VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

how can convert dts AUDIO file with 5.1Ch in MKA format to a audio file format with same channel(5.1) count?

i need a format for importing to adobe premier.

explain:
    i have a mkv film. and mp4 film.
    both are in 5.1CH with up 320Kb Bitrates.
    i want edit these file with another audio file in premier.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "MKA" is an audio file format. However, in trying to read between the lines, what I believe you are asking is: "how can I convert this audio file to a similar format that IS compatible with Premiere?"

The answer to that is use eac3to to convert the dts to ac3 (and in doing so, demux the mka to raw). If for some reason eac3to cannot read the mkv/mka file, demux it to raw FIRST, with AVIMux-GUI or another MKV-aware muxing/demuxing app. Then you would have a .DTS file.

No matter what you do, you'll need to re-encode. Whether to use 5.1 AC3 (as suggested) or as a 5.1 WAV/BWF file (should also work in eac3to and in Premiere), is your choice. But those are really the only 2 multi-channel choices that would work smoothly in Premiere.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Assuming premier will play with dts files it's easy enough to extract the dts audio from the mka file using MKVCleaver. MKVCleaver requires MKVToolNix installed in order to work. Once it's extracted the audio stream you'll have an audio file with a .dts extension.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Premiere MAY have an encoder for outputting DTS files, but it DOES NOT import DTS, so that is a non-starter.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKA is a container associated with Matroska:

The MKA file type is primarily associated with 'Matroska' by Matroska Association. The Matroska multimedia container formats were derived from a project called MCF, but differ from it significantly because it is based on EBML (Extensible Binary Meta Language), a binary derivative of XML. EBML enables future format extensibility, without breaking file support in old parsers. This is a container, not a CODEC. Get the parser from the Matroska site. MKA files are typical matroska files containing only audio information, but no video. These files may typically comprise a complete music album in one single file, where file chapters mark each song. In addition to that the file can have attachment like lyrics or cover JPEGs, or even show a Karaoke subtitle stream.

If there is DTS 5.1 files inside, they'd have to be extracted as hello_hello stated. As long as they're in a .wav format they should be easy enough to work with.

Sony Vegas would be an option considering there is video and audio involved.
    Quote Quote