VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Is there anything BETTER than jetAudio?.. I seriously doubt it.. but I'm curious what others think

jetAudio's biggest problem has been people not knowing how to install codecs.. the easiest and best way i have found is to install eRightsoft's Super at the same time you install jetAudio. as the codecs in Super let jetAudio read about anything under the sun.. just a quick little secret i figured out..

jetAudio is the only media player i know of that can shutdown your computer at a set time, and also start-up your computer for use as a media-playing alarm clock.

Its the only I know of with such functional Windows Shell Context-Menu Integration

Its the only one I know of with such an easy to use to Lyric Synchronizer

its the only one I know that has such a powerful way of editing tags on all your songs simultaneously

one negative thing, is that the only download link is off-site.. but at least the download doesnt link to any download installer.. there is NO Bloatware, and NO sneaky Toolbar crap.. It IS a direct link to the Executable File.

jetAudio is Available here:
    http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/

Here is a little wish list of some features I think the community would wish we could have in jetAudio:

- Hosted On your Own COWNON Servers, rather than C-Net
    - Native x64, 64-bit version
    - Albums not linked to Artist at top level
    - No Twirl Arrows for single Album
    - Drag-resizable External Spectrum Analyzer that can go full-screen and support multiple monitors, with bars that increase in width & thickness with window Size
    + Currently it just has 3 width & 3 height levels
    + A Full-screen Spectrum Analyzer would replace the need for any and all other visualizations
    - Equalizer editable & Selectable from the External Spectral Window or Toolbar Mode
    - Audio Overdrive, the ability to go over 100% Volume
    - Add Each Folder to a New Separate Album
    + For Selecting Multiple Folders at the Same Time
    + And an "Include sub-folders" check box that applies to the top folder of each of the folders selected
    + And a “Use Folder Names as Album Names”
    - Preferences Window which includes the Right-Click Toolbar menu & the Right-Click Video Window menu, to set master defaults
    - Complete export of all settings
    - Bundled with the same codec set that eRightsoft’s Super gives us (Installing Super with jetAudio gives you the perfect player)

The basic version is Free, and is far more comprehensive than most if not all other players on the market.

The Plus VX version includes DRC, Dynamic Limiter, BBE & BBE ViVa Effects, 32-Bit Sound, Video Conversion over 30 seconds, Audio Trimmer & Audio Mixing Recorder. Things I personally don’t find very useful.. I personally only use the Free Version.

A Few of the MANY Features available in the Free Basic version of jetAudio are:
    - Full Unicode Support
    - Full Shell Integration into Window Context menu
    - Deluxe Tag Editor with Bulk-Editing Support
    - Separate Video Window
    - Unlimited Video Window Resizing, to as tiny as possible
    - All Windows include 'Keep On-Top' check-box
    - Audio Conversion
    - Audio Recording
    - Built-in Count-Down Timer &/or Time-Specific Alarm, to:
    +) Exit jetAudio (Close program)
    +) Exit Windows (Shut Down your Computer)
    +) Enter Stand-by Mode
    +) Enter Hibernation Mode (if your computer is set to allow it)
    +) Stop Playback
    +) Start Playback
    =) of Disk
    =) of File (or playlist / album)
    +) Start Recording
    - Built-in Alarm to
    - Lyric Creator & Synchronizer
    - Lyric & Subtitle Downloader
    - Separate Lyric Viewer
    - Resume Songs & Movies of User-Defined Lengths
    - Instant File-Type Re-association without needing to restart program
    - Complete Editable Hot-key Functionality
    - 4-button customizable mouse & Mouse+Keyboard action support
    - X-Surround Mode
    - Multi-Channel Sound
    - Wide Sound
    - Reverb
    - Full-Resolution Audio Rendering
    - Messenger Display
    - Multi-Language Packs Available
    - JLR, LRC, TXT, RTF, HTM, & HTML Lyric Display
    - Multi-Subtitle Support
    - Video Snapshot
    +) The Square button with a Center Dot in it, on the right of video window controls
    - Slow-Motion Audio & Video Playback
    - Faster Audio & Video Playback
    - Full-Scale Pitch Control for Karaoke or Sing-a-longs
    - Full Karaoke Support
    - Comprehensive Aspect Ratio Support
    +) 4:3 TV
    +) 16:9 HDTV
    +) 1.85:1 Theatrical Wide-Screen
    +) 2.35:1 CinemaScope 1
    +) 2.39:1 CinemaScope2
    +) 1.43:1 IMAX
    +) 3:2 Vista Vision
    +) 5:3 Standard from some European Countries
    +) 2.20:1 70mm
    +) 2.59:1 Cinerama
    +) 2.76:1 MGM Camera 65
    +) 4:1 Polyvision
    - 3 Window Display Modes
    +) Show Only when Playing Video
    +) Show Always
    +) Attached to the Media Center
    - Play Modes:
    +) Program (User Defined)
    +) Random
    +) Normal
    - Repeat Modes
    +) Repeat This
    +) Repeat All
    +) No Repeat
    +) A-B Repeat
    +) Stop After Current Track
    - Adjustable Cross Fade
    - Adjustable Insert Silence Between Tracks
    - Screen Adjust:
    +) Bigger +
    +) Smaller -
    +) 100%
    +) 50%
    +) 80%
    +) 150%
    +) 200%
    +) Full Screen Modes:
    =) Normal
    =) Fit Display Width
    =) Fit Display Height
    =) Stretch To Fit Entire Screen
    - Complete Video Filter Stream Support
    - Complete DirectShow Customizations
    - Fully Customizable EQ with 11 Presets & 2 User Saved Slots
    - Built-in Sound FX Modes:
    +) Bypass
    +) Flange
    +) Invert Flange
    +) Robot 1
    +) Robot 2
    +) Slow Chorus
    +) Phase Shift
    +) Invert Phase Shift
    - Internet Radio
    - Integration with Youtube, eMusic & Amazon
    - Hide Tray Icon
    - Disk Ripping
    - Disk Burning
    - A Subtitle Time Offset
    - Subtitle Font selection, Size, Color, Outline, Shadow, & transparency, with Outline Shape or Box Shape
    - Video Hue, Saturation, Contrast, & Brightness Adjustments expandable below Video window
    - Creates many Auto-Playlists Based on:
    +) Recently Added Music
    =) for MP3 Player
    =) Yet to be Rated
    =) All Recently Added
    +) Recently Added Video
    +) Recently Played Music
    +) Recently Downloaded
    +) Random Music
    +) My Collections (many)
    +) My Favorites (many)
    - Internet Radio in Many Languages

- Laptop-related Functionality
    +) Stop Playback if Battery Life Drops Below [user-defined] Percent
    +) Stop Playback if Battery Life Drops Less Than [user-defined] Minutes
    +) Restart Playback when the Computer comes out of Power-Saving Mode
    +) An Auto-hide of the toolbar available, useful for a laptop

There are 3 very different Menus to use:

- Player Preferences Window
    - Right-Click (on Toolbar) Menu
    - Right-Click (on Video) Menu

There are 4 basic default layouts to the JetAudio Interface

- Normal - A Square, Floating Console (Silver or Gunmetal Grey)
    - Mini - a Rounded, Floating Compact Version of Normal (Silver)
    - Toolbar Mode - a Thin, Long strip on the Top or Bottom (Above Taskbar) of your Screen
    - Toolbar (Short) Mode - a shorter, floating, un-docked version of the normal toolbar
    +) If you dock the short toolbar to the top or bottom of your screen, it become the full toolbar
    +) By undocking the full toolbar, it becomes the floating short tool bar.
    +) Normal Mode can be turned to Toolbar Mode simply by activating the Toolbar
    - Toolbar With Spectrum - The Spectrum Analyzer Window can be docked or undocked from the toolbar or hidden at any time

To get the "Gunmetal Grey" Toolbar Mode:

Select the normal Gunmetal Grey mode, and then right-click and activate the Toolbar Mode..
    Or simply have the Silver Toolbar activated, and enter the Skin Chooser and Select the Gunmetal Grey skin

Generally, "Gunmetal Grey" on the bottom of your screen works/looks best for Window 7.. Silver is better for an XP install with a Silver theme.

Most users will also want to go into preferences and adjust the OSD's, Balloons & Tooltips to shorten their time or disable them completely

Out of the Box, jetAudio only plays a few Video Formats, because it was designed with compatibility in mind. jetAudio utilizes the codecs you install on your computer, which open up a variety of natively built-in options for those formats.

This is to say, jetAudio expects you, the end user, to be responsible for managing the Codec Libraries installed on your system, since its easy to get conflicts and errors when installing multiple codec packs

Because, on occasion, codecs and codec packs installed on your system from various Audio & Video Editors, A/V Creators, Media Conversion Programs, & Stand-Alone Codec packs, may sometimes have compatibility conflict & obsolescence issues, jetAudio leaves it to you to manage your installed codec library, based on the codecs you need.

A lot of media player developers chose to bundle their players with their own selection of Codecs, and usually don’t support any other codecs except what the program either came installed with from its own self-inclusive Codec pack which no other program may use, or it was designed to read a very specific Codec set in your Computers shared Codec Library which any program may use

Some programs (like jetAudio) do not come with their own Codec Bundles, but are able to benefit from most any Free Codec installed on your system, and has many built-in features & options to support & play those file types.

I, personally, use the codec libraries eRightsoft Super has compiled and packaged into the Super program installer. The developer of Super has created a well-rounded comprehensive set of Complimentary codecs for your computer which don’t conflict with each other.. I install Super before any other program for its codecs, as Super has resolved other codec conflicts I've had in the past, and comes with all of the codecs I personally need, for my use

However, this particular install of codecs in Super may conflict with existing Codec packs on your system, so I recommend uninstalling any other codec packs you have installed before installing Super, if you choose to go this route.

You will also need Quicktime 4 or higher installed on your computer if you wish to view or hear Quicktime's native formats, due to Apple’s licensing requirements

Here's a list of the officially supported File-types in Jet Audio:

669 , 3G2 , 3GP , AAC , AC3 , AIF , AIFF , AMF , AMR , AMS , APE , ASF , ASX , AU , AVI , DAT , DBM , DIVX , DMF , DTS , F4A , F4V , FAR , FLAC , FLV , IFO , IMS , IT , KAR , M2T , M2TS , M3U , M3U8 , M4A , M4B , M4R , M4V , MDL , MED , MID , MIDI , MKA , MKV , MOD , MOV , MP+ , MP1 , MP2 , MP3 , MP4 , MPC , MPE , MPEG , MPG , MPLS , MPP , MT2 , MTM , MTS , OFR , OFS , OGA , OGG , OGM , OGV , OKT , PLS , PTM , QT , RA , RAM , RM , RMI , RMVB , RV , S3M , SND , SPX , SVD , TAK , TP , TRP , TS , TTA , ULT , UMX , VDC , VOB , W64 , WAV , WAVE , WAX , WMA , WV , XM

And here is a list of the formats Super installs codecs for, including the Divx H.263 & Divx H.264

3GA , 3GP , 3G2 , AAC , AC3 , AMR , AMV , APE , ASF , AVI , BMP , CPT , DAT , DTS , DVR-MS , F4V , FLAC , FLC , FLI , FLV , GXF , IFO , JPG , M2TS , M4A , M4V , MKV , MMF , MOV , MP2 , MP3 , MP4 , MPC , MPG , MTV , MXF , MXG , NSV , OGG , OGM , PGM , PNG , PPM , QT , RA , RAM , RM(VB) , SGI , SHN , STR , SVCD , SWF , TAK , TGA , TMF , TRP , TS , TTA , TY(+) , VCD , VIV , VOB , VQF , WAV , WEBM , WMA , WMV , WTV , WV

as for plug-ins, i havent tried many, but i tried this Sexy Attached Analyzer, here:

http://www.winamp.com/visualization/sexy-attached-analyzers/3277

its very customizable, but i only got it to work when selecting "attach to screen" instead of 'attach to winamp'

I can fill up to the top 1/3 of your screen.. i'm actually looking for a full screen Spectrum Analyzer...

if anyone knows about one, please let me know, thanks..

i also DL'd a few other Spectrum Analyzers, from the same site, but couldnt seem to get them to work..

thats the extent of my search for jetAudio plug-ins.. though it claims to be able to use most Winamp plug-ins..

i've heard there are different categories/builds of winamp visualizations.. so i'm not sure what i'm looking for really..

any help on this would be appreciated..
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 04:50.

2. Why fool around with this codec...possibly adware infested junkware?
    Go to tools and look under media player.
    Potplayer, MPC, VLC and Splash Lite are good choices.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Steve(MS) View Post
    Why fool around with this codec...possibly adware infested junkware?
    Go to tools and look under media player.
    Potplayer, MPC, VLC and Splash Lite are good choices.
    ya, tried all of those, i thought they were really noob crap, stevie.. particularly Potplayer & Splash Lite.. i wouldnt touch either of those with a 10-foot pole, to be perfectly honest.

and did you call it "Codec-Infested"?

if you re-read the OP, you will see how I explain very clearly how Codecs are used by various programs, from self-inclusive under-developed crapware like VLC, which uses the developers codec-collection it scrounged up in the free Codec world and hoards it ONLY for itself.. to more liberating programs designed for specific sets of Free codecs which it shares with other programs, which most people find more useful.. to programs like jetAudio, which are actually built to use mostly user-organized & user-maintained System codec libraries, but create their interface to natively have built-in features to handle those codecs..

and there is not a single piece of Adware, nor an ad to be found anywhere in jetAudio.. get your facts straight there steven

or are you just an applephile.. who really just hates the COWNON media company for giving us all media players which dont succumb to the apple way of dealing with customers?

at the very least, you're seriously mis-informed, and far more likely, you're just maliciously slandering an outstanding company

thanks for your random hate-spatter steve..
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 04:55.

4. Are you the same guy that got the whole thread deleted about this junkware on the other forum?
    Just curious. It may work for you but don't expect us to like what you like.
    It seems you are somehow tied to this prog.
    No one but you knows about this "wonderful" media player....gee, wonder why that is?
    You won't last long here either, there may be even less toleration than on the other fourm
    Bye to you and your prog.

PS You won't gain any points here by badmouthing VLC or Potplayer...say bet?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Steve(MS) View Post
    Are you the same guy that got the whole thread deleted about this junkware on the other forum?
    Just curious. It may work for you but don't expect us to like what you like.
    It seems you are somehow tied to this prog.
    No one but you knows about this "wonderful" media player....gee, wonder why that is?
    You won't last long here either, there may be even less toleration than on the other fourm
    Bye to you and your prog.

PS You won't gain any points here by badmouthing VLC or Potplayer...say bet?
    ok, you arent really saying anything that anyone can make any sense of here..

do you just feel the need to spat about.. hither and thither? is that your "thing"?

this is the 2nd time you've come in here calling the Media player which comes Bundled on every single COWNON media device "Junkware"

and you've managed to do so without making any sort of point, or providing any sort of proof or suspicion, or without actually saying anything at all..

To my best guess, you are most likely using the internet's forums as a surrogate for some other problem in your life, which leads you to really doing nothing but trolling, hazing, and trying to instigate some sort of flamewar.

Dont threaten me, stevieboy... is there some reason you need to resort to threats of "not making me last long" here?

That seems to me to be a direct admission of trolling to get a user banned, and i dont see how it can be taken any other way

and are you wanting to "bet" that you can get me banned for stating my very valid opinions regarding potplayer & VLC? whilst all the while you really contribute nothing but slathering random trolls, baits, & pathetic little threats over a mediaplayer you havent said a single word about other than what amounts to nothing but spatting verbal diatribe?

I think you overestimate your importance in this Forum, and underestimate the freedom of sharing personal views & experience this forum has afforded many people, including myself, over the years

Little rabid forum trolls really hate that people can share their opinions freely.. dont u..

good luck getting the mods to ban me, and in turning this forum into one of your little hoarding caves
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 04:56.

6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Calm down now.

Of course is VLC crap and jetaudio the best thing in the world.

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 1337assassin View Post

ya, tried all of those, i thought they were really noob crap, stevie.. particularly Potplayer & Splash Lite.. i wouldnt touch either of those with a 10-foot pole, to be perfectly honest.

and did you call it "Codec-Infested"?

if you re-read the OP, you will see how I explain very clearly how Codecs are used by various programs, from self-inclusive under-developed crapware like VLC, which uses the developers codec-collection it scrounged up in the free Codec world and hoards it ONLY for itself.. to more liberating programs designed for specific sets of Free codecs which it shares with other programs, which most people find more useful.. to programs like jetAudio, which are actually built to use mostly user-organized & user-maintained System codec libraries, but create their interface to natively have built-in features to handle those codecs..

and there is not a single piece of Adware, nor an ad to be found anywhere in jetAudio.. get your facts straight there steven

or are you just an applephile.. who really just hates the COWNON media company for giving us all media players which dont succumb to the apple way of dealing with customers?

at the very least, you're seriously mis-informed, and far more likely, you're just maliciously slandering an outstanding company

thanks for your random hate-spatter steve..
    God, what a knob.

Why doesn't whoever writes this program ... which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole ... just learn SEO techniques like every other hack out there?

Rather than have someone who can't even write coherently or spell post something so long that no one is going to read it?

Single dumbest thread idea. Ever.

Search PM
    jetAudio sucks
    jetAudio worm
    jetAudio virus
    jetAudio trojan
    jetAudio malware
    jetAudio BSOD
    jetAudio crashes
    jetAudio crash
    jetAudio ate my homework
    jetAudio stole credit card details
    jetAudio no support
    jetAudio K-Lite

9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    JetAudio's homepage says:

Highly recommended software components :

DirectX 8 or higher version

QuickTime 4 or higher version (needed to play QuickTime files)
    DirectX8 is for the Windows 2000 people, so be it

As for QuickTime... well, decent and up-to-date Windows applications don't depend on QuickTime anymore

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post

God, I'm a knob

Why doesn't whoever writes this program ... which I wouldn't touch with the 10 foot poles i gag ... just learn SEO techniques like every other hack out there?

Rather than have someone who can't even write coherently or spell post something so long that no one is going to read it?

Single coolest thread idea. Ever.
    Well, Hoser, thats COWNON, who writes the program

and really, if there werent so many of you little tots squealing about VLC and other ACTUAL crap, and slandering the ACTUALLY best media player on the market.. there would be no reason for "people like me" to try to re-educate the entire population of media player users so they dont end up fingering their rectums over there with you in the VLC crowd... because eventully its going dawn on them, Hoser, that their fingers dont need to be in their rectums.. then where will they all go?

So Hoser, I've come to get u sorted.

and really? is the ONLY thing you have to say about jetAudio or the entire topic at hand, a spelling error? really? is that where your intelligence rises above the rest and really stands out? in your ability to point out mistyped words on internet forums?

superb work there... Hoser...
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 19:16.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    jetAudio sucks
    jetAudio worm
    jetAudio virus
    jetAudio trojan
    jetAudio malware
    jetAudio BSOD
    jetAudio crashes
    jetAudio crash
    jetAudio ate my homework
    jetAudio stole credit card details
    jetAudio no support
    jetAudio K-Lite
    First of all, hach, there is NOWHERE in jetAudio any sort of worm, or virus, or trojan, or malware, neither has anyone ever gotten a BSOD

never in the history of me using jetAudio has it ever even frozen, paused, had a hang-up, crashed, shut-down unexpectedly, or even had a slight wait before shutting itself and all related processes down completely..

And i'm calling you out..

post details, any you can dig up, of jetAudio even remotely having any sort of tiny, itsy, bitsy hidden bout of non-transparency, or ANY REASON why you believe it "sucks"

that goes for the lot of you

that's like saying Samsung tablets install viruses & trojans

my best guess is you likely didnt download it from the ONLY place COWNON hosts its file..

or that your computer was zombie piece of crap to begin with, which, based on the depth and untruthfulness of your post, is far more likely the case.
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 19:46.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    JetAudio's homepage says:

Highly recommended software components :

DirectX 8 or higher version

QuickTime 4 or higher version (needed to play QuickTime files)
    DirectX8 is for the Windows 2000 people, so be it

As for QuickTime... well, decent and up-to-date Windows applications don't depend on QuickTime anymore
    well, heggumunte, Quicktime doesnt come installed on Windows.

Quicktime codecs, while several of them are free, are not freely-distributable

Apple requires special licensing for Quicktime Codecs.. even some of the most expensive and elaborate programs on the market still require you to install quicktime on your computer.

i dont even think Adobe products properly render Quicktime files without Quicktime installed on your system

and, Quicktime Pro is one of the best programs for Windows as well

or are you somehow thinking that Windows users dont need anything from Apples Quicktime?
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 19:41.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Calm down now.

Of course is VLC crap and jetaudio the best thing in the world.
    and THANKYOU, baldrick..

you know, practically every good thing in the world has come from Sweden & Holland, and other such Countries who actually protect us all, to this day, against injustices, corruption, corporate greed, oppressive political laws, copyright tyranny, and media industry totalitarianism

were it not for the protective regulations, laws, & culture the people in those countries have afforded the world's oppressed and manipulated, there would not have ever even been an America. Most all of the ideologies of Freedom, Liberty, and Justice for All were actual practices of the people in places like Holland, Sweden, and parts of Scandinavia..

they protected and defended the American forefathers, sheltering them and giving them safe harbor and freedoms the rest of Europe would never have.

and today, still, as in those days, Sweden & Holland and others from those cultures are practically the ONLY people on earth who still value, defend, and protect ACTUAL freedom, ACTUAL liberty, & ACTUAL justice

Most of what comes out of America today, on the internet, in society, from the government, from the corporations, from the banks, from the media industries, from the entrepreneurs, and even the average forum troll, is nothing but oppression, attacks, injustice, inequality, intolerance, totalitarianism, absolutism, propaganda & out-right lies, and the abolishing of free-thought, free-ideas, free-thinking, free-speech, and freely stating opinions and other view points..

i mean, actually today, you're practically the only source of sanity, tolerance, justice, freedom, liberty, & enlightenment.. in the ENTIRE World

you've stood the test of time.

meanwhile America and most countries following them or pandering to them have squandered those rights & ideologies, and that culture, and now seem to be void of them completely, and are in fact working against them.. and in such a short time, compared with your cultures..

so I Thank the God of Heaven, Earth, & Sweden.. for all the great things people like u have done & are doing..
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 23rd Nov 2012 at 19:50.

14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No free speech here though...

Thread closed.