VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

I always use Video DownloadHelper and KeepVid site to catch my favorite videos from many sites.

But, very recently I have fond some difficulties to grab videos from dailymotion site.

DownloadHelper can show the videos and "grab" them. But, not in proper manner.

Some of the videos are captured incorrectly. Unplayable for any player after the catching.

They have a very small size too. Something like 600Kb or similar sizes, even the video should be "heavier" in size.

Not playable in any Player.

Whats happening? Any kind of method that prevent the catch the real video from that site?

Any tips to correct this problem?

See similar problems too:

---> http://forum.downloadhelper.net/content/wont-download-daily-motion-vids

---> http://www.downloadhelper.net/support-expert.php ( I try to look help there too!)

Thanks.
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 8th Dec 2012 at 08:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks like they've 'done something' to stop/deter people from grabbing videos.

VSO Downloader, Orbit's Grab++ and Internet Download Manager all retrieve/download bogus, unplayable files.

IDM update fairly regularly so hopefully a fix for Dailymotion will be imminent.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you realize that Adobe spends most of their development time on Flash working on new ways to keep you from downloading videos?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have looked for help about that problem.

See the answer I could get from VSO Downloader forum site:

they change their protocol that is not supported yet but will be in the future.
    I hope soon this program (and others too!) could adapt their softwares for such protocol.

PS: I could not test getflv yet. When I try it, I will tell you what the results I get.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    I hope soon this program (and others too!) could adapt their softwares for such protocol.
    And a month later Adobe will change their protocol again and all the downloaders will stop working again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    And a month later Adobe will change their protocol again and all the downloaders will stop working again.
    Apart from protected content/rtmpe streams, I personally have encountered only 1 site I visit where, if I wanted to, I couldn't download videos... and that's dailymotion.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Have a look at this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/311893-How-to-download-flash-video-RTMP-RTMPE-strea...-free-software

There are many sites that are willing to pay for the latest RTMPE license to prevent downloading. Other sites, especially those that get "free" content, like Youtube, don't care if you download their videos.
    Quote Quote  
  9. And a month later Adobe will change their protocol again and all the downloaders will stop working again.
    No solution for that? Similar to DVD's and Blu-ray's discs and protections, like Anydvd or Dvdfab programs to defeat them?

I mean: always need to find a new ways to bypass new protocols, protections, methods of streaming, etc?

I wonder why some sites such Youtube doesn't care so much if someone download their videos. And others, like Dailymotion, try to prevent it harder from users, using more difficult protections or methods.

Thanks for helping. :P

I'll try the tips.

PS: if you have some more updated and 100% effective methods to grab videos from Dailymotion or similar sites, post them here.

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    No solution for that? Similar to DVD's and Blu-ray's discs and protections, like Anydvd or Dvdfab programs to defeat them?
    DVD and Blu-ray protections are cast in stone. They can't change the encryption techniques because there is a huge installed base of players that wouldn't be able to play the new discs. Flash is software running at the server and at the client. Adobe can update both ends any time they want. Haven't you noticed that there's a Flash update about every month? Haven't you occasionally come across a site that requires a Flash update before you can play the video? This cat-and-mouse game between Adobe and the people that write downloaders is the main reason for that.

As I said, some sites don't care if you download their videos. They get them for free and are under no obligation to stop you from downloading them. Sites that have to pay for their content are under the most pressure (from the Copyright holders) to keep people from downloading that content. They will pay higher licensing fees to Adobe and Microsoft (Silverlight streaming) to prevent you from downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post

But, very recently I have fond some difficulties to grab videos from dailymotion site.
    The latest version of Internet Download Manager (6.14 build 5) currently works with Dailymotion

What's new in version 6.14 Final Build 5?

(Released: Jan 09, 2013)
    • Added support for Firefox 20
    • Improved downloading from some types of video servers
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi, dear all.

I have tested with the newest Video DownloadHelper and it seems that works now with Dailymotion site.

How long does it last for Dailymotion site, I don't know. :C

Hope the Video DownloadHelper's team can always find a solution for similar problems and updates pointed by @jagabo in previous threads.

Thanks for all for help and tips here.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote