VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Attempting to back up my Titanic disk. Made an iso with AnyDVDHD. Mounting this with Daemon Tools and playing with DA Player gives a perfect result. But when I shrink it with BD Rebuilder the audio sync is out by 5+ seconds.

BD Rebuilder has many options/settings that are beyond me. Has anyone had sync problems and been able to fix them ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you just tried play the shrinked with daplayer? Try also vlc,mpchc (open the bdmv folder).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI Baldrick yes, the original ISO is in sync, the 8 hour BDRB build output isn't.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    What settings are you using now? Are you converting DTS to AC3? Or are you leaving the audio intact?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Kerry I'm not changed any settings that I know of. Under Audio Encoding Options the top 2 boxes are ticked and the other 3 not.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You didn't answer Baldrick's question. Have you tried another player? It would help to know if we can eliminate your player as the cause of the problem.

Apparently daplayer is nearly two years old and has never been updated. Perhaps it's been abandoned? A veteran member here gave it a rather poor review.

There should be no problem with decrypting the disc, since it's been out a while. And I don't recall any thread about this disc being problematic. IIRC, the Titanic disc is an AVC encode, so interlaced VC-1 in an extra is not a factor. Anyone know if there's any funky audio in there like DTS_ES or DD_EX?

Do you have BDRB correctly set up? The included inspect.exe in your BDRB folder can tell you if your configuration is okay.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Ok. Blu ray stats shows that the original sound track is in DTS-HD MA, but since you aren't changing the format on the audio, I'm not sure how it screwed up. I take it the log file showed nothing amiss?

You might be able to adjust the timing of the audio in AviDemux 2.5 (the audio filters don't seem to work with this format in 2.6). Import the m2ts file of the main movie, make your adjustments then save as an mkv file and use Copy for the audio and video streams.
    Check playback. Then import the mkv file into tsMuXer GUI and output as Blu ray format. No guarantees.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry Fritz and Baldrick, yes I had also tried VLC plus the burned disk in a Panasonic BDT-320.Thanks for the tip about "inspect". There is one problem listed - about VC1. You mention this as not a factor but should I correct it anyway? How ?

- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
    - AVISYNTH Version: [2.5.8.0], Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: [1.11.96.14], Ok
    - FFDSHOW: [3882], Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [9004503] WMP:9,0,0,4503
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
    - AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
    - BD Rebuilder v0.42.0.4, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

It took about 8 hours for BDRB to do its magic. Is it possible to do a small sample just to check sync?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    To correct the setting for VC-1, since you are using XP, go into ffdshow and set VC-1 to disabled. Download and install WMV11 or Windows Media Player 11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    kirkmc, Did you follow the directions in step 8? If not here it is, 8. Setup VC-1 decoding in the same way you did MPEG-2 in step one. For Vista or Windows 7 using "Video Decoder Configuration" -- select "wmv9". Recommended for Windows XP only (but not required): Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used instead).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Kerry have you another link please? http://www.softpedia.com/downloadTag/WMV+11 is a bit odd, I think it's trying to install toolbars or some adware download manager... then doesn't offer WMV11 but 'Video Convertor'. Puzzled...

Tarzan, had a bit of trouble understanding step 8, not surprised I got it wrong !
    Quote Quote  
  12. Why don't you have a go with doing movie-only? Just to see if that reproduces the problem.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You guys are great with all the help - thanks! Still struggling a bit - where is VC1 in ffdshow? I get 7 options:-
    Audio decoder configuration
    DXVA Video decoder configuration
    Homepage
    makeAVIS
    Uninstall ffdshow
    VFW configuration
    Video decoder configuration

fritz I have started again in movie-only mode.... but it ay take 8 hours !
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    If I click download on the page that comes up at Softpedia, then the US mirror, the file starts downloading for me.

I haven't seen it at Microsoft, so I don't have a direct download. I'd suggest installing Windows Media Player 11 instead, which includes the necessary codec.

To change the setting in ffdshow, go to Video decoder configuration. Find VC-1 in the list, then click on its decoder to select disabled.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Kerry, VC-1 is set as disabled. No, nothing starts downloading here, but I'll hunt a bit deeper for it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have found WM9Codecs.exe from Microsoft 1.4 MB. Is that "WMV11" ? I also have a K-Lite codec something or other installed. Any conflicts?

Thanks ! (I really don't eant to install the Windows Media Player if I can avoid it.)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The movie-only copy has the same problem Fritz.

Next step, I'll install WM9Codecs.exe and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I more than half expected movie-only would work.

I did a search for audio sync problems on the BDRB bug report thread and read a good many posts. Couldn't find anything that seemed applicable. Mind you, if you look at the full BDRB change log, audio sync fixes figure prominently for many versions. I've never encountered an audio sync problem myself when using BDRB.

Just guessing now, but you could try:

1) Change the decoder/frameserver used by BDRB to the internal X264 LAVF decoder and try an encode. Then try DGDecNV.

2) Try extracting main movie with Clown_BD from the original disc with AnyDVDHD running in the background. Set it to Blu-Ray output with audio unconverted and see if eac3to complains about the audio. Then try re-encoding the result with BDRB.

If you're re-encoding to BD25, use the high-speed BD25 option, it will be considerably faster.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    kirkmc, open video decoder configuration in the FFdshow program, On the left column look for VC-1, It will already be disabled, Click on it, Select wmv9, Then click on apply at the bottom of that screen, Then exit, Try that. Remember it says for windows XP users only but not required to download WMV11, If you do download WMV11 you have to disable VC-1 if you don't download WMV11 you should choose wmv9, I personally don't download any video codecs except for FFdshow because they can cause conflicts with each other.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    kirkmc - If nothing suggested works, try the following - re-encode the movie but do NOT get rid of any languages or subtitles. See if that fixes the issue. I've seen weird things happen with BD-RB when you start eliminating languages from the re-encoding that don't happen when you keep all of them. You've got nothing to lose to give it a try.

Post a screen capture of the film opened in BD-RB where we can see what video format the main movie is using. Make sure that all the language and subtile options can be seen in what you screen capture for the main movie. It might help us to get to the problem. I remain skeptical that your problem is being caused by WMV.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Reviews of the movie show that it is AVC (H264). The setting for VC-1 should have nothing to do with the issues in audio/video sync.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Some I'm not really sure how to do. It's my first use of BDRB and auxilary progams and not familiar with any of them.

So the WMV11/VC-1 settings are now ruled out ?

I've run it through BDRB twice, once with all the defaults, and once as movie-only. Both are similarly out sync-wise. The original ISO mounted with Daemon is nicely in sync. Fritz, could you show step by step details for your Step 1? Then I encode again with BDRB but use DGDecNV (for playback?).

Is there any logfile I could paste here to help ?jman, do you mean screenshot this ?

Sorry, the paste did not work. Was the BDRB screen with the file loaded - the text is

Stream . Log I Batch
    I . TITANIC
    ............ VID_00001 MPEG-4 (AVC), 1080p, 23.976fps, 44,479.60 MB
    - Audio
    .. . AUD_001 DTS-HD XLL, Multi-Ch, English
    AUD_002 AC3, Multi-Ch, English
    AUD_003 AC3, Stereo, English
    AUD_004 AC3, Stereo, English
    AUD_005 AC3, Stereo, English
    AUD_006 AC3, Stereo, English
    + I- Subtitles

The lines starting with AUD all have a red cross, apart from the first one.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Just because VC-1 isn't an issue doesn't mean your configuration might not be the problem, especially since this is your first attempt with BDRB. Regardless of what inspect.exe says. Personally, I'd uninstall Avisynth, Haali, and ffdshow. Then manually delete your Haali folder, because if it gets corrupted it won't uninstall cleanly and will bugger a re-install.

Then install only the versions linked on the BDRB developer's thread (linked on the BDRB tool page).

You really should fill in your computer details, because the next item can save you a lot of grief if you have Windows 7.

Right-click the BDRB executable and select run as administrator. BDRB will then offer to configure your system for you correctly. If you're not using Win 7, you're out of luck and will have to do it the hard way with inspect.exe.

Anyway, using the LAVF decoder couldn't be easier. Just tick the check box in settings. To use DGDecNV, you have to download it separately and deselect LAVF and tick the DGDecNV box, then map to the executable.

Anyway, again, this disc has been out a while so I doubt your rip is bad (though you could try that again as well). After further thought, my guess would be a corrupt Haali splitter installation. But the problem is on your computer, I'm convinced of that.

And put your working files folder on a hard drive separate from your OS drive, or at least a separate partition. These are big files you're dealing with.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What you posted is good enough. Messing around with WMV will NOT fix your problem since we know now that you have AVC video.

Kerry56 - It's very unusual, but I have seen BluRays where different regions actually use different encodes and one region might use VC-1 and another will use H.264 on the exact same video, for example. I just wanted to rule out that he was dealing with interlaced VC-1.

You've been given several suggestions. You can try mine of just re-encoding without removing any language or subtitle files. You can also see if it's a config error as fritzi93 suggests.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    > If you're re-encoding to BD25, use the high-speed BD25 option, it will be considerably faster.

I don't see a high-speed BD25 option,where is it found ?

Fritz I'll do exactly as you suggest but may get stuck. Especially with using iInspect to tweak configuration but will have a go, then try LAVF and DGDecNV. I've got Win XP and the various auxilary programs
    I'm using were downloaded about a week ago as per the instructions in the CURRENT VERSION 0.42.03 Sep 11th 2012.

The folder shows:-
    Avisynth_258.exe 4,085 KB Application 12/10/2012 6:54 p.m.
    BDRB.exe 636 KB Application 28/10/2012 1:15 p.m.
    BD-RBV04203.zip 25,974 KB WinZip File 12/10/2012 6:53 p.m.
    BD-RBV04204.zip 26,017 KB WinZip File 17/11/2012 10:10 p...
    BDREBUILDER.INI 1 KB Configuration Settings 22/11/2012 8:54 p.m.
    CHANGES.TXT 127 KB Text Document 28/10/2012 10:46 a...
    DownloadManagerSetup.exe 1,101 KB Application 12/10/2012 8:28 p.m.
    ffdshow_rev3882_20110613_clsid.exe 4,540 KB Application 12/10/2012 6:53 p.m.
    Forum address.txt 1 KB Text Document 12/10/2012 7:16 p.m.
    HIDDENOPTS.TXT 7 KB Text Document 16/09/2012 12:12 p...
    Inspect.exe 64 KB Application 28/10/2012 10:37 a...
    LASTCMD.TXT 1 KB Text Document 21/11/2012 4:28 p.m.
    LICENSE.TXT 24 KB Text Document 11/09/2012 6:54 a.m.
    MatroskaSplitter.exe 703 KB Application 12/10/2012 6:54 p.m.
    MSCOMCTL.OCX 1,053 KB ActiveX Control 3/07/2005 9:54 a.m.
    README.TXT 6 KB Text Document 20/08/2012 6:39 a.m.
    REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT 1 KB MS-DOS Batch File 17/11/2009 2:51 p.m.

>And put your working files folder on a hard drive separate from your OS drive, or at least a separate partition. These are big files you're dealing with.

The OS is on C: and BDRB is on D:. The destination drive for the output is N:. There's ample room on all.
    I could also try a differnt movie altogther and see if anything changes. My other disk is Avengers.

jman - more than happy to try anything and I would re-encode without removing languarge etc, but haven't I already done that? I removed nothing on try#1, then #2 was movie-only. Results were the same in both cases.

You guys were lucky it all worked for you ! Certainly the picture is very nice
    Quote Quote  
  26. High speed BD25 option is under Settings -> Encoder Settings. Might as well use it for your test encodes at least until every thing is working properly.

Post your inspect.exe results again, after you've re-installed the auxiliary programs. The ffdshow VC-1 setting can be WMV9 (as mine is set) or go with Kerry's suggestion; either will work.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and suggestions. A couple of us have tried everything and no change, so I'm over it! Will wait for Slyce and/or hope something else turns up. Maybe DVDShrink will do a BDShrink ?
    A temp fix is to make an mkv with Handbrake. Looks good enough and is in sync !

Thanks again to all, best for 2013
    kirkmc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was reading through this thread and others to find what I am looking for, but I cannot find a clear answer. It DOES have directly to do with BDRB, so I thought I'd just reply to this thread, I hope that is okay

Very simply, I am running the latest version and have all the correct things installed that come with it. I am running Windows 8-64 and I have a decent quad core and 8 Gigs of RAM. Here is what I want to know. On the 'Setup' menu, you have a choice whether to select 'USE X264 INTERNAL LAVF FOR DECODING'. Now, I've tried to read until I go blind, but I cannot find a definitive answer as to whether it is best or fastest to use this option, or should I just use the normal settings?

Now, 2 things that I THINK I saw when reading. 1 is that this option enables the 64 bit version of x264, which SOUNDS like a good thing, right? Okay, and 2, I read that this option automatically utilizes all of your 4 cores in processing, which also sounds pretty good.

I do know that with BDRB there is a config option where you can set it either to determine how many of your processors to use 'MULTIPROCESS=1' I think. Or, you can set it to use a specific number of cores, which I THINK JDobbs does NOT recommend.

So, should I leave it with the 'USE X264 INTERNAL LAVF DECODER' option ON, or should I turn that OFF and set the config to 'MULTIPROCESS=1'? Now, if I DO this latter choice, will I LOSE the 64 bit functionality?

I sure do appreciate any insight into what would be the best and fastest configuration for my setup!

Cheers!

_______________L@the
    Quote Quote