VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,

I'm dealing with a 3D SBS video file (00001.m2ts, h.264 AVC encode, Profile 4.1 with no sound) but unfortunately the eyes order is reversed. I understand that there is a way to get it into the right order by using AviSynth but being a noob I have absolutely no idea on how to go about it. Some research led me to FFmpegSource2 plug that is required for AviSynth and the following script:

FFMpegSource2("Path to input file", threads=1)

left=crop(0,0,Width/2,-0)
    right=crop(Width/2,0,-0,-0)
    stackhorizontal(right,left)

However, when I open the above in a saved .avs file using media player on Win 7 there is some processing going on and after about 10 minutes media player gives a message that it can't play the file. I noticed that the original file has not been touched and there is an additional file (00001.m2ts.ffindex) that is about 56 Kb long. Obviously something is not right and I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure it out on my own. Could someone please help me get this to work?

Also, what should I expect to happen? Will media player show any processing status and will the original file be overwritten or will there be a new output file generated after the process has been completed successfully?

Thanks much.

- Tommy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    start over from the source. you'd need to cut it in half twice(left and then right) and then rejoin them switched. after 3 more re-encodes it will probably look like crap. and take twice as long as doing it over.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First, your crop for Left should be:
    Code:
    left = crop(0,0,-Width/2,-0)
    Notice the minus sign in the third variable (the right crop) that was missing in your listing.

Also understand that Avisynth only frameserves. It does NOT encode, or even preview. To do that you need to frameserve it to an encoder (like x264) or and editor (like virtualdub).
    And one should NEVER, EVER, EVER encode a file back onto itself, even it it's possible and you are hurting for space.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi Scott,

Thanks for the tip about the "-"

Secondly, how do I go about frameserving? I actually tried opening the file avs in VirtualDub prior to trying Media Player and it spat out an error, perhaps it was "-"? Or should I have something more installed? Can you recommend a x264 encoder that works great with AviSynth? For the longest time I've been using multiAVCHD for transcoding.

Furthermore, you mentioned never to encode back unto itself so where does one specify the output? Somehow I could never find an answer so I assumed that either the original gets overwritten or a new one gets generated by default at the same location as the original.

EDIT: I just looked at the Handbrake screenshot and it looks like it might do the job. I noticed an "Advanced" tab in the image is this where you can add Avisynth scripts?

Thanks again for help.

- Tommy
    Last edited by tommy2010; 1st Dec 2012 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Once installed (correctly), avisynth automatically frameserves when called by the calling app (vdub, handbrake, etc) via the avs script.

If there is an error, what is it? Read the error to determine what needs fixing and then read up on syntax and how to fix that particular error.

The calling encoder app is where one specifies output name and path.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Scott,

I just realized that multiAVCHD accepts avs scripts. So, I'll give this a go later today with the correction in the script you pointed out and report back.

Tommy
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Scott,

Okay, so it does seem like I will be able to accomplish what I need with an avs script coupled with multiAVCHD but realized that if I do use a script then I can't use it in conjunction of the multiAVCHD GUI. So if you could help me translate certain elements from the GUI into the avs script then I'd be very appreciative. For convenience I have attached an image of the functions as used in multiAVCHD. The FPS should be: 23.976 and the cropping should be for 3D swapping as in my previous post you corrected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	multiAVCHD_settings.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	15022

Thanks,
    - Tommy
    Quote Quote