VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Somebody in this forum has probably answered this before, but in looking at the first page, I didn't see anything.
    I "acquired" the new James Bond film, it came in two parts of about equal size. I merged them using a version of "VDub,"
    but "VDub" detected that the audio was in "variable bit ratio"-VBR, and suggested that I do the merge in full processing mode which decompresses the file, leaving me a 101 GB file, which I would like to recompress into a more manageable size. PLease point to a tutorial, or, program to do this.
    thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try ignore it? Because I think it should work fine from virtualdub 1.8 and later.

Or try join with avidemux.

And by james bond film I guess you mean that you have recorded the movie from tv....and not any warez cam release.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Balrick;

I have Vdub 1.10, and, the reason I went with the full processing mode is because Vdub warned me tht becasue of VBR it might casue the merged file to be out of sync, so to better safe than sorry, I went with their sugestion. If there is no simple way to (re)compress the vdub merged file, I'll try mergging tthe two files with the other program you suggested.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by agent222 View Post
    I have Vdub 1.10, and, the reason I went with the full processing mode is because Vdub warned me tht becasue of VBR it might casue the merged file to be out of sync, so to better safe than sorry, I went with their sugestion.
    Are you being obtuse on purpose? Just do as he suggested. And upgrade your VDub, setting Video to 'Direct Stream Copy' when joining (so you don't wind up with the huge files).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ??!!

You mean the new James Bond film that is just coming out in theatres? Warez, anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When VirtualDub states that you should use full processing mode, it is referring to the audio settings, not video. So you should do video direct stream copy and audio full processing mode using some audio compression, like MP3.
    Quote Quote