NO.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure I would categorize any of the options as "reality", although some are more "real" than others they are still set up to a point....

I also watch Hardcore Pawn, but that show is SOOOO set up and most of the drama they show is not real!!!

Some of the "reality" shows on the list, and several others NOT on the list are all staged, scripted BS!!!!

Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Only one so far,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093894/

Seriously, NO.
    LOL!!!
    Hey!!!
    You can not get any more real than that!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I watch Storage Wars, Pawn Stars and Kitchen Nightmares. I am well aware that these shows have a certain amount of "staging" to keep them interesting. I also watch Cops (when Fox doesn't preempt it with sports) and Hell's Kitchen. I sometimes watch bits and pieces of the shows on the History Channel - Ice Road Truckers, Mountain Men, Alligator Hunters, etc.

I watch the Canadian Dragon's Den and the American version, Shark Tank. Although there is likely some setup and creative editing in these shows I suspect that they are a bit less "rigged" than other reality shows.

I used to watch Survivor, Amazing Race and America's Got Talent but have missed the last few seasons. I never could stomach American Idol, DWTS or any of the other singing or dancing shows.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need one more category ... no, they make me vomit. I guess that'd be my answer.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I try to watch a better class of rubbish .. Amongst all the rubbish televised

Mind you I find USA tv unwatchable when I visit ... Full of advert breaks , pointless watching many programmes..

BBC uk tv has no advert breaks in an hour programme.. The way it should be to enjoy and watch the tv you pay for...
    Quote Quote  
  12. I voted "OTHER", wich in my case means "NO, but sometimes while I´m changing channels (and there´s basically nothing interesnting going on) I stop and watch a few moments" of one or two of the above mentioned, mostly those involved with restoration of old stuff, cars, etc...not the dancing and singing types and much, much less, Survivor and similar... I also have watched a few INSTANTS of shows like Jersey Shore or Bridezillas...they made me think the end of the world is not coming soon enough
    Quote Quote  
  13. No I can't stand them, I usually just watch sports and comedies.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Reality shows are like brain death, the only difference being that with brain death, you use less electricity.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LOWTECH View Post
    No I try to watch a better class of rubbish .. Amongst all the rubbish televised

Mind you I find USA tv unwatchable when I visit ... Full of advert breaks , pointless watching many programmes..

BBC uk tv has no advert breaks in an hour programme.. The way it should be to enjoy and watch the tv you pay for...

Apparently American TV has always been like this. Typically there are 3 breaks in a 30 minute block, sometimes 4. In the 1950s shows would last about 25 minutes with 5 minutes of commercials. Now some really popular shows like "The Big Bang Theory" often barely reach 20 minutes including the time for the final credits. A full one third of the viewing time is commercials.

Americans don't pay TV licenses like in the UK and you can get TV for free with an antenna. So the idea has always been that commercials are the "price" you pay in exchange for the TV shows being free. Some non-free channels available on cable and satellite do not have commercials except for ads for upcoming shows on the channel.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gold Rush Alaska, Bearing Sea Gold, Bearing Sea Gold under the ice & jungle gold atm..
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I watch the Amazing Race, both the US and Australian versions, but I guess it's time to 'fess up. My all time guilty pleasure is Big Brother.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jman98... thankyou for that information about USA TV ...
    Quote Quote  
  19. I watch Snog Marry Avoid religiously
    Quote Quote  
  20. Only channels I watch are PBS channels. Frontline, Nova, Nature...reality shows.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by chowmein View Post
    I watch Snog Marry Avoid religiously
    I feel deprived on this side of the pond. I thought you were making this name of a show up so I Googled it. I still wouldn't watch it, but that is an Awesome name!

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote