VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can someone help?

I left AVStoDVD running overnight on a .mp4 file. The original file was too big to burn to DVD (over 4.7GB) so as I understand it the AVStoDVD program was going to shrink the original file and also make it into something it could then burn onto a single-layer DVD.
    Well, the next morning this message greeted me: "Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!". There are some text documents, which I assume are log files, along with a video file (4.1GB) and a couple of small audio files (2 expected commentary tracks).
    I sense that the operation was aborted in a non-critical phase, as tested independently the video and audio tracks play with VLC media player but there is no unified file/folder. Is the 'authoring' stage where the video and audio tracks are made into something that can be written to a DVD disc? Can I somehow finish this operation with the data that has already been created and without having to start from the beginning again?

Attached log files.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Jockie,

unfortunately the log files are not helpful in this situation.

I would suggest you to:

1. Open Muxman (it comes with AVStoDVD, you can find it in AVStoDVD installation folder)
    2. Add the video file (m2v file, the big one)
    3. Add the audio files (ac3)
    4. Select destination folder
    5. Start

Report here any errors Muxman gives to you.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, that did it.

Thanks _MrC_
    Quote Quote