VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wanted to mux together a bunch of m2ts videos. But tsmuxer won't accept more than 1 file at a time. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you want to append them (end to end) ? If so, push the join button

Usually the bundled camcorder software does a better job. It looks at the metadata included in the folders to seamlessly join. Tsmuxer can leave gaps and glitches between joins if these are camcorder files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still, the point is tsmuxer won't let me highlight a multitude (more than 1) of video files and then copy them to tsmuxer. I have to do it 1 at a time. What a pain.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jbitakis View Post
    What a pain.
    What about that Avidemux 2.6.0 (mentioned 2x already). You can drop a load of clips on it.
    video output-copy,
    audio output-copy,
    output format - mpegTS Muxer - try to load it into multiavchd
    (or you load that TS file file into mkvmerge and just remux it into mkv for a more robust playback, do not render mkv directly within Avidemux)

You do not have that Panasonics software that came with camcorder ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. HAha you think that's pain? The real pain is the sync problems and glitches that you get from bad joins from filespanned clips. Try manually syncing segments afterwards

My advice is to use software that works .
    Quote Quote  
  6. That is why I checked that new Avidemux, it was rewritten and it worked with 10 panasonic clips that I joined together A/V was in sync. This is crucial point for all of 50p/60p camcorder owners that for some reason or another do not use software that came with their camcorder, trying to join clips together with sync. I'm looking forward to hear if somebody tests like 30-40 clips, dropping them onto that Avidemux and it will come out together A/V in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes sometimes it works for some camcorders. But as much as I love utilities such as avidemux , tsmuxer , I've been burned too many times.

Now - I always use software that looks at the metadata contained in the folder structure for 100% reliable joins . Even if bundled software is crap, at least the joins are reliable. NLE's do this too when you import the folder structure. When you import individual clips into NLE's you run the same risks with glitches and sync issues as avidemux/tsmuxer etc..
    Quote Quote  
  8. yes, OP will not touch videoeditor for some reason, tries free solutions, I recommended that as a #2 solution as soon as Avidemux will not work for him ,

I tested Panasonic TM700 clips, successfully, he's got some model that was released year or two later so chances should be good.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using Freemake and it joins files together without a problem. I will also try the software it came with. will also try avidemux. i was just wondering about tsmuxer cause so many people seem to like it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jbitakis View Post
    i was just wondering about tsmuxer cause so many people seem to like it.
    Because it's free

And it was about the only software that handled transport streams for a looong time . The other being tsremux, but it had less functionality
    Quote Quote  
  11. he other being tsremux, but it had less functionality
    from my point of view there's still no tool that rivals tsMuxeR.

tsmuxeR still the only free tool that:
    1. runs on Windows, Linux, Mac (without the need for wine or similar)
    2. analyses m2ts streams
    3. can create avchd and blu-ray file structures
    4. mux and demux transport streams
    5. split transport streams (by time or size)
    6. extract the dts core out of dts-hd and extract the ac3 core out of trueHD streams
    7. offers a gui and a command line interface
    and all of that without relying on other tools
    Yes, there are tools that provide some of the functionality, but not all of it and definitely not cross-plattform.
    It's a shame tsMuxeR isn't developed any further and isn't open source.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote