VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    -Added: Support for fdkaac (thx to o-l-a-v for binaries)
    -Added: Support for .aiff and .aif files (thx to eahm)
    -Added: Custom output folder structures (thx to NappyHead and eahm)
    -Added: New textboxes, trackbars, etc (some settings are reseted)
    -Added: New progress view layout
    -Fixed: Summary didn't show if custom tags were used
    -Fixed: Some texts couldn't be seen if skins were disabled
    -Updated: AlphaControls full version 8.31 Beta (thx for donations)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    -Added: More skins
    -Added: Option to disable keeping encoder logs (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Added: Ability to convert to uncompressed aiff files (thx to eahm)
    -Added: Temp. wav files will be deleted right after encoding is done (thx to NappyHead)
    -Fixed: Too long log save times when encoding to MP3 (Lame) (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Fixed: Mp3 (Lame) progress wasn't shown properly (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Fixed: "Invalid floating point operation" errors
    -Improved: Lowered GUI's CPU usage while converting
    -Removed: CPU and memory usage bars
    -Updated: FLAC to 1.2.1 mod4 by Case (thx to eahm)
    -Updated: MadExcept to 4.0.6
    -Updated: QAAC and refalac to 2.18
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    -Added: Using pipes with encoders that support it
    -Added: New skin "DarkMetro"
    -Added: Option to skip a file if it's output exists (thx to henrikk)
    -Fixed: FFMpeg AAC encoding bitrate was always 128kbps problem (thx to norc426)
    -Fixed: It took too long to save logs
    -Fixed: A possible error which caused source files to be deleted
    -Fixed: Ctrl+A combination caused strange behaviour (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Fixed: Some codec settings obscured other controls
    -Removed: SoX
    -Removed: Some audio filters
    -Updated: OpusEnc to 0.1.6 using libopus 1.1.x [2013-04-23]
    -Updated: AltiVec/SSE optimized lame (thx to Brazil2)
    -Updated: madExcept to 4.0.7
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some users reported that they get "a,bc is not a float" error. I fixed it. If you have that error too, you can try TAudioConverter.exes below:

For installed version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter.7z
    For portable version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter_portable.7z

If you cannot download these files now, please try them later. My upload speed seems to be very low.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    -Added: "Volume" filter is now percentage based
    -Fixed: "x,yy is not a float" error when TAC started
    -Fixed: Encoding failed if effects were actived but not changed from defaults (thx to Glenn Gomes)
    -Updated: FFmpeg to latest static build from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    -Added: "Volume" filter is now percentage based
    -Fixed: "x,yy is not a float" error when TAC started
    -Fixed: Encoding failed if effects were actived but not changed from defaults (thx to Glenn Gomes)
    -Updated: FFmpeg to latest static build from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:

-Added: Seperate 32bit and 64bit builds
    -Added: Temp. wav files will be used again instead of stdin/stdout
    -Added: SoX is added to package
    -Added: Portable TAC will now save logs under "logs" folder (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Added: Some changes to info window
    -Added: TAC will now delet temp wav files after encoding is done or stopped
    -Added: TAC now won't write date to empty log entries
    -Added: Support for sampling rates 96khz and 192khz (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Added: Option to jump latest files in progress list
    -Fixed: Using FFMpeg as encoder caused channel problems
    -Updated: FLAC to 1.3.0
    Homepage: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update 0.8.8:
    -Added: Support for encoder FLACCL (thx to ChronoSphere)
    -Added: Support for pre-processor lossyWAV
    -Added: Support for ".dtsma" extension (thx to hubblec4)
    -Added: Channel options for lame (thx to Trinket)
    -Added: Replaygain option to FLAC encoder
    -Added: Option to play a sound after encoding was done
    -Added: Option to overwrite if output file alread exists (thx to ChronoSphere)
    -Fixed: Temp wav files couldn't be deleted right after an encode
    -Fixed: SoX temp files weren't deleted right after an encode (thx to kolpotoru)
    -Fixed: Logs weren't saved in "logs" folder by portable TAC (thx to o-l-a-v)
    -Fixed: SoX effects weren't shown in the summary
    -Fixed: Output folder edit was enabled after an encode to source folder (thx to ChronoSphere)
    -Fixed: "Clear All" button in log window didn't work
    -Updated: TAK to 2.3.0
    -Updated: AlphaControls to 8.40 Stable
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    -Added: Trim tool
    -Added: TAC will now ignore files in the list that do not exist
    -Fixed: TAC tried to save some text files to "C:\" (thx to Capsbackup)
    -Fixed: TAC will now use UTF-8 when saving logs (thx to ChronoSphere)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update 0.9.0:
    -Added: New skins "Steam2" and "GPlus"
    -Added: Hints to some options (thx to Trinket)
    -Added: Option to pass blocksize option to lossless encoders for losswav (thx to elubron)
    -Added: Support for extensions mpa, mp2 and mka (thx to kleen)
    -Fixed: LossyWAV failed if temp folder path ended with "\"
    -Fixed: FDKAAC always used CBR even if VBR was selected (NePaC)
    -Fixed: Removing files from list didn't reset trim values (thx to elubron)
    -Fixed: Moving files in the list caused problems with duration etc
    -Fixed: Musepack, TAK, Wavpack couldn't overwrite files even if it was enabled
    -Updated: SoX build with unicode by Lord_Mulder
    -Updated: AlphaControls to 8.41 Stable
    -Updated: MediaInfo to 0.7.64
    -Updated: OpusEnc to 1.1-beta
    Quote Quote  
  11. I just downloaded TAudioConverter to give it a spin and it looks like a nice program. Thanks. However....

I can't open files using the Add Files menu. I can add them using the Add Folder menu or I can drag and drop them into the program, but the "Add Files" menu doesn't show a single file on my hard drive, supported or otherwise. I'm running XP. Also, there's a couple of entries in the "file type" drop down list which aren't legible.

Name:  Clipboard01.gif
Views: 1731
Size:  5.0 KB

Or sometimes it looks like this:

Name:  Clipboard02.gif
Views: 1548
Size:  4.5 KB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think it is caused by skinning component. I fix it and everytime I add a new extension it get messed up again. Link below contain fix for it. They are portable versions and also include ttagger.exe which will be used to write tags. Extract TAC.exe and ttagger.exe to TAC folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter_32_portable.7z
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter_64_portable.7z
    Quote Quote  
  13. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No problem. Feel free to report other bugs or make suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Given I needed to time stretch some audio today and I'd just downloaded TAudioConverter..... but alas it doesn't seem to have such a function. Would it be worth implimenting? Even just basic PAL to NTSC conversion etc might be handy.

Every so often I need to time-stretch audio by a small amount (ie a percentage) which doesn't seem to be a function too many programs have. MeGUI's audio encoder will do "frame rate" conversions but you can't specify anything else. For those I use the SoundTouch plugin with foobar2000.

I do like being able to open audio with DirectShow for encoding. Sometimes ffdshow's audio decoder filters come in handy..... remapping channels "on the fly", adjusting volume, and quite often "problem" audio files will only encode/decode via DirectShow. Every so often I'll try to convert an audio stream which switches between 2ch and 5.1ch (ie TV captures) and most encoders/decoders don't seem to cope, whereas I can use ffdshow's mixer to output a consistent number of channels. I've not tried one of those file with TAudioConverter yet.
    Currently I either force MeGUI to open audio files via DirectShow if need be, or I open them via a DirectShow script with foobar2000, but TAudioConverter doesn't seem to like opening scripts.

My first TAudioConverter encoding job failed because I tried converting 5.1ch audio to MP3 without setting the downmix to stereo in the filters section. I kind of assumed if I chose MP3 as the output and I was converting 5.1ch audio, the downmixing part would go without saying....

I hate window animations with a passion. I have them all disabled. So I kind of get annoyed when a program doesn't follow the way Windows is configured in that regard and animates anyway. No big deal, but seeing as you asked.....
    Quote Quote  
  16. PS While I know TAudioConverter is designed for converting...... given it also has a trim function..... it might be nice to be able to trim the audio without re-encoding it. MeGUI will cut sections of audio then join the remaining bits back together, but it needs to use the "cuts file" it creates when adding cuts to AVISynth scripts. I'm not sure I've come across too many conversion programs which make it nice and easy to do something like "trim "x"amount from the beginning but don't re-encode the rest". Currently I use MP3DirectCut for MP3 but for other formats.... well if there's no other choice I'll sometimes do silly things like mux the audio into an AVI or MKV and then use VirtualDubMod or MKVMergeGUI to split it, then extract the audio again.....

Often I've longed for a program which makes doing the silly things nice and easy..... inserting silence into any audio file or removing bits of it without re-encoding, being able to re-encode multiple audio files as a single encode, or being able to join files without re-encoding etc. Just some thoughts.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @hello_hello
    I guess streching can be done using SoX, I didn't make a search yet but I believe you can change length of audio with it (speedup/speeddown). I can add an option to change it for each file, percentage based. A few users have requested this before but I missed it by the looks of it.
    I don't use avs or DirectShow. I guess there was a tool like avs2yuv for avs to wav or to raw audio. I can use it if you think it is worth and said tool is supported or works well in most cases.
    You are right about mp3 encoding. It must mixdown channels first if source has >2 channels. It will be done like this in the future.
    I guess you can disable animations by disabling skins. But I'll disable them anyways, they don't look fine if you ask me and sometimes they slow down TAC if your system is under pressure.
    I thought trimming worked when you selected "Extract Audio" but it looks like it doesn't work. It shouldn't be a problem since both extracting/copying and trimming is done by ffmpeg. "Extract Audio" doesn't touch audio (ffmpeg -acodec copy is used).
    One user requested delay function before. What they really asked was that TAC would extract delay value from file name and apply it. Again I guess SoX can handle that. Adding silence or removing a part from audio was supported by SoX, I remember reading in its manual.
    Currently when I work on TAC, I focus on proper tagging and cue sheet support. Tagging is almost done; if I'm not mistaken all of the encoders now have tagging support. Cue sheets are coming on well too but I don't have much samples and support at the moment is somewhat limited (no section support etc.).

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you say time-strech, do you mean speeding/slowing audio so that it's duration changes? If so, I think "speed" command from SoX does exactly what you want. Setting speed to 200% makes duration half.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've made some progress on some of the thing I wanted to implement. I need them to be tested before a release so I'm sharing TAC.exe+TTagger.exe so you can do some testing. Overwrite old exes if you want to try them.
    -Tagging is improved. Monkey's audio, TAK, TTA now has tagging support. Also number of tag fileds for aac encoder has increased. It is done by a tagging tool I'm writing called TTagger. I'll release it as a seperate tool and provide information about how to use it because it has a strange way of doing things.
    -Cue sheet support. It is limited and might have bugs because I don't have much samples. If you encounter problemsi please feel free to send samples as there is still room for improvement.
    -Playback speed change option. You can change playback speed of audio files. This will effect the duration of output file and it is applied after trimming.
    -Trimming works for "Extract audio" too now.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to play with the new version (the real world gets in the way sometimes), but I'll download them and try them out in the next day or so. Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @hello_hello, did you have a chance to test these exes?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Sorry..... I forgot.

I know I won't be able to for a day or so now as I've got to work for a change, but I promise I will sometime over the weekend.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @hello_hello Okay, I'll wait.
    BTW, I fixed unicode tags not being written. You can download ttagger.exe from here if you downloaded archives from links above https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171/TTagger.7z
    I also moved source code to https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-audio-converter.
    Silly of me, you'll need TAC.exe to get unicode tags working:
    Last edited by ozok; 5th Aug 2013 at 04:15.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    -y -i "E:\XXXXXX.dts" -threads 0 -vn -acodec pcm_s24le -f wav "C:\Temp\XXXXXXXXX.wav"
    -y -i "C:\Temp\XXXXXXXXX.wav" -b:a 448000 -acodec ac3 "E:\TAC\\XXXXXXXXX.ac3"

ffmpeg version N-53868-gc51654f Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
    built on Jun 6 2013 03:00:45 with gcc 4.7.3 (GCC)
    configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
    libavutil 52. 35.100 / 52. 35.100
    libavcodec 55. 15.100 / 55. 15.100
    libavformat 55. 8.102 / 55. 8.102
    libavdevice 55. 2.100 / 55. 2.100
    libavfilter 3. 75.101 / 3. 75.101
    libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
    libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
    libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
    [dts @ 0402eaa0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5002667 microseconds
    [dts @ 0402eaa0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
    Input #0, dts, from 'E:\XXXXXXXXX.dts':
    Duration: 01:40:54.82, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1535 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s
    Output #0, wav, to 'C:\Temp\XXXXXXXXX.wav':
    Metadata:
    ISFT : Lavf55.8.102
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s24le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s32, 6912 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (dca -> pcm_s24le)
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    size= 5200164kB time=01:42:43.15 bitrate=6912.0kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:5200164kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000002%

configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
    [wav @ 026b79c0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5003458 microseconds
    Input #0, wav, from 'C:\Temp\XXXXXXXXX.wav':
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavf55.8.102
    Duration: 00:19:52.13, bitrate: 35734 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s24le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s32, 6912 kb/s
    Output #0, ac3, to 'E:\TAC\\XXXXXXXXX.ac3':
    Metadata:
    Stream #0:0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_s24le -> ac3)
    Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0 448.0kbits/s
    [pcm_s24le @ 026bb660] Invalid PCM packet, data has size 14 but at least a size of 18 was expected
    Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input
    size= 65196kB time=00:19:52.15 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:65196kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try setting bit depth to 16bit?
    BTW you can do small tests before full encode by trimming.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks ozok, your suggestion worked.

I want to know why the 24bit depth didn't work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know why. Probably ac3 encoder in ffmpeg expects 16bit input.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New conversion error- This time tried with depth 16bit. File size is trimmed prematurely

-y -i "E:\Amen.mkv" -vn -acodec copy -map 0:1 "E:\TAC\\Amen.m4a"

Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'E:\Amen.mkv':
    Metadata:
    creation_time : 2013-08-02 12:51:37
    Duration: 02:37:45.79, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1246 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1280x544 [SAR 1:1 DAR 40:17], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp (default)
    Output #0, ipod, to 'E:\TAC\\Amen.m4a':
    Metadata:
    Stream #0:0: Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, 5.1 (default)
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:1 -> #0:0 (copy)
    size= 544609kB time=02:37:39.12 bitrate= 471.7kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:541431kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.586863%

-y -i "E:\TAC\Amen.m4a" -threads 0 -vn -acodec pcm_s16le -f wav "C:\Temp\Amen.wav"
    -y -i "C:\Temp\Amen.wav" -b:a 448000 -acodec ac3 "E:\TAC\\Amen.ac3"

Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'E:\TAC\Amen.m4a':
    Metadata:
    major_brand : M4A
    minor_version : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2
    Duration: 02:37:39.12, start: 0.009000, bitrate: 471 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 468 kb/s
    Metadata:
    handler_name : SoundHandler
    Output #0, wav, to 'C:\Temp\Amen.wav':
    Metadata:
    major_brand : M4A
    minor_version : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2
    ISFT : Lavf55.8.102
    Stream #0:0(und): Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 4608 kb/s
    Metadata:
    handler_name : SoundHandler
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (aac -> pcm_s16le)
    size= 5320752kB time=02:37:39.11 bitrate=4608.0kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:5320752kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000002%

[wav @ 02597920] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5001333 microseconds
    Input #0, wav, from 'C:\Temp\Amen.wav':
    Metadata:
    Duration: 00:33:22.57, bitrate: 21765 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 4608 kb/s
    Output #0, ac3, to 'E:\TAC\\Amen.ac3':
    Metadata:
    Stream #0:0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_s16le -> ac3)
    Multiple frames in a packet from stream 0 448.0kbits/s
    [pcm_s16le @ 0259b680] Invalid PCM packet, data has size 8 but at least a size of 12 was expected
    Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input
    size= 109517kB time=00:33:22.58 bitrate= 448.0kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:109517kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you encode to flac or some other lossless codec?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Beta build 2609 changes:
    added: TTagger can now write tags to Vorbis and Opus
    added: Default "Disc No" and "Disc Count" tag values are 1
    added: If encoder exits with an exit code other than 0, it'll be added to log
    added: Re-written cue sheet parser
    added: An option to go to bug report page in bitbucket project page
    added: GUID values will be used instead of numbers for temp files
    added: Exit codes to TTagger
    added: TTagger will now report tag writing outcome properly
    added: Min/Max bitrate options for Ogg Vorbis
    added: A log showing compression percentages
    added: Overwrite option will be shown in summary list
    added: Extra columns in file list and an option to hide/show them
    added: Progress list item adding is done according to file overwrite option
    added: Trimming is now millisecond based
    added: New progress bars that work better when skinning is disabled
    added: Info will be added to log if file's length was shorter/longer than threshold
    added: Custom tag usage will be shown in main window summary
    added: Pressing esc key will close windows
    added: Default skin is "AutumnSky"
    fixed: File check failed if file doesn't exist (huh?)
    fixed: Artwork image size wasn't written for some tag types
    fixed: A bug that caused wrong encoder to be selected for some cases
    fixed: Renaming was done twice if encoding was successful
    fixed: "Overwrite if exists" didn't work because older files were not deleted
    fixed: Clicking on a cue sheet item in file list would show full file duration
    fixed: Cue sheet items in progress list wasn't shown properly
    updated: all tag libraries
    There might be things I forgot to add here, you may refer to changelog.txt for further info.

Downloads: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-audio-converter/downloads
    Quote Quote