VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I play my Xbox 360 on 1680 x 1050 widescreen HDMI.

I purchased a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 and I cannot configure it to play in a half-decent resolution.

I've installed the software (Media Express, USB 3.0) and I am on the "Capture" screen on the Media Express software.

Any ideas?
    Regards,

EDIT

I have a modern laptop with a USB 3.0 slot and it all seems to be working fine.

I've managed to make the recording appear in HD 1080i 59.94 and it looks pretty good on my laptop screen, however the res on the TV is pretty bad. It also lags when capturing, though it seems perfect when I'm just previewing, and not capturing.

Also, I meant to write "Shuttle" instead of "Pro" in the title. How idiotic.
    Last edited by Jonnyisonfire; 7th Nov 2012 at 10:43.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The Black Magic devices are designed to capture standard broadcast video resolutions and refresh rates. For HD video that's 1920x1080i29.97, 1280x720p59.94.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The Black Magic devices are designed to capture standard broadcast video resolutions and refresh rates. For HD video that's 1920x1080i29.97, 1280x720p59.94.
    Hmm, it's not ideal to play in 1080i or 720p but it's manageable. What can I do about the laggy capture?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Jonnyisonfire View Post
    What can I do about the laggy capture?
    Get a faster computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ...or at least a faster IO & Storage subsystem (eSata, Firewire, Fibrechannel, Thunderbolt, MAYBE usb3.0) with fast RPM harddrives.

BTW, if you are capturing uncompressed or losslessly-compressed HD rez, you probably better be using a RAID system.

Scott
    Quote Quote